OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A New OOAK Ranking
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 02:33 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
As you're both so connected, is there a so_devo vs REB video in the offering? :angel:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 14:29 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Debater wrote:
As you're both so connected, is there a so_devo vs REB video in the offering? :angel:

If you pay for air tickets, put up accommodation, all expenses and TT facilities, then one of us will travel to play the other :devil: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 16:25 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Debater wrote:

If you pay for air tickets, put up accommodation, all expenses and TT facilities, then one of us will travel to play the other :devil: :lol:

I wasn't aware I was Reb. Probably just my incompetent use of tapatalk! I do follow threads sometimes, wasn't aware I followed users?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 18:23 
Blockhead
Blockhead

I'd love to play Reb by the way, and many other forum members......in no particular order and just off the top of my head Duncan, Debater, haggisv, defattack, der_echte, leatherback, bogeyhunter, pushblocker, brett, birding & tt, silver, mnnb, fadil and others spring to mind. Win lose or draw it is just interesting to meet, to get a sense of level and styles. Even with video on the net it is so hard to judge; some exceptional players look quite ordinary and vice-versa.

So far I have played
Pgpg
Nextlevel
Darkknight
Lord cope
Andrewh13
Chrisbuer

Hope to play bogeyhunter later this year when he is in London.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 21:11 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

One of the things on my "things i want to do list" is play more people from this forum and possibly interview them at the same time and then post the results on the forum - a type of video interview with table tennis as the background.

I will definitely get round to playing more people on this forum one day though. So far the only forum member I've knowingly played is Antipip. I've played Antipip twice but we never played for games or even points, just spent a couple of hours each time hitting. Somehow, playing actual matches can lead to a bit of unease, especially when you've never played anyone before and they are filming :devil:

There was an opportunity to meet up with Tat a few years ago when he came over to London, but in the UK, from Preston to London is a long way and London is expensive to stay over in.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 21:24 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

mikea wrote:
I've been told that Table Tennis 365 are trialing a new ranking (rating?) system for all the leagues that are on their system next season so presumably quite a few OOAK members will be on that (including Southend League I notice).

Presumably it will follow the Table Tennis England system so that you can end up with a different rating for open singles, vets, over 50s etc.

This is taken directly from the Table Tennis 365 website latest news articles

Quote:
Table Tennis 365 - Ranking System Released

Our ranking system is now in final beta and is being released in phases.

What you need to know

TT365 rankings will be live before the start of next season.
Our rankings system is provided FREE to all leagues and clubs that use League Manager.
Rankings are powered by the same engine we use to run the Table Tennis England and Table Tennis Scotland national ranking lists.
Rankings are generated automatically from the results you already enter into League Manager, so it is completely passive and requires no additional administration.
Results from your own tournaments can be entered into the ranking system.
Rankings will automatically appear on your TT365 website once the system is live, but you will have the option to not display them, if you do not wish to publish rankings on your website.
Lists can be filtered by gender and our default age groups, plus you can define your own filters if you wish, such as over 60’s female.
Our ranking system automatically produces lists for clubs, leagues and counties, so no matter what organisation type you are, you’ll get a ranking list relevant to you.
When we go live, we will go live with a minimum of one season’s worth of back-history, subject to you having those results entered correctly in League Manager.
Ranking data will also be fully integrated into match card views, player and team statistics pages, even club pages will have their own ranking list.

So to summarise; our ranking system requires zero effort for League Manager users and it’s totally free.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 07:44 

Blade: Soulspin Basalt
FH: Victas 402 Limber
BH: GD Cropcircles OX
This is taken directly from the Table Tennis 365 website latest news articles

Quote:
Table Tennis 365 - Ranking System Released

Our ranking system is now in final beta and is being released in phases.

