OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 13:28 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Your opponents are snobs :P

Basically, since this is a tournament/fixture organiser rule (home team brings the balls) there aren't any guidelines for it from ITTF (for obvious reasons).

If the organisers don't specify brand, then any 3 star will do. Your opponents can't really do anything about it.

I reckon your opponents should stop whinging and just use them, but I guess they're point of view is since they are probably supplying nittaku prems when you play them at their home ground, you should reciprocate :P

I personally would prefer to play with a new(ish) 3star dhs/dbfish than an extremely worn and battered nittaku prem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 13:49 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Glueless wrote:
Great thread Monkey!

This thread is only 10 hours old and is already on the fourth page. That's got to make it a nominee for Thread of the Month.

Here's one:

You've really been working on your serves lately and have a mega spinny short serve. In a match, you unleash a really spinny underspin serve that bounces close to the net on your side, just barely clears the net and bounces on your opponent's side. The backspin causes the ball to go back over the net toward your side, it clips the top of the net and just barely drops over such that your opponent never had a chance to touch the ball.

Whose point?

I totally agree Monkey has hit on a great thread topic here. Congrats mate! :wink:

Mike the serve you are talking about I was working on but people kept telling me it was no good unless it could be perfected to be really low. In actual fact the serve that does as you describe but backs up into the net is probably better as it is even less likely the opponent can get bat to it and get it over the net. I think both are very tricky though. I actually posted a vid of a serve of mine jumping the net and jumping back over somewhere here. Its a very risky serve though because its hard to get consistent control of its travel and can be open to a flick away if you get it slightly wrong. Its also very open to not going over the net at all :o .

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 14:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I prefer Nittaku or Butterfly myself. Still, they used DHS at the Olympics in Beijing. Funny thing happened last time I was in China. I pulled out a brand new Nittaku premium, the guy I was playing with looked at it, snorted, handed it back to me, and pulled out a Double Fish. That was what we played with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 14:50 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Baal wrote:
I prefer Nittaku or Butterfly myself. Still, they used DHS at the Olympics in Beijing. Funny thing happened last time I was in China. I pulled out a brand new Nittaku premium, the guy I was playing with looked at it, snorted, handed it back to me, and pulled out a Double Fish. That was what we played with.

I really think that any 3 star ball is allowed and shouldn't be questioned...

either a Nittaku or a DHS ball.... although the example I have wrote has happened many times before and I can tell you that people have complained to me me and my team alot in the past. I really like the nittaku balls premium... but, at almost $10 for a pack, 3 compared to the DHS. I would always use DHS as my pocket will not fork out the extra cash...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 15:05 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Here is another one that has happened to me plenty of times before.....

***Serves- playing in the leagues, you do get some guys that serves ""borderline""... Short toss and wicked spin... often resulting in a 3rd ball injury. It's really borderline as I cant see it because I am standing in front of them... as there toss is short and often pulled back towards them... Quick points for them. Even with pips I have a real hard time seeing what they are serving.

Question - during comp's can I call them for the serve, as it is a disadvatage to MY GAME?? The Umpire is usually relexed as it is either a team member of there's or ours.

Another one.....

**** your playing someone who has a really bad temper and remarks to everythingggg either :evil: , remarks to my pimple "cheating rubber!", remarks to the nets"please nomore!" I get, remarks to the edges"Come Onnnn!".... This guy just talks all the way through.... Full of B.S IMO, but he really puts you off in the game.

Really playing these guys I get really hot tempered as I can't play my game, thinking too much of what he thinks... if you know what I mean.

What to do??? ...mind you this is not the big leagues, so our umpire knows just as much as I do.

Another one.....

The guy you are playing is LOSING!
...He decides that he has Diarehera and he needs too go too the toilet.... He takes his time and is in the $hitter for 15 or so mins.... by then you have lost your rythem and lose the match and feel.. pissed!

Cheating???

Metal Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 15:11 
Just a thought about this thread I think that we should have a format for asking and answering questions that everyone follows. Its getting a little bit difficult to figure out exactly what questions are being asked/answered. If you guys like this idea I'll leave it up to MM to post the way he wants to set it up.
-Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 15:13 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
When people complain about nets and edges, I just tell them "I practiced that shot,,,want to see another one?"
Usually, the people that complain are the easiest to upset.:D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 15:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
metal monkey wrote:
Here is another one that has happened to me plenty of times before.....

