OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2020, 16:47 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Nice blog you have there v100.

I read page 1 and watch the videos, skipped to page 7 to see your progress since 2018. Had to go back to page 6 and I would say you have an impressive control of your pips.

I would suggest for you to be more attack oriented on the forehand especially when countering. But that is just an opinion. Enjoy the game and I'll be checking on your progress. Keep spinning or I would rather say, keep killing those spin!

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2020, 16:52 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
Red_lion wrote:
Nice blog you have there v100.

I read page 1 and watch the videos, skipped to page 7 to see your progress since 2018. Had to go back to page 6 and I would say you have an impressive control of your pips.

I would suggest for you to be more attack oriented on the forehand especially when countering. But that is just an opinion. Enjoy the game and I'll be checking on your progress. Keep spinning or I would rather say, keep killing those spin!

Thanks Red_lion :party: :*:
Yeah, being more aggressive on the FH is something that a lot of people have been suggesting me for quite some time. It's one of the directions of my game that I'm currently working on :topspin: . Or at least trying to work on :lol:

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2020, 10:13 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

No new video Vasko?

Keep spinning..

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2020, 23:54 
Super User

Red_lion wrote:
No new video Vasko?

Hi, Red_lion,
really no new videos. I film myself, watch, sometimes cut some points/shots and remove the files from the disk. So I'll add a small video with a couple of nice points/shots to the end of the entry.

blog entry:
I've been playing (not training) about 3-5 times a week for the last 2-3 months + 2 times a week I go to the gym. Currently I'm in very good shape in terms of TT :party: The problem is that we don't have a lot of clubs in our city (like, 1 club, 1 TT school and a couple of halls that are used mainly by non-players). Overall the TT community in our city is weak. Currently there's nobody who can beat my from the regulars in my club and that's a problem for me, cause it's hard to progress this way. I've won like 11 from the last 12 weekly tournaments and the last 2 monthly tournaments. So, obviously the form is good but the problem is there too :( .
Currently I play much more aggressive than before, twiddle a lot, try to stay positive and work on my attacking play against everybody.
Found a couple of stronger guys that play in the space of the TT school (cause they have connections) and played a couple of times with them. I hope I'll be able to continue playing with them cause I need to play against stronger opponents for better progress.
Equipment: everything's great. P4 + Battle 2 work wonders for me
Most actively I'm currently using(working on) the FH flick with the pips (After a twiddle, of course. The first point of the video can be an example of that) to set up the point. It works super well with a short spinny side-under serve when your opponents tries to leave it short. When you do this flick with the pips after that he gets a very weird ball and, when placed to his middle, you have a very good chance for a finishing attack after his shot.
Also the thing that Red_Lion mentioned in his previous comment - more FH countering - this I'm working on too.
Overall - working on the aggressive game that consist of a timed twiddle, good placement with the pips and a good finisher (either BH or FH).
Here's a short video of a couple of points or shots that I liked from my recent games (and one point from a training session - just love the Battle 2 for it's counterlooping ability).

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2020, 15:38 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Vast improvement in 2 years.. no wonder you are unbeatable ..

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2020, 00:34 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Overall nice improvement in your game! I am glad you are sticking with the same LP. That is the only way to learn all of its tricks. Even Gionis when asked why he still plays with FL2 (when most choppers switched after ball changes) he said that he knows all its tricks and limits which takes years to get used to and master.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2020, 19:33 
Super User

Red_lion wrote:
Vast improvement in 2 years.. no wonder you are unbeatable ..

Not so sure about the improvement. I would say that it's only relative to my club. I feel like I need to play against better players to really feel a step up in my game. My current shot selection is not the best against better opponents - too much risks and I'm often not prepared for some returns (cause usually these balls don't return when I play against my club mates).
notfound123 wrote:
Overall nice improvement in your game! I am glad you are sticking with the same LP. That is the only way to learn all of its tricks. Even Gionis when asked why he still plays with FL2 (when most choppers switched after ball changes) he said that he knows all its tricks and limits which takes years to get used to and master.

Thanks, notfound123.
Yep - sticking to my current equipment definitely helps. I just feel confident in some shots cause I know what can be done with my combo and if it's a miss or something - I know that the error is on me (poor technique or not the right shot selected).
P4 seems very versatile and I'm still only exploring it's potential (so much to learn.. And then to implement it into the game plan :o ;) ).

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2020, 18:47 
Super User

I'll just leave this here.
This guy has a nice channel where he analyzes his matches and now he started filming great videos about some specific things in TT.
Currently there are 3 parts, here's the first one:

The second is about BH and the third is about serve receive.
My opinion is that these videos are superb and really contain things that you won't find.. So check them out on his channel :)

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2020, 18:19 
Super User

So here's my most recent video.
The match took place on 16th of October. It was the final of a Thursday League.
The boy against me doesn't come often to our club so we were not very familiar with each other in terms of what to expect.
I started the match very badly - like a ton of misses and mistimed balls. I think I was not ready for the pace of the game (cause my previous matches were against much slower opponents and this boy plays faster). Overall I played well, there's a lot of nice points in the match. The first game is the only one that is not very watchable :)
Still the same problems - not ready for the ball to come back sometimes, choosing very risky shots.. Like always :)

