OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 01:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I have trouble with returning penhold serves. It's bad.

I recorded a solid sample of penhold players at the US Nationals last week and made myself a video of serves. I'm watching these 2 minute videos daily. I've got video of the return ball also so I can confirm the spin of the ball (with a couple of exceptions). Pretty darn useful!

I'd like to credit the app for the idea. There is no way for me to get better experience reading serves than observing lots of them.

When I did the Grand Prix tourney in Blackpool I counted no penhold players. There might have been one but I did not see it. Come to the USA and you end up with lots of generally older players with great brush on the ball and impressive hand speed with this unusual grip.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 03:12 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Retriever wrote:
Is Table Tennis Edge - The App what the ITTF are announcing on Aug 4? We can keep a secret.

This went thru my mind as well. We need to feed the rumor mill...

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 10:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The Table Tennis Edge App is still undergoing major improvements. I'm thinking the next release may happen in a couple of weeks.

If you have any requests for the Combo section of the app, now's your chance. You'll need to be very specific with what you want though. Eg. A long fh push or flick, followed by either a bh or fh block.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 01:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The latest update will be available on Android in an hour after this post. IOS will be a couple of days. Thanks to NextLevel and BRS for testing.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 03:24 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

I think a lot of people are going to be amazed by the app.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 05:20 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Well damn Its quite hard reading the sides of table when u put it in phone format, I guess it helps ppl with reaction time with this app, nicely done.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 12:49 

The new update is phenomenal. The games are extremely fun. I was coming back from dallas today and i ended up playing 3 hours in a row on the flight. all that and i managed to get to extreme level. Extreme brett is too hard, that bh topspin is ridiculous. can't wait to unlock extreme extreme trevor and william.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 14:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Haven't done much with the app in a while. Certainly haven't updated it. Brett, some apps let you know when you open them there is an update available, and give you the option to update now. Is that possible here?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 19:47 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
big d wrote:
The new update is phenomenal. The games are extremely fun. I was coming back from dallas today and i ended up playing 3 hours in a row on the flight. all that and i managed to get to extreme level. Extreme brett is too hard, that bh topspin is ridiculous. can't wait to unlock extreme extreme trevor and william.

haha i myself downloaded the app yesterda, and din get enough sleep because of it, its very hard to read the body movements before knowing its going left or right, so i tend to look at the ball just before it flies out the bat

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 00:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 01:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

big d wrote:

Glad you're liking it Dan! Extreme Trevor and William are harder than me. I've won the cup twice now but it's a real battle.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 01:59 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Brett Clarke wrote:
big d wrote:

Glad you're liking it Dan! Extreme Trevor and William are harder than me. I've won the cup twice now but it's a real battle.

Can we get an average rally length score for the extreme? It can be annoying to lose 11 to 2 when you are missing mostay 4th shotselection and I want to take some comfort in the progress.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 08:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

IOS update is ready for Apple users. Enjoy!

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 09:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:

Can we get an average rally length score for the extreme? It can be annoying to lose 11 to 2 when you are missing mostay 4th shotselection and I want to take some comfort in the progress.

If you are missing more than half the fourth balls it's just that you are too excited and swipe early. Brett should add a timeout and towel breaks so you can calm down.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 09:18 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

BRS wrote:
NextLevel wrote:

If you are missing more than half the fourth balls it's just that you are too excited and swipe early. Brett should add a timeout and towel breaks so you can calm down.

Yes. I would have taken a timeout but I am not sure it is good practice and I am not sure it would help. I had to straight games where I scored over 8 with 2 deuces and a few match points. At some point, Trevor might turn into Wang Hao and me into Ma Long and I can't wait 6 years!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next