OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Who's point is it?
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2023, 20:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
An amazing point!!!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Who's point is it?
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2023, 16:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

OVERCOMPLICATED RULES. The devil will break his leg.

Once a time, I looked into the newly revised edition of the table tennis Rules, I wanted to find out how to legally interpret the reverse balls that jumped back over the net. Luckely, in my best prime I obtained a higher technical education to the full, so I managed to get a correct answer somehow. But an ordinary one with so-so legal faculty will never be able to. In my early heydays, the Rules had been much easer to understand, any "green brain" could easely make out what Rules say, the rules were written in understandable language.
Well, how to judge the reverse balls correctly, look into rule 2.10.1.3, it should be read this way:
— As soon as the ball has landed on your court, you must get it back to the opponent's side before the ball touches anything but the net.
We can see such a case happened here in the video clip. The Indian guy did managed to dispatch the ball to the opponent's side before it touched the table. The player has made a correct return according to rule 2.7.1. That's such a tricky logic, you can't understand unless you take a good dose of vodka. (Rusian folk idiom)

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2023, 15:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Guy in the black shirt gets the point. Very straightforward, not sure why Igor's making such a big fuss over it.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2023, 23:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Iskangar Taiib, hold your horses. I cant take your vocal opinion as absolute truth. You seem pretending to be a God's voice, looking like a clear symptome of selfish person. As being certified Judge for the sport, I only shall trust what Rules say. I need nobody else's whispers to teach me how to run my business. Dont overreach your real value, please, dont be selfish as much.

PS// Be it my own say, or anybody else's it all is worth nothing in the matter of rules unless it is supported by a specific rule provision. Yes, some wild tribes in African woods developed no written laws at all, yes, those primitives know little of table tennis rules, but yet any player of worth is required to know how the rules work in real play

Dont overreach your actual worth, please.

/followed next by part 2/

Last edited by igorponger on 06 Jun 2023, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 19:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

/part 2/
Every player ought to know Rules of the game by heart , same as God My Father holy chant.

My senior fellow used to usher me in profession as follows
- Be consinsently diligent in acquiring The Rules. Eventually, you must be able to look up a specific rule even if blindfold.
- Be aware above all, -- every decision of yours, while being on duty, would not have legitimate power unless sustained by the Rules.
Yes, self confidence, iron logic in making decision and quick eye-hand reaction are generally recognized as the most desired virtues for a good umpire / referee.
-----------
Player without good knowledge of Rules is viewed much like a casual incomer ignorant of the sport.
Thorough understanding of rules is a true sign of advanced player, to make him a great credit amongst all the clubmates;