OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 15:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Beautiful!!! :party:

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 22:35 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

I enjoyed watching some of the better Anti-players vids and thought they were cool. As a former Anti (super anti 1.5) BH and Looper FH I made some changes when I got back into playing back in 1995. First of all there was speed glue..etc...need I say more. AS a former Anti player I found the tactics needed to win and be effective was easyer to hone. It was much easyer to know what to do and when...nothng too complex as with some LP play today. I am currently using LP for the past 7 years and have enjoyed some of the success. I want to set up two types of games. One with my current balsa type set-up with Lp on one side and a med throw hitting blocking rubber on the FH side. One maybe with Med pips also on the BH. Then I was thinking about getting getting a Andro Temper tech blade Off- and set up Anti on one side and inverted on the other. I have used super-anti in the past--I also like what I see from the antis from Giant Dragon. I also had great success with Neo in 1.5 and enjoyed it. I do know that playing with Anti requires a very active stye and alot of ball movement. Please your thougts on Best anti- Neo anti and any giant dragon anti--

Peace GIG
:?:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 00:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

@Michiganbob: in my opinion Juic NeoAnti is the best all-round anti on the market, having the highest control and very effective with every kind of stroke. I didn't like the Giant Dragon anti's much; good for chopping, but very fast and harder to control than most because of it.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 03:07 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

Yes I am in total agreement. The Neo is really a good rubber, and has great control. I did try the 1.5 and liked it, I havent tried the 1.0 as of yet. I like to block and chop block close to table but I can chop pretty well 5-10 feet off the table. I dont move as quick as I did years ago, but still get around..No I do not plan on playing in the Over 60, I was told 61 is now like 41....right right :up: :clap:
I also like the fact you still can attack week balls with the Neo. I do plan on going to the 1.5 unless you think going to a 1.0 is best for blocking. My guess is if it is a soft blade then 1.0 is ok A hard blade 1.5 os slightly better. Is my thought on this so far correct.??
Right now I am using Talon ox Black on a Kris ( trimmed to smaller head size) blade. I get some net balls on short chops with sidespin on occation, the current blade set-up is much to heavy for me so I changed out to my lighter Kris blade and I know I can attack on the BH much better. Also hard hit balls do not go long as often. ( wrist was sore ) I am trying to keep track of my lost point because of LP as well as my points. I will try and get some videos in this year after the states and let you guys compare playing with ox rubber or Anti is best for my game. One thing I do trust in this Forum is the honest answer and concerned comments as well as feedback from other players. I work often as I can with Teddy who is also a club member and one of our most improved players. back to work

Peace GIG
:rock:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 04:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

michiganbob wrote
Quote:
I do plan on going to the 1.5 unless you think going to a 1.0 is best for blocking.
A thin anti will bottom out when you block fast balls; it is OK for chopping, but for little else. In my experience, 1.5 is the best allround thickness with medium to soft sponge (it would be 1.3 with hard sponge) - good for chops, blocks and attacks. But some players prefer 2.0 as this thickness helps cushioning fast balls and has some extra kick when hitting.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2012, 10:25 

Slick wrote:
Its extremely curious imo! I googled the club and identified at least the anti player from a team photo, probably also, but not absolutely certain, his opponent in the video playing in the same team. They play German Landesliga! This is the 6th league of a ca. 20-level system. In the recent past, I played quite a lot of Landesliga players in friendly matches. I won against many, but lost against more. These guys were really good! And those on the video appear so limited - I can't get that. Notice, they play in one of the regions known for highest level of its leagues (WTTV).

Hi Slick! Never read in this sub-forum but if you´re still interested: :^) I live in that area. The Antiplayer was new to the club so his opponent had no clue about how to deal with frictionless Antis. Both players don´t play Landesliga anymore. This match is not represantative for average level of skills in that division. The passive player lost many matches and is used as a subsitute today. Actually he plays in the 2nd team 4 leagues down.

About the legendary 804 EvS: It´s the surface of the rubber that creates such large reversal. Hard and slick. Very different to the originally sold version. The rigid sponge supports the special effects. I lent my EvS to a guy last year. It never returned.. Anyhow it´s not legal so most players here prefer ABS or Nightmare to avoid trouble.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 19:25 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
Now I feel better, thanks ;-)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 20:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Just found this player when I looked at Jens Gester. Anyone knows more about him? I guess his name is Maik Schönknecht or similar... Could he be using BEAST?

at 2:30 and 9:05 in this recent video:

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 02:01 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Maik S. is well-known as a Dr. Neubauer Buffalo user. Great player.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2016, 04:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mynamenotbob wrote:
Maik S. is well-known as a Dr. Neubauer Buffalo user. Great player.

Cool. I will study him a little closer, very inspiring...

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2016, 04:25 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
There are really two different styles/gameplans for slick anti players.

1) The Amelie Solja/Amir Ahmed style which is primarily anti orientated.

2) The Maik Schönknecht/Jens Gester/Simon Huth style, where the inverted side is the main weapon.

I'm firmly in the Amy/Amir camp, so studying those videos are the most helpful for me.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2016, 05:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mynamenotbob wrote:
There are really two different styles/gameplans for slick anti players.

1) The Amelie Solja/Amir Ahmed style which is primarily anti orientated.

2) The Maik Schönknecht/Jens Gester/Simon Huth style, where the inverted side is the main weapon.

I'm firmly in the Amy/Amir camp, so studying those videos are the most helpful for me.

I am more to the other side :)

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 01:13 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
yes, me yoo:) :lol:

i will be happy if able to return the serve with anti or 1st spin without being killed, and thats it :)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016, 00:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Found more with Maik Schönknecht, go to 3:30 and 9:04

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2016, 16:54 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Here is anti vs classical LP defence...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!