OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2020, 07:16 

The nationals was probably the last tournament for a long time. At least it was a fun tournament with great playing conditions.

First day we played teams. Won the first round fairly easy and then got the top seeds in the next round. No chance, but fun playing good players. Second day started a bit slow. Lost first round in mix double with a below par performance. The doubles went better, we won round 1 before losing against the eventual finalists in the deciding set. It was their first match of the day and they took some time getting used to our playing style (one long pip chopper and one short pip blocker). After exiting doubles I was properly warmed up for singles and played well in the group stage. Won one match and advanced to the main draw. Next match was against a group winner that I played just one week before in the leagues. Managed to barely win it this time too. In the next round I lost to a top 10 player. Played well, but didn't really have a chance as my defense isn't consistent enough and chops not enough quality to stop strong attacks.

Highlights

My blog

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 23:11 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
The competition has now been officially postponed.

NEWS

March 26, 2020
With the spread of COVID-19 across different parts of the world, the WVC2020, originally scheduled for 8-14 June in Bordeaux, France, have been officially postponed.

The local organising committee has been working closely with the Fédération Française de Tennis de Table (FFTT) and Swaythling Club International (SCI) in recent weeks.
The decision to postpone the event was made with the health and safety of players, officials and fans as the top priority.

The local organising committee will advise on a new date in due course.

http://www.wvc2020.com/home/news/?lang=en

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 23:27 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Not surprised, obviously, but still mildly disappointed. On a plus side, it gives an extra year to train :) .

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020, 07:07 

Blog title updated ;( But yeah it was expected and guess we are getting used to everything being cancelled by now so not too disappointed.

Heard from someone in the know that they are considering postponing until end of October this year and currently awaiting ITTFs decision on what will happen with the other big tournaments.

My blog

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2020, 23:37 

Three weeks without table tennis. Its not easy replacing all that training, but the current mix of running, strength and some stretching is working ok and I'll be adding more table tennis specific mobility exercises.

Finished editing the video from our match against the top team in the league. We were playing great and five of the matches went to the deciding set. But somehow we ended up loosing all of them and the match 2-8.

My blog

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2020, 20:50 

Blade: Victas Koji Offensive
FH: Hurricane 3 neo 2.1 black
BH: Victas P1V 1.5 red
How do you like VKMO?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2020, 02:33 

PAVEXDPL wrote:
How do you like VKMO?

Been a while since I used it, except as a backup when the Yutu Muramatsu broke. As far as I can remember it feels similar to Yuto which I like.

Short summary of the blades I have used as a defender:
Defplay Senso: Light, Too slow and flexible
VKM: Good control but a bit slow, medium flex.
VMKO: A bit faster and less flex than VKM
Yuto: Similar feel to VKMO, blade surface peels less than the VKMO, but that might also have been because of better sealing.
Stiga Defensive Pro: Pretty good, but something with the sound I didn't like and the handle is rough
Joo: Too heavy and stiff.

My blog

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2020, 03:22 

Blade: Victas Koji Offensive
FH: Hurricane 3 neo 2.1 black
BH: Victas P1V 1.5 red
magnuseffect wrote:
PAVEXDPL wrote:
How do you like VKMO?

Been a while since I used it, except as a backup when the Yutu Muramatsu broke. As far as I can remember it feels similar to Yuto which I like.

Short summary of the blades I have used as a defender:
Defplay Senso: Light, Too slow and flexible
VKM: Good control but a bit slow, medium flex.
VMKO: A bit faster and less flex than VKM
Yuto: Similar feel to VKMO, blade surface peels less than the VKMO, but that might also have been because of better sealing.
Stiga Defensive Pro: Pretty good, but something with the sound I didn't like and the handle is rough
Joo: Too heavy and stiff.[/quote

Thanks, I'm going to buy VKMO, I'm an intermediate chopper.]

Post subject: Re: Road to Cardiff 2022
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2021, 02:18 

It's a new year and about time to update the blog.

The World Veterans 2021 was canceled as you might expect so have to change the blog title again. Checking the veterans calendar (https://www.ittf.com/2022-veterans-inte ... -calendar/) the next European Championships is scheduled for Cardiff in 2022 so let's try that.

