OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 19:00 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-D
BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
I tried to convert my dutch ELO rating to USATT but you read different things.
Dutch + 400
German TTR + 350 ...

I think I would be around 1450/1500 USATT. So not very good but you get the idea off my level.

Setup: Stiga Cybershape Wood / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-D / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019, 06:40 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
GarField000 wrote:
Second day was more off tactic/match situations.

Nice post. :up: You're making me curious about the tactic/match situations. Care to share some gained knowledge about those?

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 01:00 

It was table specific.
That means he asked what my gameplay was and what I want to achieve.

In my case I had a few questions.
Like: I get a topspin on my LP and I chopblock .... the opponent pushes it back.
So we did 10 balls where I just (chop)block again, and 10 balls where I more attack the ball.
What feels best for me and what give best result .... It has much more backspin as I expected.

Or I get a long dead serve on my LP. Can I place the ball far on his FH and he will topspin (most to the other FH)
so I can twiddle so the topspin will land in my LP? Or should I keep it short.

What to do with higher balls on my LP BH?

So he made excersis and we could testplay it.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 08:00 

It was a bit busy so didn't have time to update my blog.

Last tuesday I first played a match versus a guy 2 competition levels higher than me.
He plays with Short Pips. I easy won the first match. Then I played a player i don't know .. but he had no idea what LP do or what to do against.
he played weird spinny serves on my LP, and he got weird wobly balls back and didn't know what to do.
It was easy for me to win from me.

Then I played a player who is a little better than me ... before hte weekend he could easy win from me.
Now he did have more difficulites, but still won from me. I made to much errors on the long serves on my LP, and made to many error with my FH attack balls.

Then I played again to the first player who is much better than me .... and we did another match. This time it was a closer match ... but still I won.

This tuesday I will setup a ballshooting machine. Talked with a trainer and he will explain to me how it works and how to set it up.
THen I will practise a lot on long balls on the LP.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2019, 17:52 

After some evenings off practise and play .........
I am hooked on my Andro Ligna ALL+. The feeling is awesome .....
When hitting my normal fh rubber I can really 'feel' that i can place the ball where I want ......
If I play fast and hard it's less about the feel but the control is awesome.

The LP is a different story ........
Still can't decide what LP I like more.
Grass D.Tecs or Dr.N Viper .. both with 0.5 sponge.
The viper is way slower. Close to the table I can really control how short or long I can hit the ball. I can put a fast long serve short over the net where the second bounce will be on the table. With the D.Tecs it's hard to get the ball short over the net .... because the bouncy LP rubber ........
With fast topspin balls I can chopblock better with the viper .. the d.tecs is always long and hard but both rubbers I can control .... the viper is just much slower. Sometimes this is a good thing ... but I do like it when they topspin and it comes back quick so they have to react sooner ....

The balls with more power/pressure are much easier/better with the d.tecs. So when they spin and I chopblock it back they push ...... then I have to put presure and make a more attacking stroke ....... with dtecs this is much easier because the speed off the lp rubber .....

So I am in full split mind here ......
I think I stick with the D.Tecs and put my mind ad ease ............
This rubber has been here for a long time and will stay here ....
With all the Dr.N rubbers Viper might not be produced anymore ......

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2019, 23:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
GarField000 wrote:
After some evenings off practise and play .........
I am hooked on my Andro Ligna ALL+. The feeling is awesome .....
When hitting my normal fh rubber I can really 'feel' that i can place the ball where I want ......
If I play fast and hard it's less about the feel but the control is awesome.

The LP is a different story ........
Still can't decide what LP I like more.
Grass D.Tecs or Dr.N Viper .. both with 0.5 sponge.
The viper is way slower. Close to the table I can really control how short or long I can hit the ball. I can put a fast long serve short over the net where the second bounce will be on the table. With the D.Tecs it's hard to get the ball short over the net .... because the bouncy LP rubber ........
With fast topspin balls I can chopblock better with the viper .. the d.tecs is always long and hard but both rubbers I can control .... the viper is just much slower. Sometimes this is a good thing ... but I do like it when they topspin and it comes back quick so they have to react sooner ....

