OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2014, 14:17 

cyber1call wrote:
I'm going through the same transformation since I switched to the Nittaku Best Anti 1.3. So far my biggest weakness with the NBA is high balls deep to the bh corner...but that was a weakness with the LPs too! (Any suggestions as to how to deal with that?)

Switch hands and hit the a FH with your off hand. It doesn't take that much practice to be effective. I had to develop this because I am so slow of foot. ;)

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 08:00 
Super User

Had my first session with Neubauer ABS 1.2 on a Xiom carbon blade, V1. For the previous 6 yrs, I'd been playing with OX LPs. I've been wanting to try Anti for a couple of years, esp the frictionless ones, as I'm enjoying the blocking game more, as opposed to running back from the table.

The spin reversal on spinny loops was far more than my LPs could give. However, I couldn't break my habit of closing the bat, so I rarely returned any loops. Other shots, like pushing, serve return, were fine, and I played at about my same level. Hitting was also not as consistent.

I had a coaching session also during these four hours of play. My coach just kept telling me to keep the bat wide open, but 6 yrs of instinct is not easy to change in 20 minutes~!

ABS was really slow, even on a fast carbon blade. I'll give it a month and see if I can get the blocking down better. I might need a slower blade... b/c if I allow the fast loop to penetrate through the sponge into the carbon layers, that ball flies like a home run. :rofl:

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 08:05 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
josesiem wrote:
ABS was really slow, even on a fast carbon blade. I'll give it a month and see if I can get the blocking down better. I might need a slower blade... b/c if I allow the fast loop to penetrate through the sponge into the carbon layers, that ball flies like a home run. :rofl:

carbon is a really good idea. give " der materialspezialist - beast" anti in 1.5 a try, its even slower and provides better reversal...give it a try

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 11:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

AA wrote:
josesiem wrote:

carbon is a really good idea. give " der materialspezialist - beast" anti in 1.5 a try, its even slower and provides better reversal...give it a try

What makes the Beast a better choice for you than Parasite?

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 12:05 
Super User

Glad to know that carbon is a good idea. I was worried it might be too fast. I'll try the materialspezialist in the future. Thanks.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2014, 18:51 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
theOldDuffer wrote:
AA wrote:
josesiem wrote:

What makes the Beast a better choice for you than Parasite?

beast might be a better option for someone who is just starting off...and since he has issues with speed, since the beast is clearly slower, he should start off with beast first. spinparasite is more dangerous, has a lower trajectory, but its faster..

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2016, 13:05 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Had my first experience with against Anti on the weekend. (Butterfly Super Anti) I also had my first experience against Long pips, which I did find to be similar but the anti guy was far more anti-dominant and experienced so will focus on that.

Just watching him play my mate the match before, I knew he had anti as my mates pushes were going a lot higher than usual and seemed to float long. Like him I kept hitting a lot of balls long when pushing. When looping, it was quite off-putting seeing the ball just float back to me and from that point I had no idea what to do with the ball. Sometimes when I did get a really spinny loop in, the ball would just float miles long off his bat over the end of the table. He did have pretty good control though so that was only perhaps a couple of times per game. He would attack on his forehand occasionally but wasn't really looking for it, was just trying to create errors. Although I knew I needed to adjust, I didn't know what to adjust to.

With serves I tried serving to his inverted forehand but he got onto that quickly and moved over a bit more and was able to cover both sides.

I quickly went two games down and really expected to go down in 3 but then just started to learn to be a bit more selective. When I pushed I had the bat closer the vertical than horizontal and just bunted the ball back. I still looped but if not successful, was then happy to bunt again rather than loop again. I was looking for a ball that just sat up a bit more and either looped or flat smashed. With serving I often just served short, nothing serves and got a few short, nothing returns but some were high enough to put away.

In the end, I was able to take the match into a 5th game and even had a match point but couldn't get over the line.

Was really happy with that though as he beat better people far more than he beat me but to be honest I wouldn't have like to play him again. It was just too hard work and concentration levels were through the roof. That night I honestly kept having visions of a Nittaku Sha 40+ logo floating at me. Wasn't good but 15 matches in a day will probably do that too you.

In regard to my LP match. I was also 2 games down but managed to win that one. The main difference is I felt stronger when we were in an inverted rally and I was able to get this guy into an inverted rally a bit easier. I kept serving to his inverted forehand and it wasn't until late in the game he started twiddling the forehand return which I was onto straight away but it just halted my momentum for a second.

One thing I did do was gain an appreciation for the skill needed to have a good LP and anti game by the players who use it. Its not for me though. I'd rather win a point than have someone lose it.

Edit: I just noticed that a couple of years ago I did a 'first experience against anti thread' so the above was not my first time. It was however my first time since I've improved a lot and the standard of player was quite decent this time rather than just a Bgrader playing a Bgrader with no idea how to use anti. I'd actually forgotten about that hit.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 22:35 

:topspin: Review on Juic Neoanti black 2.0 mm placed on a Stiga allround evolution blade. I have tried several anti rubbers and this is by far my first choice. Have been playing with this for about 15 years. I twiddle and use it, mostly on backhand, but over the years I have learned to enjoy this on forehand aswell. Doing a forehandloop with it, force opponent to the mistake. It will take you some time to get used to this anti-rubber, but when you get to know it, you will love it, and it will love you. If you are a allround loop player, combine it with a rubber that is spinny, to get maximum variation. It is great in returning serves, spinny or fast. Take a step back, play the chop game, or stay close to the table and short block or attack. Its up to you, variation is the key word. Slow down the game to your pace, the keypoint for using this rubber. It is possible to hit back with it, but that will take time to handle, for me its easier to do this with backhand. The ball will be difficult for your opponent to return, hard to lift, as the bounce is flat. It offers great control on chops away from the table, but it will not have same spin reversal as long pips. Ok spin reversal on short blocks, and on hard brush, I think. It also gives a great disturbing anti effect to opponents spin, if you hit a spinny forehandloop with a 'anti-loop'. Gets slower over the years, but so will you, that makes the anti effect even better. Have tried same rubber on a Stiga defensive NCT blade for some time now. The defensive blade gives even more control on passive strokes like chops away from the table and blocks, but makes it challenging to attack/push, but nothing that can not be learned over time, I think