A lot has happened since my last post. The initial lockdown of table tennis lasted a few months before we were allowed to train again. A few smaller tournaments were organized during the summer and autumn, before a gradual shutdown of tournaments, league play, and finally training for most players, with some exceptions.

Here are some tournament highlights:

And some of the best points from the league games:

Last year a top player recommended switching to Dignics 09C. Having unsuccessfully tried Tenergy 05 hard I was skeptical of changing to a harder sponge. However, D09C was nothing like T05H and has a much higher throw angle. I find it's good for almost everything, even chopping.

Compared to Tenergy 05 I would say the improvements are in service, short game, counter looping, and control when blocking. The only drawback I've noticed so far is a bit less pace on the ball, but most of the time that is no big deal.

My blog

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2021, 07:04 

Norway was just awarded the European Championship for Veterans 2023! This makes a perfect long term goal so I changed the blog title again. Hope to see some of you there. Here is the announcement https://www.ettu.org/en/n/news/2021/february/sandefjord-has-been-awarded-the-2023-evc/

The championship will be played in the same venue (https://oslofjord.com/en/) as last years nationals (highlights here https://youtu.be/pZN7anwGxIc) although with more arenas and tables.

My blog

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2021, 22:08 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
magnuseffect wrote:
Norway was just awarded the European Championship for Veterans 2023! This makes a perfect long term goal so I changed the blog title again.

This is good news. I'll try to volunteer again, although my French language skills will be less useful.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2021, 22:56 

darucla wrote:
This is good news. I'll try to volunteer again, although my French language skills will be less useful.

Great! I heard that they are already receiving requests about joining as a volunteer.

Interesting things happening these days. In Sweden the pro-series just started: https://www.svenskbordtennis.com/Nyheter/Pingisnytt/proseriesonsdag/ and the Norwegian federation cryptically writes on its web site that it next Wednesday will make a "Presentation of a project that will delight everyone in table tennis family and many others! "

My blog

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2021, 04:51 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Oh wow I'm so glad I stumbled on this blog. Your game looks so so nice to watch.

I honestly wish I could play like you. Did you always use 1mm sponge and P1r? Or did you start off with thinner sponge.
Watching people like you always always ALWAYS (cannot help it) temps me to try again more suitable chopping LPs and sponge but when I watch myself play I just don't have the technique or skill to pull it off.
Do you know of any people in your league who play similar to you except with low friction LPs OX/0.5?

I've subscribed to your channel if I get the chance tonight I'm going to binge watch all vids. Thanks for all the uploads!

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2021, 17:33 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
So I watched most of the vids (I think 4 left). Your hook shots are incredible!

I wanted to ask about how you train your FH for mid distance, do you do anything specific? Or just the regular loop to loop kinda thing

Reason I ask is coz I find it quite difficult to do a drill that we can keep consistent and actually get to the shot I want to practice lol. I don't have regular training partners and the people I play with their skill lvls vary greatly. I have 1 or 2 people I can do drills with but I only get to do it maybe twice a month. So wondering if there are any really good efficient drills I could do.

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2021, 06:35 

Ndragon wrote:
Oh wow I'm so glad I stumbled on this blog. Your game looks so so nice to watch.

I honestly wish I could play like you. Did you always use 1mm sponge and P1r? Or did you start off with thinner sponge.
Watching people like you always always ALWAYS (cannot help it) temps me to try again more suitable chopping LPs and sponge but when I watch myself play I just don't have the technique or skill to pull it off.
Do you know of any people in your league who play similar to you except with low friction LPs OX/0.5?

I've subscribed to your channel if I get the chance tonight I'm going to binge watch all vids. Thanks for all the uploads!

Thanks for the sub and nice comments! I used to play with 0.5mm P1-r. Wrote something about why I switched from 1.0 to 0.5 in this thread: https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26549. But then around 4 years ago I switched back. It was mainly because i kept popping up my pushes vs push with the 0.5mm,

There are few choppers here in Norway, only one other in the league, using long pimples but not thin sponged or ox. Examples of thin/ox pimple choppers that comes to mind are swedish choppers Gustaf Ericsson and Thomas Bennborn. You probably seen their videos already.

My blog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next