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2020, 21:32 
Super User

Still playing :)
But our federation canceled all division championships..
So, it became quite cold here and the Battle 2 became rather dull (cause in the clubs it's not very warm either :)).
After some thoughts and because of the fact that there will be no more valuable tournaments this year I decided to try and anti :o :rofl: . I've always wanted to do so. My initial choice was Nittaku's Best Anti, but because I didn't want to wait for it another week or two, I decided to try the Giant Dragon Soft Anti in 1.5 thickness. Why this anti - it was supposed to be slow and should have had some spin in it. My thoughts were: "my current P4 is spin sensitive, so I want an Anti that has some spin too". Another thing I hoped for was the increase in weight and the change of balance (so the Battle 2 starts playing ok even when it's cold).
I've already had a couple of days playing with it and the results are rather unexpected: I have no trouble playing with it. Some corrections here and there, but overall I feel it really well.
So after only 5 hours of play time:
1. the Soft Anti is much slower (I feel more control over the table with it)
2. It's much less spin sensitive (I still need to get used to this)
3. I can attack with it much-much better
4. the P4 (0.5) has more passive reversal, so even if you play a lazy shot it'll still have some spin left. The Soft Anti kills almost all the spin (or my technique)
5. Chopping: it's good, just needs a more active wrist and some chops become very heavy, but I still need plaing time for this :)
6. Racket balance changed and now the Battle 2 plays good even in colder conditions.
Overall I played two of my regular sparring partners and they said that it's not easier for them and that it's somehow different - some things are easier, some - harder.
Overall I was very impressed cause I was expecting that I won't be able to use it first try. I think I made a good guess choosing a grippier anti - this seems more familiar to me and fits rather good into my game.
So this fun experiment will continue, of course :)

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2020, 23:53 
Super User

So.. it's been two weeks with the Soft Anti now. - played about 6 times.
First things first - changed the Battle 2 to Apollo 5. Here's why: with the anti the racket became much faster - it seems like the blade is engaged more now and I really couldn't control the Battle 2 over the table.. The short game was not short, the serves - too, blocks - out.. Overall - it became too fast. So I changed it to Apollo 5 (36 deg) and now it's ok. Some shots are not as easy as they were with the Battle 2 but overall - quite good now (with the pips it was much more dead, with the anti it's better).
So now it's: Sanwei Dynamo + Apollo 5 (36 deg) + GD Soft Anti (1.5).
After two weeks playing with the anti all I can say - I like it. Let's try and point out the differences again:
    * chops with the anti are loaded and slow. With the p4 are loaded and faster. Some think that the first is better, some - the second. The important part is - the chopping game is very good with both of the rubbers.
    * serve receive is easier with the Anti
    * passive reversal is much more pronounced from the p4. The soft Anti does not cause much trouble to the opponent by leaving residual spin from their shot (like the p4 (and other pips) does).
    * attacking over the table is much easier with the anti for me. (probably cause my BH technique is more inverted-like)
    * Soft anti is much slower in every regard. On my Off blade - that's ok(great, even), but on a slow blade this would make it impossible to play defense (you'll need too much strength to put the ball back on the table)
All in all: I'll continue with the Soft Anti for now :)

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2021, 18:34 
Super User

So finally found the right combo :)
I really like the Soft Anti. I use it like the pips but with better control for me (and less disturbing for the opponent). I changed the blade to a slower one (had Yinhe N-11S with a couple of regular rubbers) and returned to my beloved Battle 2.
Now this combo is slower than the Dynamo combo so I can control it pretty well. A little bit more dwell on the FH side that needs to get used to, but overall - very good. Already played a couple of times with different opponents and everything feels good.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2021, 02:01 
Super User

Haven't filmed myself for quite some time :)
Here are a couple of consecutive matches against my friend (and a regular tt partner, so I play quite relaxed against him).
Too relaxed in the 1st match and better in the second. There are some good rallies here and there. He's with p4 0.5 on the BH (red) and Battle 2 black :)
The matches are cropped, comments are welcome. I think this is watchable ..

and the second (the better match overall)

Lot's of mistakes when I try to kill chops cause the dwell (on the N11s) is not the same as in the Dynamo (the Dynamo had much less dwell and it shot the ball very fast), but it's a small adjustment that has to be done :)

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2021, 05:47 
Super User

So I've been playing more than posting - that's for sure..
On 16th of January we had matches of our 3rd national league. I played good, lost to stronger opponents, won the once I should have won. All in all - good play, the Anti becomes a grater weapon for me with each day. More like I can control it better. So, 5 team matches on 16th (that's "from dusk till dawn") and then I went to a local tournament on the next day - played good, here's the match for the 3rd place. The opponent plays 1 league higher than me but I had my chances here (like leading 10:8 in the decider). The match is somehow a classical match - he gets an easy set, then I get an easy set, then he, then me, and then a tough decider. There are some nice rallies and shots. I'm pretty sure I was mentally very fatigued after the previous day and still somehow played pretty good.

After that I traveled to the seaside (where my parents live) and I've been playing here in the local club with the guys. It's great to change the environment sometimes. You see that some things that don't work against your clubmates work against other opponents.. And you see what doesn't work on them.
So, to sum it up:
equipment feels fine
I feel in form
now we need some more tournaments :)

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2021, 18:38 
Super User

Another "invention of the bicycle" from me.
Recently I've been actively forcing myself to watch the opponent's wrist after my serve - this should be obvious, but it wasn't for me.
So I'm currently working on this (watch the wrist and predict instead of watch the ball and react). The nice thing is that you can do this while watching highlights on youtube too - just watch how they are approaching the ball on receive and predict it.
Probably I just need to start using the ttEdge app :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next