OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 00:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Hi I'm Reb and its 268 days since my last blog...but I'm afraid to say I'm falling off the wagon. :lol:

Last Thursday my teammate Shaun and I won the A2 final and it was perhaps the most exciting final in a long time. We had been in A1 for 3 seasons prior actually and you just don't make finals there, so maybe it was exciting just to make one lol.

Anyway it went like this....we lost the first 2 matches and our hopes of winning the final were going down the drain. Shaun lost the first 2 sets of the 3rd match. 2 more sets and we were done. But he clambered to be 3-2 up and 10-7 up in the 6th (best of 7s). He let his opponent back in to deuce and went onto to lose 17-15. So my heart rate elevated to extreme but when he won 11-8 in the 7th a crack appeared in the glimmer of hope that was left.

I wasn't about to let this hope wash away. So in the next match I bolstered myself to being made of steel. Took the 1st set 11-5. My 2 wing looping opponents resolve lifted and from my 10-8 up in the 2nd he grabbed deuce. I managed to hold out to 12-10. In the 3rd set it was he who was 10-8 up. I knew if I let him lift confidence I might not reel him back in. I pulled it back to deuce this time and ran away 12-10 again. Shaun was scoring and I said I preferred the 11-5 to these heart attack deuece games. So in the next set I produced 11-5 again.

Final was all tied up 2 apiece.

Doubles started well for us grabbing the first two sets albeit from behind in both. Then the opposition determination kicked in and they ran over us in the next 2 sets and into the third where they were 8-2 up. Somehownwe pegged that set back to deuce and won it 15-13....that was HUGE. We ran away with 11-6 in the 6th set and never had to see who would withstand the pressure of a 7th set....there'd been enough excitement for one night! :rock:

So we should be back in A1 next season again where we get beaten more than anything and I'll probably go back to bloggers anonymous again and kick my old addiction once more. :?: :D

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 07:51 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Welcome back Reb. Don't be so distant. I am sure we can all benefit from your blog addiction.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 09:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome back Reb! :rock: :rock: :rock: What a great win!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:14 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Sounds like a joker could like that life... :D

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2019, 00:15 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Der_Echte wrote:
Sounds like a joker could like that life... :D

8) 8)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2019, 04:56 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I have to make a brief notation here from tonight's TT. After winning the A2 premiership we found ourselves back in A1 tonight as expected. The team we faced tonight was a lady and a guy.I knew them both but had never played the lady before. She was fiercely consistent and very experienced. I played her first and while the sets were close I felt she controlled the match. I managed to take a set off her in the 4th, but she beat me 4-1.

The guy is a very accomplished player too, in fact they both have represented Victoria many times in National Vets. He has beaten the great Brian Berry...one of Victoria's greatest ever Vets and coach on at least 2 occasions. So it was no surprise he buried my teammate 4-0.

The lady then lost to my partner 4-2. My partner had injured his arm muscle earlier in the week and couldn't reach to his fh side or mount any fh attacks but he beat her mainly with serves and blocking.

I then played the guy and he reckons I've taken him to 7 sets before but my recollection is he's beaten me 4-0 a few times lol...we haven't played more than 2 or 3 times before. So I get a great start and win the 1st set 11-6. He starts powering fh loops through me in the 2nd set but I hold my own and after being down take it 12-10. 2 sets on this guy is impressive to myself lol. In the 3rd set he runs away and after being 7-1 down I recoup 11-6 but figure he now has my number. He does a similar number on me in the 4th but I carry a better game earlier this time, still beaten 11-8. I'm expecting to be run over in the 5th but things just run my way and I'm 10-3 up on him. I serve and he catches the ball. I think he'll claim a let but instead he says I'm not going to catch 7 points...its your set. I was a little bewildered but I figure this is a bit of gamesmanship he wants to take into the 6th set. And it works, he breaks out a 7-2 lead on me. My thoughts by now were...well I'm taking this guy to 7 sets...no shame in that. But I find my juju switches back on and I rattle him a bit with a fh block back through from one his his fh loops and a few mistimed BH shots he misses. I get back to 8 all, then 9-8 to him, then 9 all. I win the next 2 points in a blaze of glory and we're shaking hands while this all seems surreally unreal to me. This is right up there with probably the best 3 or 4 wins of my TT career...and I doubt any of those other guys have beaten Brian Berry, even once ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94