OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Feb 2020, 21:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 07:15 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1 1.8mm
BH: Nittaku Fastarc S-1 1.8mm
Here is some footage from yesterday.

https://youtu.be/DRErbcd2ruM

First and foremost, a big thank you to Brett for coming up with the chopblock exercise! It was necessary for me to break my previous pattern. There was some progress and some regression (only temporarily, I hope). Initially, I only use my arm for the slight chopblock. Then, I remember that I am supposed to do the two-step process, but I do it incorrectly. In fact, I am bowing down while hitting the ball. Towards the end, I seem to rectify that mistake on some balls.

After the chopblock exercise, I practiced the usual blocking against FH topspin. The two-step process was implemented better than during the chopblock exercise. When I am in position I hit a fairly flat block (imo). In contrast, when I am out of position, I tend to come over the ball (imo).

https://youtu.be/anPj0Sx3BZU

Last edited by chopblock on 15 Feb 2020, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 07:35 

chopblock wrote:

First and foremost, a big thank you to Brett for coming up with the chopblock exercise! It was necessary for me to break my previous pattern. There was some progress and some regression (only temporarily, I hope). Initially, I only use my arm for the slight chopblock. Then, I remember that I am supposed to do the two-step process, but I do it incorrectly. In fact, I am bowing down while hitting the ball. Towards the end, I seem to rectify that mistake and some balls.

After the chopblock exercise, I practiced the usual blocking against FH topspin. The two-step process was implemented better than during the chopblock exercise. When I am in position I hit a fairly flat block (imo). In contrast, when I am out of position, I tend to come over the ball (imo).

Wow.. what a difference already, very nice work.

@NL Thanks, I had some good wins and losses this season I now wished I had recorded for review. I have been a bit stuck in progress I feel and took some breaks, but I enjoy practicing again and that's whats most important.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 01:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

chopblock wrote:

First and foremost, a big thank you to Brett for coming up with the chopblock exercise! It was necessary for me to break my previous pattern. There was some progress and some regression (only temporarily, I hope). Initially, I only use my arm for the slight chopblock. Then, I remember that I am supposed to do the two-step process, but I do it incorrectly. In fact, I am bowing down while hitting the ball. Towards the end, I seem to rectify that mistake on some balls.

Hey chopblock

That's exactly how you are going to get there. Use the 2 steps and work with LTT69.

I was super impressed when fastmover gave you the 2 step advice, however, I knew it wouldn't completely solve your issues. You needed a fresh range of experience to create some new pathways. Now you should be able to navigate your way through. You stumbled at first by messing up the 2 steps, and then you worked it out for yourself.

It took me about 25 years to workout LTT69 and a few more on top of that to understand the relevance of the 2 steps, making me a sloth-like genius...or a complete fool!

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 03:29 
Super User

Blade: Stiga Intensity NCT
FH: Hard German Junk
BH: Soft German Junk
Brett Clarke wrote:
It took me about 25 years to workout LTT69 and a few more on top of that to understand the relevance of the 2 steps, making me a sloth-like genius...or a complete fool!

You can probably comfort yourself by the fact that there are numerous people out there doing it for far longer but still could not figure it out.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 07:46 
Super User

Blade: Stiga Intensity NCT
FH: Hard German Junk
BH: Soft German Junk
BTW, do you guys remember Brett's shadow swing challenge?

There is a serious contender!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420