OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus scare
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 02:42 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
shaolinTT wrote:
It's the non-playing hand that's touching the ball when we serve, and I don't think we should breathe into and rub the rubber like Ma Lin.

Droplets in the air and on all surfaces. You need to somehow trust that all players in the arena are mindful. I can tell you that is folly. People are shedding the virus all over the place and because people can't see it, they think they are safe. YOU AREN'T.

Don't let TT be the reason you get it, and either harm yourself or other more vulnerable people

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2020, 22:23 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Like pretty much everywhere else in the USA, all of our clubs are shut down. Very disappointing, as there were a lot of tournament coming up that were canceled, and also because I was starting to turn the corner in my training sessions with my coach. But understandable.
I have a friend who has a table in his basement, there were 4 of us over there last weekend and we may do that again on Sunday. I figure if I follow the guidelines, small group, no touching people, wash hands and sanitize constantly, a small group like that is ok according to the rules.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 16:21 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
All TT competitions & social clubs in Australia have been closed by order of the government. We have a social distancing policy that you must observe when you are in any business that hasn’t been forced to close.
Those forced to close include are all bars, restaurants, gyms with people encouraged to self isolate. In food outs & restaurants you can order takeaway meals only.
Most of the Australian states are in lockdown but if you do travel unless it’s in the national interest the interstate visitors must self-isolate for 14 days & then be tested. :swear: :swear: :headbang:

See the ball, be the ball...

Last edited by Gollum on 25 Mar 2020, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2020, 06:18 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Gollum wrote:
Quote:
We have a social dissenting policy that you must observe when you are in any business that hasn’t been forced to close.

Yes, we are allowed to dissent socially, but I think that what Gollum meant was social distancing policy.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2020, 08:31 
My Precious

Thank you Retriever my silly mistake stay safe :up:

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 04:39 

At my hospital, it is mandatory for everyone to have a mask, even non-essential direct patient care people. As a nurse, even though I know work as a clinical informaticist and am technically on the IT side, we are being re-fit tested and may be called upon to do direct patient care.

Scary times guys...

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 06:03 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Japsican wrote:
At my hospital, it is mandatory for everyone to have a mask, even non-essential direct patient care people. As a nurse, even though I know work as a clinical informaticist and am technically on the IT side, we are being re-fit tested and may be called upon to do direct patient care.

Scary times guys...

They are indeed. Also very tough on healthcare workers such as yourself. Wishing you all the best.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 08:03 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
This virus is no joke.Here we have handled the situation poorly.Before the lockdown just 2/3 days before ,people were allowed to move freely,those from Madrid who had a second residence carried the virus to the north.Those ,whose flights had been canceled in the north, travelled to Madrid by car or train; they also carried the virus back to the north.This is a Disaster! No wonder Spain is one of the most affected countries.We have reacted late and irresponsibly.The price in lives is scandalously disgraceful.Now,we have to stay at home,at least, until the 13 th April. These 2 weeks are the worst part for the rising number of infected people.

You are lucky.At least ,Spain has given an example of how to behave irresponsibly, now, check out the news a d you shall understand our terrible crisis.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 09:49 
My Precious

Take care everyone self isolate even if not ordered to this a completely different way of life for the immediate time.
Again please, all of you stay safe ! :( :up:

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 11:39 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
How do you keep yourself sane/healthy? Table tennis has been my stress reliever but I can't play. Not just for myself but for others as well. I am still working though since I work in a food manufacturing company.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 13:56 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I'm already an introvert so social isolation doesn't bother me too much but I still need hobbies to keep me sane and I will miss table tennis. I'm going to try and find things to do around the house and in the garden to keep busy and give my brain something else to focus on whenever I can.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 22:12 

Now is the time to take on some other hobbies that can be done in isolation.

Musical instrument
Drawing
Coding
Photoshop
3d Modeling
Writing/blogging
Yardwork gardening
Solo Martial arts - kata/tai chi
Exercising at home
Running
Yoga
Youtube channel.

Be creative...otherwise you'll get cabin fever and take unnecessary chances out in public.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 22:13 

pgpg wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Scary times guys...

They are indeed. Also very tough on healthcare workers such as yourself. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks my friend. we have 7 confirmed cases and SEVERAL PUIs (Persons under investigation).
The s*** is about to hit the proverbial fan in DC. I fear we will follow NYC.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 22:28 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Red_lion wrote:
How do you keep yourself sane/healthy? Table tennis has been my stress reliever but I can't play. Not just for myself but for others as well. I am still working though since I work in a food manufacturing company.

when i was a kid we used the dining table with books put on their edges for nets. ok the ball didn't bounce the same but it was still fun. If you are on your on, put the table flush to a flat wall and hit against the wall. Alternatively try bounce games,how many times can I bounce the ball on the edge of my bat, then cominations of edge FH, then edge BH then variations around the them. Service practice is always possible and you don't need a table for that. Just serve and watch the reaction of the ball on the floor when it bounces. Does it spin back, spin to the side, is that what you expected to happen to the ball with the serve. Lots of things you can do.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020, 05:32 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Dusty054 wrote:
I'm already an introvert so social isolation doesn't bother me too much but I still need hobbies to keep me sane and I will miss table tennis. I'm going to try and find things to do around the house and in the garden to keep busy and give my brain something else to focus on whenever I can.

I am also pretty self sufficient and don't mind being left alone for a long stretches of time - it helps that I'm actually still working from home, and video games replaced usual TT time commitments. Plenty of TV watching with my wife - the sillier show, the better. RuPauls' Drag Race is a hoot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next