OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2021, 02:03 

Hi all

We are two hobby players who have been developing a new card game that will be played together with table tennis. Other way to say it - it will turn regular table tennis into a tongue-in-cheek game for office, parties, family or wherever you got a table and fun people. We got the idea for the game when we had office party at our company. One of the events was table tennis tournament - which wasn't that much fun because of big differences in player skills. We decided to change that for the next party and introduced the first prototype of our game PingPossible. It was great success and allowed everyone to have fun - no matter their skill levels.

This all happened over a year ago, in late 2019. After that we got the idea to develop the game and make it a real commercial product. Since that we have been designing, developing, playtesting and playtesting even more. Of course this global pandemic stuff gave some challenges and delays, but we are getting close to releasing the PingPossible. At this point we are looking for some feedback about the game idea and website - and of course if you are interested please feel free to join our newsletter. There will be a nice discount for newsletter subscribers when the game comes out.

https://pingpossiblegame.com

All feedback is welcome and happy to answer any questions you might have. It would be great if you could give us some answers to these these questions:

1) By visiting our website - do you get clear idea how the game works?
2) Do you think it could be fun?
3) Have you played anything similar? Do you have any ideas for our game that you think we must include?

Last edited by antero on 11 Nov 2021, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2021, 14:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nice website!

To answer your questions:
1. Yes, very nicely explained and illustrated. :up:
2. Yes I think it could be fun, Although for someone that mainly plays at a club, I probably would not use it there. Could be a lot of fun at a workplace or home though.
3. Can't say I've played anything similar.
Something that could be added: Build something into the game that helps you learn more about real table tennis, and/or entices people to try the real game. This could be in the form of Q&A about the rules or games at international level for example. If it teaches people about the real game, and promotes real TT, this could help you promote the game to TT clubs and other related TT associations. You might even get some traction in the TT media, as a novel way of promoting TT. ;)

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2021, 03:46 

Thanks for taking the time to visit the site and providing us feedback! I really appreciate it.

Quote:
1. Yes, very nicely explained and illustrated. :up:

Good to hear! The basics are pretty simple (it adds depth with some more complex game modes), so glad we don't make it sound overly complicated :D

Quote:
2. Yes I think it could be fun, Although for someone that mainly plays at a club, I probably would not use it there. Could be a lot of fun at a workplace or home though.

I agree! We don't think main audience will be pros or active players who train at clubs - we try to find garages, offices, youth clubs and other "hobby" places for this. One thing where it is really fun for pros is when you are playing against kids or players with totally different skill set. I have had few pretty epic losses to my 12-year old son...

Your idea about finding ways to promote real TT is great - we have to think about how we could integrate that part. Getting good visibility and reputation within TT communities would be great for the game. It is our favorite game too - so if we can help to make TT more popular - all the better!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2021, 23:38 

Just wanted to let you know, that we have just opened presales - you can order Ping Possible now from our website: https://pingpossiblegame.com

Excellent gift idea for any table tennis lover out there ;)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2021, 02:05 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
haggisv wrote:
Something that could be added: Build something into the game that helps you learn more about real table tennis, and/or entices people to try the real game. This could be in the form of Q&A about the rules or games at international level for example. If it teaches people about the real game, and promotes real TT, this could help you promote the game to TT clubs and other related TT associations. You might even get some traction in the TT media, as a novel way of promoting TT. ;)

^^^^ totally agree with this, really good idea. Even a "Did you know...?" on the back of the cards or something

I think your idea is great, but marketing it might be hard. Personally, I would probably aim it at businesses. The last 3 companies I've worked for have enjoyed hosting "ping pong" tournaments for all colleagues; this could be a good ice breaker.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 04:33 

Thanks for your feedback dunc! Yeah, marketing this is definitely hard. One idea we had was to host table tennis tournament for companies here in Helsinki, and one of the series could be PingPossible.