OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Rubbers getting banned
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2020, 18:02 

Hi guys,
I thought I wanted to inform you about the rubbers which are getting banned (some of them shocked me).
So, let‘s start with Der Materialspezialist Nightmare: This shocked me a lot because if I‘m not wrong this is the first frictionless anti to get banned
Double Fish 1615 ;( : My favorite Long pips rubber is getting banned :(
Even more shocking ones are: Hurricane 2, Hurricane 3 and Skyline 3!!! These are the most shocking ones to me and Sword Scylla is also getting banned.
Of course there are even more rubbers which are getting banned and I am just too lazy to write them all down :D . If you want to find more information, you just have to look at the new LARC list (last page)
Tim

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2020, 19:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Tim wrote:
Hi guys,
I thought I wanted to inform you about the rubbers which are getting banned (some of them shocked me).
So, let‘s start with Der Materialspezialist Nightmare: This shocked me a lot because if I‘m not wrong this is the first frictionless anti to get banned
Even more shocking ones are: Hurricane 2, Hurricane 3 and Skyline 3!!! These are the most shocking ones to me and Sword Scylla is also getting banned.
Of course there are even more rubbers which are getting banned and I am just too lazy to write them all down :D . If you want to find more information, you just have to look at the new LARC list (last page)
Tim
Those rubbers are not banned, they will just not be allowed to use in league game and competition. It is because the producer do not want to pay the fees to ITTF to keep them on the LARC-list. Probably due to poor sales. Or that they are replaced by other rubbers.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2020, 01:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Tim wrote:
Hi guys,
Tim

Uh, calm down.. :lol: 1615, H2 and H3 are not being banned. What's being "banned" is the old versions, without the ITTF numbers. Check in the main section, you'll see, under Double Fish, 1615 is still listed, except now it's called "008 1615". If you looked at the previous LARC (2019B) you would have noticed that Hurricane 3 was listed TWICE (one listing was "108 Hurricane III" and the other was just "Hurricane III". Which meant there were apparently old sheets without the ITTF number still being sold somewhere and DHS thought it was worth the $200 a year to allow people to keep using those old sheets. Now the old sheets are being phased out and you can't use them in tournaments past June 2020, but you can always use the sheets they've been selling for the last several years which are marked "24-108". Of course, it is likely that someone, somewhere, on some table tennis forum, will claim "the new sheets are rubbish, they're nothing like the old sheets"... :lol: :lol: :lol: (How many times have you seen this sort of thing happen? :lol: )

As far as Nightmare is concerned.. yeah, that does seem to be going. Why, I've no idea. Maybe ITTF didn't like like it. But equally possible is that DMS decided to stop making it for any number of reasons. Maybe they have a better version under a different name. Maybe their OEM lost the molds. Maybe they can't get the chemical they need to make it frictionless anymore. Scylla also seems to be on it's way out. There was some talk about it under "Long Pips" IIRC.

Heck, the whole Three Sword company seems to have gone belly up. And I just got another sheet of their Red Dragon rubber (if you recall, it was "better than Butterf-- Tenerg-" :lol: ). Ah well, maybe that'll mean the price will drop below $10 a sheet in the next couple months.. :lol:

This is from the previous LARC (2019B):

Attachment:
LARC 2019B DOUBLE FISH 1615 twice.jpg
LARC 2019B DOUBLE FISH 1615 twice.jpg [ 37.95 KiB | Viewed 2089 times ]

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2020, 10:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yearly income structure of ITTF.
Attachment:
auditor_report_2018.jpg
auditor_report_2018.jpg [ 153.21 KiB | Viewed 2061 times ]
The Rubber Authorization & Approval Fees constitute third main source of ITTF money earnings.

The fees ITTF will impose on each manufacturer are as follows
■ Authorisation fees of USD 1500 plus testing fees, per new rubber item.
■ Yearly approval fees USD 500 to keep up a rubber in the LARC, per existing rubber item.

/Be happy/