OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: 21 May 2019, 09:27 

Blade: BTY Gergely
FH: Rasanter 47
BH: Fastarc G-1
SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
The kids I coach that use LP learn how to use it properly, with technique - so if you can't win, you probably need to get stuck into what they're doing; which is practicing like mad :-)

Honestly warming up for 2 mins against a rubber when you haven't done the training is not going to help mate. just go out and practice and play with people with "funny" rubbers - it takes time but you'll get there.

Training LP I believe is an easier way to beat inv rubber players. These kids have good backhands (with inv rubber). You can see frustration on even on LP players that play against non-inv rubbers. Even the LP players react like "I don't like anti-spin" :D hahaha.

2 mins is better than nothing. Like I said, I'm just trying to have a feel for their rubber and the way they hit. If I lose, I lose and that's fine. If warming up doesn't help, then skip it. :D

Honestly if there was a tournament for inv rubbers only, I would play there instead. I don't play a lot against LP/anti so it takes awhile to trigger the brain to strategize and think. I only use instinct when I play against inv rubber players.

I'm only a low rated player so I don't really matter. I can't train like the kids because my partner would kill me :) and I'm already too old.

PostPosted: 21 May 2019, 11:37 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I played 2 guys last night in pennants. With both of them there was no problem with having a hit in the warm up against their pimples out rubbers. One had short pimples one side and long pimples the other (which side was worse?) and the other had smooth one side and short pimples the other. I had this part of the thread in the back of my mind when I saw the bats.

I myself use normal smooth rubber both sides, but after playing a few people have been asked which long pimple I use :).

PostPosted: 21 May 2019, 13:02 

I guessing you played against adults and not kids. :) Yeah social comp players don't normally have issues having a hit with their non-inv rubbers.

I've only had this experience with a kid who has won two comps in a row.

I've been asked a couple of times if I'm using anti-spin :rofl: They had to be re-assured that I was using normal rubber.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2023, 09:33 

Since a timeout is very valuable in any sport, why do you limit it to just one per match? It's just a minute.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2023, 13:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
jazzcomp wrote:
Since a timeout is very valuable in any sport, why do you limit it to just one per match? It's just a minute.

That's a good question... I wonder if they ever review this and compare it to other sports?

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of time-outs, as I often see it as being used to just to disrupt the rhythm of the opponent.. but if it's legal under the rules, then it's part of the game, like it or not.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2023, 17:26 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Precisely,time outs are part of the psychological game .Not only are they used to disrupt the opponent "s game .
There should be at least 3, one per set.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2023, 22:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
charmander defender wrote:
Precisely,time outs are part of the psychological game .Not only are they used to disrupt the opponent "s game .

Do you mean in addition to towel breaks every six points, in-numerable handwipes on the table by the net, raising the hand to delay my opponents serve, slow walks to the barrier to get the ball, ad infinitum.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2023, 00:17 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
vanjr wrote:
charmander defender wrote:

Do you mean in addition to towel breaks every six points, in-numerable handwipes on the table by the net, raising the hand to delay my opponents serve, slow walks to the barrier to get the ball, ad infinitum.

I do see your point .I think towel breaks should be abolished if there were 1 time out per set .If the umpire were to notice a deliberate delay from the opponent, they should be shown a yellow card as a warning.

Time outs are really important to change the flow of the match ,be it to disrupt their game or get priceless advice from the bench .

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2023, 18:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

To be honest, I think things are fine the way they are. One timeout per match, one towel break every six points. I still think people could have more frequent "towel breaks" if they want it, by sewing a patch of towel on their shorts or wear shorts made of towel material... :lol:

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!