OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 03:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2021, 22:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Played a tournament yesterday where 7 of 8 opponents were using either a version of dignics or tenergy. The other one was using one of the latest Xiom inverteds.

I am looking for others experience who play with a slower blade (I used def or all blades that are slower for my BH LP) but use a dignics or tenergy on their FH and which one? I am looking for a balance of ability to end the point quickly, but not too hard to use (I tried tenergy 05 hard and that requires significant training)

Blades I am talking about-darker 7D-2A DF (got from OOAK store) or either galaxy LQ1 or LQ2.

I know I am looking for a zebra, but worth a shot. Any feedback is welcome. (Initial thoughts are D09c or D80)

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2021, 05:36 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I am using Dignics 09C on a Matsushita Pro Model, with 388D-1. I like the setup quite a lot, as with it I am winning most of my league matches this season, which is also the first season I have been using the LP. I formerly used a DHS 301 with H3 on forehand and similar on BH i.e. double inverted, but H3 was a little slower than I liked on the MPM, so I wanted to try something with a little tack and a little speed. Dignics 09C fits the bill (for me) better than other tacky "springy" rubbers, the only one of which I can bring to mind now was Tibhar Hybrid K2. To be honest, I didn't want to like Dignics, because of the cost, but what are you going to do? At least the 388D-1 is cheap. Still have more fun playing double inverted, but my team needs me to win matches.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2021, 04:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I was worried about this issue when I tried Tenergy 05. If it really did turn out to be this super rubber that would make twice the spin as other rubbers and increase my rating by 50 points, I'd be doomed to having to pay $75 a sheet every three months for the rest of my playing life. Not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved to find out that this wasn't the case.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2021, 18:00 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
vanjr wrote:
Played a tournament yesterday where 7 of 8 opponents were using either a version of dignics or tenergy. The other one was using one of the latest Xiom inverteds.

I am looking for others experience who play with a slower blade (I used def or all blades that are slower for my BH LP) but use a dignics or tenergy on their FH and which one? I am looking for a balance of ability to end the point quickly, but not too hard to use (I tried tenergy 05 hard and that requires significant training)

Blades I am talking about-darker 7D-2A DF (got from OOAK store) or either galaxy LQ1 or LQ2.

I know I am looking for a zebra, but worth a shot. Any feedback is welcome. (Initial thoughts are D09c or D80)

I'm a combo player. My current set up is a darker speed 90 blade with dignics 09c on the forehand and rasanter chaos 0.5mm long pips on the backhand. This is a fast set up. It allows me to loop / counter loop on the FH from mid court and chop on the BH from mid / far court. I find the dignics 09c pairs well with the soft kiso hinoki wood often found in darker blades. Having a fast set up allows for excellent BH LP drives and flicks but can make passive blocking difficult. I will often drive or flick with my LPs which often results in a weak return which I try to finish with my FH. For reference I'm rated about 1500 RC which Im told is about 1900-2000 USATT

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2021, 22:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

FYI as follow-up I have also decided to go with faster combo blades. Specifically I will have an older 729 Hao Shau champion carbon blade that I am using and two gambler balsa knight blades. All set up with pimple park cluster LP in OX. Trying to narrow down my FH rubber, but trying Nittaku fast arc P1, G1, dignics 80, razka Z and rasantar R47. Jumping from one control extreme to win the point quickly.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2021, 23:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

After some time with both the HS two speed blade and the balsa knight two speed blade I am a little confused. The balsa seems fast in close to the table play, but if I back up or my opponent does it seems like the ball slows down or has less power (speed and spin). At the table the Hao Shao blade seems a little slow, but away from the table the speed picks up. I presume it is due to blade flex. But why is that? What about balsa makes it better at close to the table play, but less powerful when my opponent backs off or I get backed off the table?
thanx for any ideas.