The balls with more power/pressure are much easier/better with the d.tecs. So when they spin and I chopblock it back they push ...... then I have to put presure and make a more attacking stroke ....... with dtecs this is much easier because the speed off the lp rubber .....

So I am in full split mind here ......
I think I stick with the D.Tecs and put my mind ad ease ............
This rubber has been here for a long time and will stay here ....
With all the Dr.N rubbers Viper might not be produced anymore ......

I think you are right in that you need to pick ONE and stay with it, since the play with each is so different. I would say you will save money with a non-Dr. N rubber, but d tecs is certainly more pricey than most.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2019, 03:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
GarField000 wrote:
Long Pip Trainings weekend.
From Sebastian Sauer (Sauer & Troger)

We first started with some basic technics for short balls with no spin.
He explained you do not have to do/learn ALL strokes. Pick the ones you play (or in my case what I think I wanna play :D). So I practised the sideswide and the more agresive placed ball (movement foreward). Also some chopblocks above the table to keep the short en to the sides. In all cases hit the ball as early as possible. with the side swide start moving sideways before you hit the ball, not when you hit the ball and then swipe because you need the pimples to do their work.
We had some excersises with different opponents.

Then we learned a topspin with the LP. Not to use it often, but for the surprise. When ball comes with backspin these are much easier.

Then we learned the blockchop when topsin balls come. O man I love this one. I got 45 min. private session with the second trainer that was with him ... and he kept spinning on my LP and I could return many with chopblock. Awesome stroke ... this one is favorite for me.

During the day we learned many strokes and variations. But again .. practise the strokes you want to use. It's beter to play 2/3 strokes very good, then 7 just a bit because you make to many mistakes. What I found important is the movements are short. No long strokes as you will hit the balls on different spots so the ball behaves different.

What's important in any tt game ... change speeds en spins with your strokes.
If you have a perfect topspin, but you do it 100% the same every time people will adjust. So you must change it .....

Second day was more off tactic/match situations.

I really learned a lot this weekend. Now I have 3 months to practise ........
But .... for now I am having a lot off fun and have more pleasure in playing tt again.

In july I have 2 summer tournaments and in august 3 off them. They are individual tournaments, but you get points in everyone off them. After the 5 the points are totalled and there will be a best top 3 and get a special price.
In august also the tournaments start for age 40+ :D. Every other sunday (so sunday tournament, next sunday not, sunday tournament etc).
Tuesday will be the trainingday where we meet at the club.

October will start competition again ...... then I must be ready for it.
I never played this many after the competiton that ended in May ... PD

I forgot about the long dead serves to the LP. This one still is the weakest spot for LP players. But play the balls quick from the bounce and try change placement. Maybe sometimes walk around and play with your FH, or twiddle (if you can) and play with your inverted on the BH.

BTW: I now use the Andro Ligna ALL+ with Hurricane 8 and Grass D.Tecs. Also tried 0x in the weekend but that does not fit my playing style.
The viper is ok .. but I have just a little better feeling with the d.tecs. But I won't sell it :D ... maybe after the summer I can try and play a few games with it and see how it feels then.

This looks life a fabulous opportunity. I wish I had access to something like this camp. You are very fortunate.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2019, 23:00 

After some thoughts on what would be my best bet .....
I decided to go for the Dr. N / Viper. Most play is defensive so that is more important then the attack ball once in a while. I will have to learn to do that also with this rubber ......

I tried to remove the rubber from my 'old' frame and glue it to the new frame ..... But when I start the spounge sticks to the frame ... So i'll keep that one as a reserve (bat) and buy a new LP for the new frame.

Sunday I had a big tournament. As I decided I got for the Viper I used my old frame.
I started in a 5 person poule so 4 matches. One person was VERY weak ... just return the ball and it was done.
Second match was a bit harder but mainly because it wasn't an attacker. but I won. So I started to get good hopes (first 2 continue to knockout stages). But the young guy I had to play next was very good. He did know how to handle long pips. So I lost .. played well but he was just much better than me.
Last match was my shot ..... It was a very exciting intense match .... I lot 11-8 in the last set .......
After that I heard he played 2 leages higher than me ...... crap if I had know that ... Then I would have taken more risk with my FH .. now I played to save.
But all in all it was an ok tournament .. didn't go to the knockouts but learned a lot again.
Still difficult to estimate spin on some balls and handle occordingly.

