OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 15:10 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
In 2003 and 2004 I won a local tourney with Seemiller grip. In 2005 I had a hernia and missed playing. On the advice of a 2400 player, I switched to shakehands for one year. In 2006 I lost to 3 players that came from out of state to play.
After that, I switched back to Seemiller and went to LP on the back side instead of anti.
In that tourney this year, those three players came again. I cleaned them up good!!!! One of them even uses LP and could not figure out mine. I had no problem with his. I never lost a game the whole tourney. I even quit using my hard serves just to get some more ralleys in. I am never going back to shakehands.
One of those guys was a penholder with a brick wall backhand block. I took him apart when he tried to outpush me. Using the LP, he would pop one up every time. If he blocked backhand, I would start pushing.
One of them is a two winged looper and his downfall was the ability to angle blocks with the Seemiller grip and mixing the blocks up with LP and Energy. Was easy to run him out of position and open the table up.
I have "lots" of good serves but with LP have found a new one. I serve a FAST corner to corner or down the line that looks like topspin with LP. It is a no or light spin ball. It is very hard to attack. The better players usually use a slow loop knowing that it is hard to hit low no spin. Thats what I am ready to counter. The lesser players usually hit it into the net.
Although I am not in the class of that 2400 player, I got one game from him with my new setup! LOL I learned some new words. He got me the rest of the games by switching tactics. (not in the tourney)
It is Seemiller grip forever!!!! :twisted:

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 15:51 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

We want video :D

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 00:32 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Shoebox,
I am working on that. The guy that said I could use his Video camera backed out so I am working on another guy.
He said the camera is so cheap, it wont even show the ball. I wanted to try it anyway. I'll get one somewhere. :)

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 01:41 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Way to sock it to 'em Hookshot.

I am beginning to like playing against friction LP players, especially the advanced ones, even if I do not prevail -just a lot of fun with the chances to attack and watch them come back on the table!

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!