OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 00:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
v100ev wrote:
So if anyone decides to visit Bulgaria in the future...

I've been working on a project for some time now: https://tthalls-bg.com/en/ :party:
It's a site with most of the table tennis halls in Bulgaria where you can go and play.
Today I published the english version and that's why I'm writing about it now.
I would love to fill it with more content but for now the bulgarian TT community is not very active with helping in finding information about the halls..

Anyway, check it out! And if you visit Bulgaria in the future I hope it'll help you find a place to play table tennis :Chop:

Very, very cool. I would love it if others did this as well. I will bookmark it and IF I am ever in Bulgaria...

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 11:32 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
v100ev wrote:
So if anyone decides to visit Bulgaria in the future...

I've been working on a project for some time now: https://tthalls-bg.com/en/ :party:
It's a site with most of the table tennis halls in Bulgaria where you can go and play.
Today I published the english version and that's why I'm writing about it now.
I would love to fill it with more content but for now the bulgarian TT community is not very active with helping in finding information about the halls..

Anyway, check it out! And if you visit Bulgaria in the future I hope it'll help you find a place to play table tennis :Chop:

A very nice site, indeed!

The Contact page has a typo, however, - "Messege" should be "Message".

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 16:24 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: Trick Anti
vanjr wrote:

Very, very cool. I would love it if others did this as well. I will bookmark it and IF I am ever in Bulgaria...

Thank you very much!) an if is always an if :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2020, 16:24 
Super User

ziv wrote:
A very nice site, indeed!

The Contact page has a typo, however, - "Messege" should be "Message".

Thanks for the feedback! :up: :party:

+ fixed the typo

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2020, 18:19 
Super User

Yesterday was a first league night playing with the P4(0.3-0.6) and overall my second time with it.
So what can I say:
* It's light
* Superb control
* Chops are slow and loaded
* I can easily create a variety of under-spin from any ball (top/no/under - you can change it)
* Although it's sensitive to spin it's somehow rather forgiving :up:
* Aggressive serve returns are easily done (lot's of wrist there)
* Attacks are ok

A great pip, I'll stick with it for now :Chop:

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 20:38 
Super User

Yesterday played some matches.
Well, yeah, P4 it will be for now. The control is really nice and the ability to create your own spin and speed on no-spin "loops" is great.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2020, 02:04 
Super User

Although the club is closed I had a chance to play twice since the quarantine here (13.03).
So here's an uninteresting video of me looping against my buddy who has the keys for the club :)
I'm the guy in red. Nothing interesting here but if you have comments - I would love to have a discussion :)

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2020, 11:04 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
v100ev wrote:
Yesterday was a first league night playing with the P4(0.3-0.6) and overall my second time with it.
So what can I say:
* It's light
* Superb control
* Chops are slow and loaded
* I can easily create a variety of under-spin from any ball (top/no/under - you can change it)
* Although it's sensitive to spin it's somehow rather forgiving :up:
* Aggressive serve returns are easily done (lot's of wrist there)
* Attacks are ok

A great pip, I'll stick with it for now :Chop:

I can play with just about anything but I keep coming back to it. Yeah, it is awesome. 1.0 thinkness is pretty much all of the above but allows for inverted-style attacks (at the expense of control and it adds a bit more speed)

Koji knew what he was doing when he designed it.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2020, 17:05 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:

I can play with just about anything but I keep coming back to it. Yeah, it is awesome. 1.0 thinkness is pretty much all of the above but allows for inverted-style attacks (at the expense of control and it adds a bit more speed)

Yeah, it's very nice. I think about trying the 1.0 version when the current dies (but with the clubs closed it won't be soon..)
Is the 1.0 ver much faster? Cause I'm really ok with the current speed but I would like to have even more spin variation in some moments :devil:

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2020, 00:30 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
v100ev wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

Yeah, it's very nice. I think about trying the 1.0 version when the current dies (but with the clubs closed it won't be soon..)
Is the 1.0 ver much faster? Cause I'm really ok with the current speed but I would like to have even more spin variation in some moments :devil:

No, it is not much faster but it is 10-20% faster (IMHO). You just don't feel the blade as much. Since it doesn't bottom out you can loop and do all kinds of attacking shots that aren't possible with the 0.3-0.6. You are basically stepping into the SP territory.

If you prefer its dead OX-like feel, stay with the one you have. I love how you can slow down and return even the fastest of loops coming at you. 1.0 and thicker-- not so much as you have to chop much faster and more aggressive to match the incoming ball spin.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2020, 07:08 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:
No, it is not much faster but it is 10-20% faster (IMHO). You just don't feel the blade as much. Since it doesn't bottom out you can loop and do all kinds of attacking shots that aren't possible with the 0.3-0.6. You are basically stepping into the SP territory.

If you prefer its dead OX-like feel, stay with the one you have. I love how you can slow down and return even the fastest of loops coming at you. 1.0 and thicker-- not so much as you have to chop much faster and more aggressive to match the incoming ball spin.

Thank you very much for the info. :up:
When the time comes (when we start playing normally) - I'll think about it remembering your post :D

PostPosted: 07 May 2020, 22:34 
Super User

I was cleaning my PC and found a video from Bulgaria Open 2019 that I haven't uploaded...
It probably needs a crop but I'm too lazy to do that now :)
So here it is:

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 17:31 
Super User

So we've been playing here officially since 21st of May :)
Since then:
changed the blade to a faster one (Sanwei Dynamo) and the pips to OX Talon. Main idea was - more offensive play. The ox pips gave my the chance to take the initiative early and then follow with the regular rubber (FH or BH by twiddling). After about 3-4 weeks with this combo I decided to put the p4 0.5 back instead of the Talon.
Why: Talon is way too insensitive to spin and with my technique it's not easy to control it. Also the feeling of the FH rubber was rather hard.
So with the current combo (Dynamo + Battle 2 + P4 + a little weight strip on the head of the blade for balance) I feel very well. The p4 gives me the opportunity not only to chop, but also to play with it like it's a medium pip rubber. I can block and hit through topspins with it pretty well. It didn't feel that way with the slower blade. So now I can stay on the table more, block, attack also twiddle and use the inverted .. - overall - very nice. And also I can defend - the P4 has really outstanding control. Although the pips are slow, the blade is fast so the attacks from the pips (3rd ball, medium-short pips style) are decent in speed.
It's very interesting cause the high grip of the P4 allows me to use it in such way (like it's a medium pip).
No funky balls or enormous passive reversal of course (like with Talon), but now I have good control, more spin variation and quite good attacking play that is complimented with a rather solid defense.
So overall - changed the blade to a much faster one and that helped me with my offensive game - nice :D Probably I'll record myself this week so I can see and compare my new game style with the old one :^)

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2020, 01:05 
Super User

Feeling better and better with the new combo. The comfort of being able to play near the table and occasionally get into defense mode (and good defense at that - the p4 is great even on a fast blade) is a great thing :)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 02:02 
Super User

Apar from watching the Russian top 16 this week I found this channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtsngv ... nhip1x7GfQ . It has some very good (but rather long) highlights videos with some very good rallies. :topspin:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next