1 1/2 week to go for the summer championships.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2019, 01:23 

Last friday I had my first 'summercompetition' tournament.
In my poule I won 3 and lost 1. The guy I lost from lost from someone else so we both got 3 wins. But because he won from me he get's first and I get second. This will go on for 4 more tournaments .. you get points for you place in the poule, and you get bonus points for winning from a higer ELO player.

In my poule I had 1 player that was close to my level. The other 2 where much higer ... one ven 300 points.
I'm getting better every match/training with the LP. The Viper was correct call for me.
Special versus better players it's better as I can do my thing.
Versus the other player it was harder. First set I won 11-0. Then he played with less and less spin and in the end only ball with no spin. That was hard. I did win 11-9 and 12-10 but it was close. And less fun :D

I getting the hang off it to play with different kind of spin/speeds .....
I did make a few attacks with the LP but 2 out off the 6 times it was a miss from me. So I have to work on that. And don't do it to often as they get used to it. If you now make a 'topspin' ball they think it has spin but it doesn't to the ball ends up in the net.

Still have a lot off joy playing with LP.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2019, 21:51 

The more I play with it, the more I can 'use' it.
Long serves on my LP are getting easier to return harder ....
Estimate amount off spin is getting better.

For the summercompetition I now am ranked 5 (out off 64) with 3 evenings to go.

But I still must concentrate good to return the appropiate balls .......

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2023, 22:50 

I see I never finished the journey here.
After this I played a full year (2 seasons) with the LP.
The first season I played 100% in one competition, and 78% in the second.
The second season I was 100% on both competitions ... but it was cut short because covid.

After those seasons I quit with the LP because I was to impatient sometimes if people did not attack.
I started attacking and made many mistakes. After 1 1/2 year of no play i just picked up my old normal bat.

I did good with these as well. But after looking at the match during Singapoure Smash with Manika Batra and Linda Bergstrom it started again.
Why did I stop. How stupid was that. I was on a good way.

So I got me a LP bat again. Well I only changed the BH rubber (now going for BH pimples).
I now got the 0x grass d.tecs.

I played a few balls with it yesterday and I must say ... it wasn't that good. Returns where way to high. I must practise a lot again.
And is 0x the best option for me? Of should I get a different one.
I read that the SpinLord Sternenfall OX is a better one for attacking. I do need to know I can attack with it.

But will give this a good try first.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2023, 20:29 

IMHO the Dtechs ox is the best rubber for my close to the table blocking pushing game.
Attacking with it is more difficult. It may be worth trying the rubber with a thin sponge.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2023, 20:30 

I used to play with 0.5 sponge.
I want to play with fast push. And if there is a lot off backspin I want to be able to make it more off an attack like.
Like how Batra plays with it .. although she is amazing with these paddleturns :).

But I need practise for sure. We have a robot in our club so I want to use this for a few hours to try and test some things.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2023, 20:18 

I was looking for a good LP for attacking.
I found SpinLord Sternenfall was a good option.
I was talking with a clubmember and he tried one and said that for close table block/push it's very good but he thought spinreversal was less.

We will meet soon so I can test it. But he has the SpinLord Sternenfall PRO version whatever that means. He has it on a Spinlord frame, first strike II with a tacky forehand rubber. something from friendship. We will see ... first I have matches next week and not using the pips because I have to practise more :).

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2023, 21:21 

Yesterday I had training and some fun games with the Andro / D.tecs combo.
I always played with sponge so it was very different to play with ox.

I am trying to push the balls faster when backspin is returned.
I must my strokes a bit better as well because sometimes it went up in the air fast.

Not completely sure about the d.tecs ... can't put my finger on it. Could just be the ox as well.
Tomorrow testplay the spinlord combo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next