OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2021, 00:09 

Sewing Techniques: How to Sew a Blind Hem

Many different techniques are available in the sewing world, and learning them can take your sewing endeavors to a whole new level. The blind hem is one such method, a creative approach to add a nearly undetectable machine-stitched hem to clothing such as skirts, unlined jackets, or slacks. Even if it might have appeared difficult in the past, you can overcome it like a pro with the correct resources and some advice.

➽➽➽ Important Site: Image https://safechat.com/u/craftsselection

Tools You'll Need:
  • Marking pen, pencil, or chalk
  • Ruler
  • Pins
  • Iron
  • Blind hem presser foot

From sewing machines that make stitching a breeze to colorful threads, needles, and buttons, we've got you covered. Whether you're a sewing pro or just starting, Crafts Selection has the list of best products to help you create beautiful, one-of-a-kind pieces.

Steps to Achieve a Perfect Blind Hem

Mark Your Hemline

Draw a line at the desired hem length on the right side of the fabric.

Create Hem Fold Lines

Mark two more lines equally spaced from your desired hem depth above and below the hemline.

Prepare Raw Edge

Trim the hem's rough edge to a depth of approximately 1 inch.

Initial Fold

Folding the raw edge 1/2 inch from the bottom line, turn it under, and press. Align the top and bottom lines as you fold along the middle line.

➤➤➤ Check over here: Image Best of Craft and Sewing Products CraftsSelection.com

Pin and Fold Again

Ensure the middle line is now at the bottom of the hem before using pins to secure the folds. Repin as necessary as you fold up along the top line.

Sewing with the Blind Hem Foot

Your sewing machine should now have a blind hem presser foot attached. Set the desired width and choose the blind hem stitch. Sew slowly, guiding the cloth to position the foot's vertical plate parallel to the fold.

Final Steps

Check your stitches carefully, then restitch any gaps. Allow the hem to fall, and take out the pins. Use a little water, if necessary, to give the hem one last press to remove any creases.

Crafts Selection takes the guesswork out of choosing the right sewing products with our comprehensive top sewing product comparisons. From sewing machines to accessories, our guides provide clear insights so you can confidently select the best tools for your sewing projects.

☞☞☞ See Also: Image Best Product Reviews CraftsSelection

Final Words

The blind hem technique might initially appear difficult, but with practice, you'll discover that it's an essential skill for making polished, expert-looking hems. Therefore, the next time you start a sewing project, don't be afraid to try a blind hem. It's a little secret that can significantly improve the quality of your sewing projects.

Last edited by carldunn on 11 Oct 2023, 20:04, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2021, 09:29 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
There's already a detailed thread on this very robot which has a lot of opinion about the robot

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=31050&hilit=tennirobo

vedroitt is a forum member and person responsible for creation and supply of this robot. I've found him to be helpful in any questions I've had about this robot.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2021, 06:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

USD200~240 comes from factory store.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2022, 06:23 

carldunn wrote:
Right now I live alone. I enjoy playing table tennis in my spare time. So, I want to buy a TennisRobo robot. I do not know this robot well? Can you give me your opinion about it?

Thank you.

Speed: You can choose how fast the robot shoots the ball. Some robots can vary the speed of the graphite paddle ball. So you may get one slower ball and then one faster ball. Spin variation: You can choose whether the robot shoots backspin, topspin, sidespin or float.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2022, 17:22 

carldunn wrote:
Right now I live alone. I enjoy playing table tennis in my spare time. So, I want to buy a TennisRobo robot. I do not know this robot well? Can you give me your opinion about it?

Thank you.

Hi,
at the moment we can't sell TenniRobo robots - we were located in Kharkiv, Ukraine. This city is located 24 miles from the border with russia, and Kharkiv is bombed every day from russia territory. Chaotic missile strikes destroy infrastructure and kill civil people in our city. We had to leave our home, so it's impossible to continue manufacturing at the moment.
But I continue working with software: a new mobile app is coming in about 2-3 months (I hope), we redesigned mechanics. Actually in March we were going to present a new TenniRobo version - just believe me, it's an amazing robot. We have already demonstrated to some people with very positive feedback (someone from this forum also has seen it and help us with promo materials ;) , thanks him a lot!).
This war broke our plans, but we are alive. A new TenniRobo will come once the war ends

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!