OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2021, 18:42 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Yh the first guy had good serves vs pips and was comfortable looping a long push, killing the weak pushes.

Might be a good idea (if you're comfortable to ask) to ask him if he wouldn't mind serving to you for 30mins

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2021, 19:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Ndragon wrote:
Yh the first guy had good serves vs pips and was comfortable looping a long push, killing the weak pushes.

Might be a good idea (if you're comfortable to ask) to ask him if he wouldn't mind serving to you for 30mins
Actually I asked him just that but we only had a few minutes after those sets before I was to play another opponent :). But we practice together almost every week so I will have him serve me those ones later.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2021, 22:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Just bought a few pips to try (most of them are used): 563-1, K.O. Killer, Killer soft, Tibhar Speedy soft. I think all are in 1.5 mm. Some will be good on my DHS 08X, some are more for my ReImpact LeGeant.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2021, 18:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Simce the last leaguematch (a month ago) I have not been using anti on BH. I got so fed up with it - I had a horrible day that day, so my playing was far below my regular standard and I just got sooo tired of anti on BH. So, I just made sure I had an anti setup that could work with anti and thst was still good for my FH - I glued my anti to a Stiga Clipper as a back up plan. It worked ok. Then I put that bat back into the bag and started to use my DHS 08X instead, with 802 on BH. And I did not look back.

Since then I have been trying some other pips, mostly because 802 is a little too fast for chopping, at least with that blade. I tried Tibhar Speedy Soft 1.0 mm - nice for blocking, chopping and also pushing but I had troubles with low and no spin serves, or attacking back spin. In 1.5 mm it would probably work. I also tried Neubauer Killer soft 1.5 mm. Nice for scary blocks, but not so good in safe play or chopping (little fast there, and not enough grip). I felt that the disruption did not motivate the lack of control.

So, a week ago I had still not decided what sp I should use, and I had a league match yesterday. But I had been thinking about Spinlord Degu, mosly because of this fellow: https://youtu.be/ABirKSFaaJ4

So I got a Degu II in 1.5 mm, and I only had two training sessions, Wednesday and Friday, before the league match. Degu is not very similar to the other SP's I tried. I will write more about that later. It is safe, controlled, some grip at low impact, and nice to chop with. Also, it is rather easy to block and attack with, but there is very little sink effect. But it causes lots of troubles for the opponent anyway.

I actually could play at the same level with this setup as with anti, after only a month of transition and only two practice sessions with this specific rubber. I won one against a clearly higher ranked, lost on 11-9 in deciding to one slightly higher ranked and lost two matches to two younger clearly higher ranked. The whole team lost both team matches, we were on player short due to illness :(.

More on this later, but I am very satisfied with the setup for now! Table tennis is soo much fun when both FH and BH works :)

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2021, 21:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
vid is great .which guy is using degu.
& best of luck on ya new setup

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2021, 21:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
vid is great .which guy is using degu.
& best of luck on ya new setup

Thanks!

The long range defender (the one with footwork) is using Degu (not Degu II) on a Joo Se Hyuk or Diode.
Here is another video: https://youtu.be/NfAAmrokWSQ

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2021, 10:09 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
I don't know where to post this message, but is Marcus still using the SG attack with The Wall carbon ? If not what is he currently using ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2021, 20:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
I don't know where to post this message, but is Marcus still using the SG attack with The Wall carbon ? If not what is he currently using ?
He uses that anti and he has the Wall (not carbon) as a back up blade. But his main blade is now an old TSP balsa fitter def 2.5. It has not been in production for a long time. Stiga Def pro is also rather ok with that anti.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 05:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Multiball drill today! Felt good. Chopping with Degu is better, perhaps because the rubber is better worn now?
https://youtu.be/uCSLD5109YE

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 04:27 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
How are you liking the Jupiter? What's it like? Always looking for a friendlier...faster version of H3.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 20:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Another clip from the same session as above:
https://youtu.be/wLAs_cMGijw

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 20:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Japsican wrote:
How are you liking the Jupiter? What's it like? Always looking for a friendlier...faster version of H3.
Jupiter 2 is more euro than H3, with a softer top sheet that is slightly tacky (can lift the ball) and a sponge that is probably a little faster than H3. It is controlled but still nice spin. It comes in soft, 38, 40 and hard I believe. After a while I may put a layer of Falco long on it but the one I have now is not boosted.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2022, 00:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I have been using the DHS 08X blade with the slow and grippy short pip Victas Spinpips P3 on BH and Yinhe Jupiter II on FH up until a mpnth ago. The combo is nice for a modeern defensive game or for blocking at the table. You can change the spin very well with this short pip and also create massive back spin on chops. But my FH never got setteled with this combo, it got worse. A month ago I just had to do something. I tried H3, I boosted the Juppiter 2 but I just could not play FH away from the table as good as I needed. Also, I flet thaqt going back to more defensive style was not vey good for me, I felt very clumsy and slow. I just was not that comfy away from the table anymore, at least not against those opponents I usually face at my level. BH worked rather good thoug, but I noticed I was better when I focused on more of a blocking game closer to the table. And for that style there are many better setups.