What you need to know

TT365 rankings will be live before the start of next season.
Our rankings system is provided FREE to all leagues and clubs that use League Manager.
Rankings are powered by the same engine we use to run the Table Tennis England and Table Tennis Scotland national ranking lists.
Rankings are generated automatically from the results you already enter into League Manager, so it is completely passive and requires no additional administration.
Results from your own tournaments can be entered into the ranking system.
Rankings will automatically appear on your TT365 website once the system is live, but you will have the option to not display them, if you do not wish to publish rankings on your website.
Lists can be filtered by gender and our default age groups, plus you can define your own filters if you wish, such as over 60’s female.
Our ranking system automatically produces lists for clubs, leagues and counties, so no matter what organisation type you are, you’ll get a ranking list relevant to you.
When we go live, we will go live with a minimum of one season’s worth of back-history, subject to you having those results entered correctly in League Manager.
Ranking data will also be fully integrated into match card views, player and team statistics pages, even club pages will have their own ranking list.

So to summarise; our ranking system requires zero effort for League Manager users and it’s totally free.
[/quote]

Sounds like each league will have its own ratings which won't be carried across from one league to another?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 18:31 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
so_devo wrote:
I'd love to play Reb by the way, and many other forum members......in no particular order and just off the top of my head Duncan, Debater, haggisv, defattack, der_echte, leatherback, bogeyhunter, pushblocker, brett, birding & tt, silver, mnnb, fadil and others spring to mind. Win lose or draw it is just interesting to meet, to get a sense of level and styles. Even with video on the net it is so hard to judge; some exceptional players look quite ordinary and vice-versa.

Are you playing SBL this year devo? Or just VBL?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 18:50 
Blockhead
Blockhead

dunc wrote:
so_devo wrote:

Are you playing SBL this year devo? Or just VBL?

Just VBL (2 weekends, first mid-sept) and 3 County veterans' days. Also will try to do some Corby/Draycott ratings events but they'll be vets too.

If you add in the local league tourneys that's enough especially with a family at home!

We'll just have to look out for any opportunity if you're down south or I'm up north!

185g

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 19:08 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
If you come to the Sunderland vets I'll be there helping with the refereeing :)

Oh, wait, I just read your itinerary again properly lol. So you won't be coming to Sunderland! One day devo, one day!

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2016, 19:19 
Blockhead
Blockhead

dunc wrote:
If you come to the Sunderland vets I'll be there helping with the refereeing :)

Oh, wait, I just read your itinerary again properly lol. So you won't be coming to Sunderland! One day devo, one day!

I'll start entering the masters events in a couple of years. Problem is at the moment I'm only eligible for the 40s so get a max of 3 group games on the Saturday and then straight KO on the Sunday. It's a long way to travel and a lot of time for what is potentially only 4 games. When I pass 50 - May 2018 - I can do the O-50s and the # of games will double.

185g

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 19:18 

Blade: Yinhe T 11+
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z1
BH: Stiga Mantra H
Golf has a universal handicap rating system. But I am sure that a 18 handicapper in say, Cambodia would not be having the same standard as a 18 handicapper in USA. Nevertheless the players are being treated based upon their handicaps irrespective of where they come from.

A universal rating for table tennis would really generate lots of interest and enthusiasm for the game. If the ranking can be 'converted' into handicaps, then it would mean players of differing levels can still play with each other. (such as golf) Why don't we have one? Why should the US, UK and others hold on to their own? Is the RC an Australian rating?

With the technology (computers and smart phones) and the ease of travel (local, interstate and even international travel), surely there can be a universal methodology to 'roughly' grade the players. Would Ooak take the initiative?

BTW is there a Australian ranking?

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 20:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Ratings Central started off in USA, but most of the Australian leagues are starting to use it as well. Although it's a global rating system, comparisons between ratings of players from different countries is highly inaccurate, because there is very little data on players that play in both countries (which is what's required to get a global rating system).

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 20:24 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
There is difficulties to compare different size player pools.

Finnish rating system is copied from USA system originally. In Finland ratings look like this...

Place 20: 2227 points
Place 50: 2080 points
Place 100: 1972 points

In Sweden... http://www.profixio.com/fx/ranking_sbtf ... public.php

Place 20: 2671 points
Place 50: 2564 points
Place 100: 2439 points

Sweden has lot more players than Finland. Comparing players with similar skills, Sweden has lot lower rating points on average, so a player from Finland with rating 2000 may be the same skills as 1700 player from sweden.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 20:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great example Roy :up: :up: :up: That's what I was referring to as well, but your example explains it much better! :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next