OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2023, 21:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
@Ms Hayne.....with all due respect ,there are NOT any extra, extra , extra large commercial topsheets for sale so you can use in any mega oversized custom blade ;(

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2023, 02:33 
More Block Than Bite

Examples of fast/stiff blades that can be used for defensive/block with pip please?[/quote]
TareqPhoto wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
Fast pip for blocking= slow,stiff blade.
Slow pip for blocking= fast, stiff blade.

Examples of slow pips for blocking please???

Examples of fast/stiff blades that can be used for defensive/block with pip please?

Dornenglanz and Hellfire X are slower LPs for blocking

I'll let others post about the fast/stiff blade as I use mainly slower blades for the control. Still get a fair amount of reversal with DG on a slower blade. Maybe check out Dr Neubauer blades.

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2023, 23:46 

Blade: DHS Fang Bo carbon
FH: Xiom Omega 7 china guang
BH: Butterfly Feint Long 3
I'm a modern defender and started playing with diode v, pretty much I liked it but after a while my level became higher and I wanted more attack possibilities so I switched to DHS 08x which was an oversized off- 5+2 which was still designed with chopping in mind so it was good for attacking but I felt like it could be better.
So after the first part of season I switched to DHS Fang Bo carbon which is an Off + 5+2 blade (Fang Bo used it for a while so let's just say that it's not that slow) and I stuck with it, I play with a slow pip (Feint Long 3) but I had no trouble at all in chopping with the Fang Bo with faster long pips (such as Grass d tecs or brutal) or even short pips (spectol S1) and the attacking capabilities are obviously super nice since it's an attacking blade.
For comparison I've even played for a while with Donic Ovtcharov carbospeed, 3+2 off + hinoki blade which is super stiff, but even in this case had no problem in keeping the ball low on the the table and with low range of errors.
To be honest I think that more people should play defence with faster blades, as long as you have a good swing (let's say long cause with short swing the ball will probably go off).
Btw here's my channel, so that you can see how I play in game with such blades

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2023, 22:43 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-D
BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
GarField000 wrote:
I play LP short at the table. chopblock and pushes.
I had a Andro Ligan ALL+. 5ply wood. I used it with 0.5 sponge.
It was fine but not fast.

Now I have Andro Kanter FO OFF. It's with carbon. Using it with ox. (there fore I wanted faster blade)
It's faster and forehand works much better for me.

I have been playing around with other frames that fit my style.
The Kanter FO was to fast for the long pips. I tried Victas Koki Niwa 7ply wood. It was to slow for the FH.
I tried Tibhar Force Pro Black Edition .... it was to fast for BH / pips.

I finaly got my great combo with Andro Treiber FI. So fibre IN. This works great for my aggresive LP play.

Setup: Stiga Cybershape Wood / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-D / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2023, 22:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
GarField000 wrote:
GarField000 wrote:
I play LP short at the table. chopblock and pushes.
I had a Andro Ligan ALL+. 5ply wood. I used it with 0.5 sponge.
It was fine but not fast.

Now I have Andro Kanter FO OFF. It's with carbon. Using it with ox. (there fore I wanted faster blade)
It's faster and forehand works much better for me.

I have been playing around with other frames that fit my style.
The Kanter FO was to fast for the long pips. I tried Victas Koki Niwa 7ply wood. It was to slow for the FH.
I tried Tibhar Force Pro Black Edition .... it was to fast for BH / pips.

I finaly got my great combo with Andro Treiber FI. So fibre IN. This works great for my aggresive LP play.

My impressions: yasaka Falck W7-too fast for LP. I also have the Victas Koki Niwa wood. I confirm it is slow on the FH, but nice on the LP side. I am going to use it next tournament and see how it goes. I have been struggling with too fast on LP side for the last year.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2023, 22:33 

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso v3
FH: Friendship 729 Battle 2
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Donic defplay senso v3, bh red Sauer & troger hellfire x ox, fh black friendship 729 battle 2 provincial 39' 2.1 mm is my primary weapon of choice. I do have another defplay senso v3 with tibhar grass d.tecs OX and battle 2 pro too, but I rarely use this setup. Grass D.tecs is better for chop from far - it's really easy, but my friend I play with said the spin is not as heavy as hellfire x. Grass d.tecs is just too fast for me and loopers "love" it (they said it's easier to play against my grass d.tecs setup than against hellfire x). I can still get good result from chopping with hellfire within 1-2 m from the table, but I mostly use it for defense near the table.

Block with hellfire x + defplay senso is great. I have tibhar stratus power wood and dawei 388d-1 ox too. The ball is slow and the ball is wobling, slightly better than hellfire x and defplay senso, but the control and block is really good with hellfire x. You should try defplay senso v3 with hellfire x. I bet you will never regret it.

Note:
- attacking using hellfire x is great. If you ever watched the backhand smash done by Joo Hse Yook against Ma Long, yes, hellfire x can give you that too. Next, when I get the money, I will get myself another hellfire x with sponge to replace tibhar grass d.tecs since I want to able to chop away from the table too.
- battle 2 provincial 39' is better than battle 2 pro for making spin.