OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 08:46 

Interesting videos. Watching the first one, very very clearly a lot of reversal, but nothing extraordinary, but always easier to say then play against! . Dude in red did not want to be there, he basically threw the first set. Anti player's ready position is too upright to make much out of his forehand, and while the serves were extremely effective, there wasn't much / any variation.

and my chickening out setup..
Donic Waldner Allplay
Stiga Boost TC 2.0 forehand
Stiga Boost TC 1.8 backhand

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 07:31 

mynamenotbob wrote:
rodderz wrote:
Is there extra treatment on the topsheet?

Possible, but tactically this match illustrates how one could play the perfectly legal Der Materialspezialist Nightmare, for example.

It would be fine if you would have truth, and the practice would be enough with Nightmare.
There is no legal anti sheet which would be able to do these. The guy in black&white T-shirt is a skilled anti player, no doubt and even He has a nice technic to use him anti sheet.

Earlier I played some anti rubbers and I can say that Nightmare have the biggest reversal, but it is not a slow sheet especially not against fast no spin balls.
Against fast hits there is no chance to slow down the ball like this guy did it. This 804 EVS worked like an old banned frictionless long pimple. After slow and long flying the ball can almost always land on the end of table.
I would like to have this sheet only for its taste ;)

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 16:12 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
It is always difficult to rate a rubber from video, which one has not played with or against oneself. However, this one looks more like Timeless rather than Nightmare.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 20:01 

Slick wrote:
It is always difficult to rate a rubber from video, which one has not played with or against oneself. However, this one looks more like Timeless rather than Nightmare.

You are right not easy to rate from video, especially then if there is no experiment with frictionless sheets, but if it is, It is not difficult.

I am not talking about It is a Nightmare or not, because MNNB wrote that It is a 804 Evo version, so this not a question.
I am only talking about It is not possible to slow down and give back the balls onto the table those huge hits and loops by any legal anti sheet, like the well-skilled black&white dressed anti player did this.

My problem is not that the guy plays this much well with this anti rubber, I can congratulate on him, but it what is the address of manufacturer to get a sheet? ;)

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 20:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
pal wrote:
My problem is not that the guy plays this much well with this anti rubber, I can congratulate on him, but it what is the address of manufacturer to get a sheet?

Join noppen-test and PM "Ed von schleck"

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 06:51 

mynamenotbob wrote:
pal wrote:
My problem is not that the guy plays this much well with this anti rubber, I can congratulate on him, but it what is the address of manufacturer to get a sheet?

Join noppen-test and PM "Ed von schleck"

This will be a big challenge for me with zero german language knowledge, but I am going to try with a dictionary 8) :smoke:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 07:06 

I have found the English version for instructions :oops:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 20:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Jens Gester
BH: R.I.T.C. 804 (EvS) 1mm
FH: Milky Way 9000 (II)
Blade: Dawei Crystal Silver Carbon

More vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uyxqg3JHYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5lA_JgFvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfaECVF-WcU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juc23MBxxgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj4M89ioAbA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONGO8J6AfO0

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 23:48 
Super User

damned good stuff, thanks MNNB! Except that I miss smashes by him, he plays almost exactly the game, I would like to come to. I am just a bit closer to the table, which is not always an advantage.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 06:14 

Hi MNNB,
That was a nice selection.
Do you know on what kind of level does Jens play in Germany?
He is well-skilled player and his anti works well also, but I believe that a Dtech with sponge on his BH would suit to his play in this distance.
He is far from the table many times , therefore He can not smash the ball. Anti might be more effective close to the table also. Besides I missed giving of short underspin serves.

Nevertheless I have to acknowledge It could be a really hard job to play against these strongly experinced players and I enjoyed very much.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 06:47 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

pal wrote:
Hi MNNB,
That was a nice selection.
Do you know on what kind of level does Jens play in Germany?
He is well-skilled player and his anti works well also, but I believe that a Dtech with sponge on his BH would suit to his play in this distance.
He is far from the table many times , therefore He can not smash the ball. Anti might be more effective close to the table also. Besides I missed giving of short underspin serves.

Nevertheless I have to acknowledge It could be a really hard job to play against these strongly experinced players and I enjoyed very much.

He plays in the first Oberliga, so just below Bundesliga. On a couple of those vids he even gave ITTF players problems. I read he had to switch to Neubauer ABS this year and is getting absolutely killed at that level. Just looked it up... 2:18 :(

http://wttv.click-tt.de/cgi-bin/WebObje ... &club=8151

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 16:43 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Oberliga, so just below Bundesliga
is not quite right, I guess. In Germany there is 1. Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga, Regionalliga, and then, as forth league, Oberliga, BTW followed by Verbandsliga, Landesliga (cf. http://ueberregional.tischtennislive.de/), Bezirksoberliga, several levels of Bezirksklasse, several levels of Kreisliga. From Bezirksoberliga on, names may vary by state.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 06:46 

mynamenotbob wrote:

He plays in the first Oberliga, so just below Bundesliga. On a couple of those vids he even gave ITTF players problems. I read he had to switch to Neubauer ABS this year and is getting absolutely killed at that level. Just looked it up... 2:18 :(

http://wttv.click-tt.de/cgi-bin/WebObje ... &club=8151[/quote]

804 is a legal anti sheet. It is possible to change the sponge, or not? What was the problem? How is it possible to check the anti sheet legal or illegal? I do not know the story but I would be interested. Why did He has to leave his 804 anti?
Left frictionless anti rubber no way to play with ABS sheet. Easy way to loose the matches.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 04:29 
Super User

pal wrote:
804 is a legal anti sheet. It is possible to change the sponge, or not? What was the problem? How is it possible to check the anti sheet legal or illegal? I do not know the story but I would be interested. Why did He has to leave his 804 anti?

One my speculate he ran into conflicts with "2.4.7 The covering material should be used as it has been authorized by the ITTF without any physical, chemical or other treatment, changing or modifying playing properties, friction, outlook, color, structure, surface etc.".

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 06:05 

Slick wrote:
pal wrote:

One my speculate he ran into conflicts with "2.4.7 The covering material should be used as it has been authorized by the ITTF without any physical, chemical or other treatment, changing or modifying playing properties, friction, outlook, color, structure, surface etc.".

Hi Slick,
What does 2.4.7 mean?
If the ITTF's brand is on surface, what could happen? The most of anti are definitely frictionless. Is there any rule for friction? I have no info about it.
There is no determinated value for colour(RAL code :whew: ), chemical, or any proporties(rigidity or flexibility or any) by ITTF.
So I do not know what the conflict could be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next