So I tried my Re-Impact Le Géant that I had ordered a few months earlier (I was going to save it for the after-league-fun-period in April). I had tried it very briefly and only with Yinhe Jupiter II on FH. This time I had an old Yazaka Rakza 7 soft in 2.0 mm on FH, and I had an old Sauer & Tröger short pip Zargus in 1.5 mm on BH. This was an instant hit. This blade is built for me and it fits very nice in many aspects. But with the Jupiter it was like any other blade. With Rakza it was way beter and more lively, but also very controlled. After just an hour with this setup I decided it fitted my game better than DHS 08X with Jupiter II and Spinpips, so I decided to use in in the next league match only a week away. But I caught a cold (not covid) so I had no more training with it and I was not able to play any league games that weekend (10 days ago).

My team lost both matches and we are in a bad position in the league now. We really need to win a few of the 4 remaining matches or we may end up in a lower league next season. So therefore I decideded to go back to frictionless anti again, just to win more matches. So I tried a few different antis on the Le Géant blade. This blade is not made for this kind of anti, but actually SuperGlanti in 0.8 mm worked rather nice, ok back spin, low arc and in some way controlled. Drills ere good, but I just felt bad when I started to play matches. I used it for a whole session. Half way into the 2nd session we were to play a few short matches and it just did not worked. I got frustrated, fed up and just wanted to get rid of the anti. I could not control it on that blae and it behaved rather different from my older setups with anti. Sometmes the ball flew off the table, sometimes straight to the net. And I need to stay close to the table for being successful in locking with anti. But here I ran into problems with my FH instead. With this blade and a rubber that is not tacky I could not loop the way I usually does when playing anti-blocking style. So I changed.

I had a new sheet of Spinlord Gepard 1,5 mm to try. I used ot for a fe drills and two sets. Blocking was nice f I was in position, then the ball had a low throw and returned fast, making it difficult for the opponent. Also, brushing the ball with top spin move was very good and it gave the ball surprisingly much rotation. But pushing was not good, and I could not generate spin with it (but I knew that was not the strong side of this rubber). So it was not for me.

The last part of the session, with a few sets and some drills, I instead used Zargus on BH. This is a very nice and allround rubber. A little like Degu but softer sponge and perhaps a little more grip on the top sheet. The speed is enough if you put some force behind your stroke, but it is a rubber with focus on control. It generates some wbbling effect and different spin can be produced with very small differences in your stroke. This makes it difficult for your opponent. And it is slow and controlled enough for chopping away from the table, even with this rather fast balsa wood from Achim! I relaly like this combination. So, this is the one I will most likely use for ending this very odd season, with only two "gatherings" (four league matches) remaining.

Oh, I also tried a Tibhar FX-S 1.8 mm on FH. But I found that too thin and slightly harder than the Rakza 7 soft 2.0 mm. I put most of my loops to the net or too long, I needed more arc. So I went back to the 2.0 mm Rakza soft again.

I will write more about this blade later, I still need to use it more hours before I can describe it. But it has a nice feeling, lots of control on low impact, lots of speed when you hit with an opend bat but you can also generate a massive topspin with some extra wrist movement (and if you hit the ball at the top of the blade). It is not very flexable (perfect for me) but rather slow on low impact. the BH side is more controlled and dampened, it does not have much catapult. But it can still be pretty fast if you put some force to your stroke.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2022, 06:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Thanks for the update.Interesting that you mention going back to a combo to win matches for the team.
How about going back to the combo that got you to the best level a while back?.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2022, 18:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

peterpong wrote:
Thanks for the update.Interesting that you mention going back to a combo to win matches for the team.
How about going back to the combo that got you to the best level a while back?.
Well, I really don't know what combo would work well. I am probably about at the same level, except for that I am physically less well trained for the moment. And those opponents I am about to face are now used to playing against my anti.

It was not like I had a great combo that led me to higher ranking and that I threw that away... There were always a few problems with every setup (you can't have it all).

But the most important is that I am, at least for the moment, tired of playing with frictionless anti, tired of stopping the momentum as soon as the opponent places the ball to my BH. If I could I would twiddle a little more in matches, but that is just too difficult for me. Another path is to go to an anti with better attacking possibilities but that would require a completely new gameplan. And with short pips I play about the same as I would with a more offensive oriented anti.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next