OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: "Bat doping"
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 20:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

*Sigh*

So much effort over "bat doping". I suppose if it was as serious as actual "human doping" the Chinese would also be ejected from the Olympics.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 22:05 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
At the pro level, we can expect every kind of doping, human doping, bat doping, food doping, ..... :lol: :lol: .. when money is involved and especially, when you do know others cheat to get an edge,...pros are forced to cheat to really compete in the same conditions ,.. I understand this,....

Pro level sport is unhealthy, you can ask any pro of any sport about this,...unhealthy for the body, unhealthy for the mind,...... I guess with so much training, they dream of balls, boosters, training quarrels,etc :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 00:04 

charmander defender wrote:
At the pro level, we can expect every kind of doping, human doping, bat doping, food doping, ..... :lol: :lol: .. when money is involved and especially, when you do know others cheat to get an edge,...pros are forced to cheat to really compete in the same conditions ,.. I understand this,....

Pro level sport is unhealthy, you can ask any pro of any sport about this,...unhealthy for the body, unhealthy for the mind,...... I guess with so much training, they dream of balls, boosters, training quarrels,etc :lol: :lol:

Very accurately said, I completely agree with you. It is unfortunate that money interferes with sports, I hope that it will someday end.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 02:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh I dunno. Were the Olympics healthier when they had strict amateur status rules? I don't think so. If you wanted to be a full time world class athlete you had to have deep pockets, or had to live hand to mouth on donations. "Gifts" that were too big were considered pay, so you couldn't really have sponsors either. You had to compete against so-called "amateurs" from the Communist bloc. And I don't think athletes were any healthier or doped less than they do today, if you wanted to win and you had to compete against the Soviets or East Germans, you had to dope as much as they did. You had as much or more of state-sponsored cheating, just like the spectacular Sochi Switch, despite the athletes being "pure" "amateurs". Back then the Sochi Switch would have been so much easier to pull off since there wasn't so much scrutiny.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 02:48 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
That's right,.... you can also ask the pro cyclists during the Indurain / Pantani " era " ( just to give an example ) in the TOUR DE FRANCE . All the pack knew about the doping,.... In fact, Pantani died from the drugs,...any Italian forum member here must know more about this than me ,...

It is sad,......anyone can google and see Pantani climb very steep slopes easily,.... who believes with just eggs , rice and meat , he could do that? ,.....

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2020, 04:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ONE MORE OIL-SMELLING OLYMPICS ....

The Magic Eye pocket size spectrometer proved to be very worthy in laboratory tests, but this device will not see its debut at the 2020 Olympics. Quite recently, a note of protest on behalf of well-known national federation came up asking for some further recearch on usability, reliability, legitimacy of the Magic Eye and so on.
In brief terms, the Magic Eye oil-detector came out some boulder in a stagnant pool, still waters stirred and the dwelling frogs loudly croak in a frightened voice.

Such a vexed reaction from China athletes and officials was quite predictable for all the Chinese Champions will no longer be able to use their "magic" rubber filled up with oil. And what's more, the Chinese DHS factory will no longer be able to do chemical tuning on their products.
This is a scandal, this is a disaster, this is a revolution that could throw down the Olympic Gods into the trash in the Tokyo 2020. Noway wants ITTF such an embarrassment to happen.
No, the idea of total ban on the rubber boosters is still alive and not expired, but the implementation of the project will certainly be a long road and its full deployment not before the Olympics.

From a Japanese Tokeu Simbun paper edition.

/Be happy/.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2020, 12:40 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

2020 Olympics, huh? Will the Russians be there at all? Hmmm... Human doping scandal?

Magic eye oil detector... :lol: :lol: :lol: Tokeu Simbun. :lol: :lol: :lol: Eu eu buck. :lol: :lol: :lol: Igor seems to have a lot of, er, dreams. :lol:

Yup, another case of Igor making up supposed "rules" and pretending he's a "pundit". I doubt ANY of that was ever printed in Tokyo Shimbun. And there is nothing in the rules that prevents manufacturers from adding chemicals to their rubbers, oily or not. As long as they pass the VOC test they can add anything they want. No "magic eye oil detector" is going to change that, it'd probably go ape when used on Tenergy 05 anyhow. This is just another one of Igor's, er, somewhat soggy dreams.

Iskandar