***Serves- playing in the leagues, you do get some guys that serves ""borderline""... Short toss and wicked spin... often resulting in a 3rd ball injury. It's really borderline as I cant see it because I am standing in front of them... as there toss is short and often pulled back towards them... Quick points for them. Even with pips I have a real hard time seeing what they are serving.

Question - during comp's can I call them for the serve, as it is a disadvatage to MY GAME?? The Umpire is usually relexed as it is either a team member of there's or ours.

Another one.....

**** your playing someone who has a really bad temper and remarks to everythingggg either :evil: , remarks to my pimple "cheating rubber!", remarks to the nets"please nomore!" I get, remarks to the edges"Come Onnnn!".... This guy just talks all the way through.... Full of B.S IMO, but he really puts you off in the game.

Really playing these guys I get really hot tempered as I can't play my game, thinking too much of what he thinks... if you know what I mean.

What to do??? ...mind you this is not the big leagues, so our umpire knows just as much as I do.

Another one.....

...He decides that he has Diarehera and he needs too go too the toilet.... He takes his time and is in the $hitter for 15 or so mins.... by then you have lost your rythem and lose the match and feel.. pissed!

Cheating???

Metal Monkey

Wow you got some gems there MM :lol:

Quote:

Really depends on how serious the match is... you'll get some nasty looks if you question their serve... but if it's that obvious then they deserve it, and probably have had it called on many occasison... If I feel it gives them no advantage I would not bother...

Quote:

Again depends on how bd it gets, and if you can handle the nasty looks... it it interferes with the game, you have a right to question it... Personally this does not bother me at all... if they get upset it usually works to my advantage... I keep telling myself not to let it bother me... which seesm to work...

Quote:
Cheating???

Yes if it's done intentially it would be cheating! hard to prove though, and you'd be hard pressed to find an umpire that would go and investigate :lol: :lol: :lol: I thionk you can't fight that one, and there's always a chance it's genuine... if it happens to often, hopefully one of the officials can have a word to them or take action...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 15:45 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Thanks HaggisV for clearing things up, The last one that I put...

where he is in the men's for a long while did happen too me a few years back. A big match as it was the decider in the mens B grade teams event (played with 3 on 3, plus 2 doulbes)... the games were leveled at 5 games each and the last match was played by me... I was... winning 2 sets up, but the guy decided he needed to go to the loo. After that, I ended up losing the game and my team came in 2nd.

monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 16:20 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
This is a throw back to the post about what balls to use at a tournament. Prefernces aside, any 3 star ball is legel and perfect.

Now on to the preferences, Nittaku and Butterfly are fast losing appeal among the vast majority of players. The last time Nittaku balls were used in an international meet was in 2004, this from their own website.

Most players swear by Double Fish and then Double Happiness. And with the price difference, I say why not.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 16:26 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Ranger-man wrote:
This is a throw back to the post about what balls to use at a tournament. Prefernces aside, any 3 star ball is legel and perfect.

Now on to the preferences, Nittaku and Butterfly are fast losing appeal among the vast majority of players. The last time Nittaku balls were used in an international meet was in 2004, this from their own website.

Most players swear by Double Fish and then Double Happiness. And with the price difference, I say why not.

Thanks for the info Rangerman,

it's pretty much the norm to use Nittaku or stiga balls here... and in white!

I have no quarrels on people using other balls, HEHE, as long as it's not in white....

My eyesights is not as good as it used to be so it's getting harder to read the incoming spin on the ball.

Thanks again.

Metal Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 16:38 

hehe maybe we should play tt with you wearing a white shirt , in a white room playing with white balls :twisted: :twisted:

BH:Dawei Inspirit Quattro 2.2
Rubiks Cube 3x3x3 Best Time:1min 12.85secs :thumright:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 16:43 
I like the idea of an orange shirt, in an orange room playing with orange balls better :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 16:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
gibxam wrote:
I like the idea of an orange shirt, in an orange room playing with orange balls better :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't bother me unless you made the table and net orange too :o :o :lol: :lol: Of course then I'd be expecting orange juice in the breaks and orange quarters after the game! :P :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 17:07 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

..Out of thread***

Well since you guys are talking all about colours and all that stuff....

I did play with Gekogark1212,had a little bit of traing with him about 6 months ago....

scanario was... light blue colored room.....and light blue shirt.... Orange ball.

Really bad place :D

:oops:

Monkey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next