OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 May 2023, 20:34 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Hi everyone I start this journal to commit myself to becoming a better table tennis player. I’m hoping to break the provincial level next season and play on a national level the season. I was close this year, but just didn’t get there.
I started playing table tennis again in 2020 after being away from the game for 25 years. I played pretty serious as a kid (15 hours training a week) from my 6 till my 11. But it was too much and I quit. After a series of unsuccessful back surgeries, physiotherapy and eventually a successful operation, I need to keep moving and since TT is the only sport I like and am good at. The choice was an easy one.
My first season of competition 21-22 was a good one. I played in the 3th regional division and gained about 500 points in rating (a lot in Belgium) and went from D6 classification to C4. This season 22-23 I could play in the first and second provincial division. I started the season really well plating ABS 3. My team was second in the rankings and I was playing really well. I was heading for a C0 classification as planned. But … some of my team members quit playing, we had to constantly switch players to keep the other teams in our club in the league, we had to forfeit some matches, I had some personal issues with some of my team members, … It all reflected poorly on my playing and I started loosing some matches I shouldn’t have. Because of that I started experimenting with equipment mid-season. Also not very good for my personal level [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]. Competition has stopped for summer and I still promoted to C2 level. Next year I would like to become C0 or even B6 if possible. I switched clubs and will be playing in a good team on the first provincial level.
I also quit EJ and settled for an aggressive and disruptive short pips game (genre attack 8 or Killer). It is really what I am best at and gives me the most option to progress my game. Even tough I like playing flanti more.
I’ll be training 2 times a week during summer. I recently started paying attention to diet. I am on a protein diet to combat muscle fatigue and cramps I have. I also already lost 12 kg as a happy coincidence. I started doing some minor weight lifting and basic fitness 2 times a week to make sure I preserve as much of my muscles as possible or even grow some. I go to work each day on a electrical bike. Off coarse I’ll take some time away from the game during my personal vacation.
My goals:
• Staying healthy
• Become a better player and reach C0 classification
• Try to play national level the year after
• Sticking with aggressive, disruptive short pimple play (deciding on Killer or Attack 8 )
• Training with a coach at least once a week

Till next time
Pieter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 10 May 2023, 12:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow, sounds like you're doing all the right things to improve a lot... looking forwards to hear about your progress! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 10 May 2023, 16:48 

Thanks for sharing, Pieter!

Will be interesting to hear how it goes with the training! Know the feeling of experimenting with equipment when not getting desired results :) Short pips and flanti seems like quite a big difference in playing style.

What categories would you say play at the national level in Belgium? Is it around B6 and better?

My blog

PostPosted: 10 May 2023, 17:55 

magnuseffect wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Pieter!

Will be interesting to hear how it goes with the training! Know the feeling of experimenting with equipment when not getting desired results :) Short pips and flanti seems like quite a big difference in playing style.

What categories would you say play at the national level in Belgium? Is it around B6 and better?
Well we have 3 national levels (new before it was only 2) and 1 Flemmish level and then all provincial levels.

The good C0 players play at flemmish level. The normal ones in First provincial level. 3th national level is B4 and B6.

I'll be very happy as a good C0 player in flemmish level. But my goal is to beat my dad who was a B6 player in 3th national in his prime :) (Before there was a flemmish level)

PostPosted: 24 May 2023, 01:39 

I decided my goals for improvement this off season.

Working on:
Banana flick with the short pimples. Especially fast recovery.

FH flick. One of my weak points.

Short serves

Attacking the sides of the table instead of the corner

If you have some good/cool drills for this.
Pleas letle know!