OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2015, 11:22 

Here's the latest manual, it describes the pre-built routines. As far as I know, Butterfly still isn't publishing this manual, but another forum member got a copy of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzfb02NSKmMUcWxuYVFrWDNZbXc/view

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 01:53 
Super User

this is kicker!! has anybody tried the presets?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 03:20 
Super User

btw... where can I pick up another 25 pin cord...cracked mine.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015, 03:34 

Any 25 pin cable should work, if it's long enough. Just put "25 pin cable" on Amazon. Make sure that it's male at one end and female at the other.

Regarding the presets, I haven't played with them. If you read back in this discussion though, you can see some talk about them. I think some people thought the balls were too fast.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 19:44 

If anyone is in Southern California and wants to buy one for a good price, I have the Power Pong 3000. Lightly used. It is equivalent to the Butterfly Amicus Professional 2014 model. Works great, I just don't use it that much anymore. email me at photojake @ gmail.com . Thanks.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2015, 10:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Photojake wrote:
If anyone is in Southern California and wants to buy one for a good price, I have the Power Pong 3000. Lightly used. It is equivalent to the Butterfly Amicus Professional 2014 model. Works great, I just don't use it that much anymore. email me at photojake @ gmail.com . Thanks.

How Much
tOd

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2016, 06:14 

Hi Dave T,

I'm wondering if you ever got your new controller figured out? I'm thinking of buying an Amicus Basic and building an Arduino based controller with touch screen, but I'm only going to buy the basic robot if I can build the controller. Otherwise, I may consider the upper models (which are very expensive in AUS!)

I hope it's okay to ask you a couple of questions about what signals the Amicus is expecting.

For example, are the motors expecting a PWM signal, or is it simply a voltage level signal to control motor speed? Also, the ball direction diverter. Is it controlled with RC type servos, or stepper motors, and again, does the controller need to control the stepper motor specifically, or perhaps there is a stepper motor controller in the head and the controller only needs to send a simple signal such as PWM or voltage to inidcate position?

Thanks,
Harrow.

P.S. New to this forum because I only started playing TT after christmas. I'm worst handicap at my local club :oops: , but I'm very excited about the game. My main problem is that I work long hours and have a family with young children, so my practice time is limited, so the only practical way to increase my number of ball contacts per week is TT robot. Similar to you, I envisage making the best flexible controller possible. :)

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2016, 07:43 

Harrow - I'm still working on it. It's pretty much done, but I have a ways to go before I will have something to sell. I've put a lot (a ton!) of time into this, so don't really want to give away too many "trade secrets", but send me your email address via PM, and I'll give you a little info to get you started.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 11:46 

Blade: Grubba
FH: Sriver-EL
BH: Sriver
Dave T wrote:
Harrow - I'm still working on it. It's pretty much done, but I have a ways to go before I will have something to sell. I've put a lot (a ton!) of time into this, so don't really want to give away too many "trade secrets", but send me your email address via PM, and I'll give you a little info to get you started.

Hi Dave, I read all 18+ pages for the Amicus owner thread to learn as much as I can about the Amicus. I don't own any robot yet but really really interested in getting the Amicus model, I could get Robopong 2050 but could probably stretch only a few more cash for the Amicus basic. I'm really interested if you've already completed the app controller for the Amicus?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 12:07 

Nothing to add, really, to what I said there. At this point, I'm not sure if it will happen. The Amicus is a great robot without it though.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 12:27 

Can you please consider open sourcing what you have then? It's a real waste if you don't plan to release it.

thank you.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 02:26 

Hi,

I bought the Amicus Basic and think about expanding the functions using Raspberry Pi 3 and two of this: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/gertbot-is-here/

Gertbot can control 4 PWM- or 2 Stepper motors and you can cascade it. Here the manual: http://www.gertbot.com/gbdownload/man/Gertbot_manual_2.6.pdf

The goal is to connect the smartphone to the Raspberry via Bluetooth to program the robot.

The software should not be the big problem for me. What do you think about the Hardware.

Maybe we can work together.

Stefan

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 03:51 

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for pointing out the gerbot. Didn't know about it since it's not in http://elinux.org/RPi_Expansion_Boards (ctrl-F to motors). It's a bit pricey if you need 2. Have you check out other boards in above link? The beaglebone blue has it built in if you can wait https://beagleboard.org/blue .

So are you trying to bypass the bot's control circuits? Otherwise, you should not need to have motor controllers and just decode what the control board signals. Bypassing it entirely is an interesting take. I wonder how much time Dave took to decode it. Hope he can chime in.

Btw, I don't have the Amicus. If by any chance you are in the south bayarea of CA, then maybe I can be of help.

Dave: If you are reading this, please consider open sourcing what you have as this will help us out a lot and your efforts will not be wasted.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 04:04 

Using motor controllers is the only way to go. That's what the control board does. There is no protocol.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 05:31 

As we know, there are "SongYang Hybrid Stepper Motors" in our robots. http://www.kosmodrom.com.ua/pdf/SongyangPdf.pdf SY39ST34-0166A

Someone with a heat problem on this motors: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=296590.0 Dave T, is it you?

These motors can run Unipolar or Bipolar. Here the difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHe4Fc6uuBs I think we have to run it Bipolar.

@Dave T: Do you think the Gertbot works?
@johnnykl: It's not pricey if i can do all the things with the amicus basic.

Please excuse my english i'm from austria.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next