OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Too much sidespin
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2019, 02:42 

Hey Amicus owners!

I'm having a strange issue I can't figure out. I'm seeing that when I have the robot send balls to the left, I have quite a bit of left sidespin, even though I'm telling it to have no sidespin. Then when I serve to the right side of the table, I have right sidespin. Balls to the middle have no sidespin. I realize that when the ball hits the deflector, that induces a small amount of sidespin. But that's not the cause here - the sidespin from the deflector should be right sidespin to the left side of the table, and left sidespin to the right side. Agreed?

Does anyone else see this, or know what might be the issue?

- Dave

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2019, 05:29 

I'd like to work on returning heavy sidespin, especially on serves. Does anyone have any good settings to simulate such a ball? I'm finding that even if I tell the robot to give me maximum sidespin, the balls are still too easy - much easier than a decent sidespin serve "in real life". I've tried having it give me serves (ball bounces twice), and just balls that bounce once, and neither is giving me a very tough ball to return.

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 05:25 

Hi robot owners!
I know I am late to the party but since a few weeks I am a happy owner of the PowerPong 3001 robot (it is almost identical to the Amicus Professional robot) I had never seen this robot in action before buying it so I took a chance on it. I am glad I did. What an amazing robot it is!

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 08:00 

amaruk wrote:
Hi robot owners!
I know I am late to the party but since a few weeks I am a happy owner of the PowerPong 3001 robot (it is almost identical to the Amicus Professional robot) I had never seen this robot in action before buying it so I took a chance on it. I am glad I did. What an amazing robot it is!

I just looked at this. It appears to be the Amicus professional. Is there any difference?

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 11:52 

Dave T wrote:
amaruk wrote:
Hi robot owners!

I just looked at this. It appears to be the Amicus professional. Is there any difference?

I think it is an upgraded Amicus professional (like the latest generation even though the professional is no longer in the line-up) and it has a wireless remote (keyfob). It is also made by the same company in Hungary, just sold under a different name (Butterfly does not make it, they just sell it under their name).

PostPosted: 10 May 2019, 23:49 

amaruk wrote:
Dave T wrote:
amaruk wrote:
Hi robot owners!

I think it is an upgraded Amicus professional (like the latest generation even though the professional is no longer in the line-up) and it has a wireless remote (keyfob). It is also made by the same company in Hungary, just sold under a different name (Butterfly does not make it, they just sell it under their name).

I should also add that with the PowerPong 3001 you will get a free upgrade to app control in July (to PowerPong 5000)!
Source: https://www.megaspin.net/store/redirect ... rpong-3001

PostPosted: 11 May 2019, 01:10 

amaruk wrote:
Dave T wrote:
amaruk wrote:
Hi robot owners!

Hmm. Like I said, I think this is the same as the Amicus professional (which is a very nice robot). I see no difference. Do you know anything that is "upgraded" about it? The Professional has the wireless keyfob. The motors are the same as the lower amicus models, but it has a higher voltage power supply. You can add an aftermarket higher wattage power supply to the Expert and Basic models yourself, if you want the performance of higher speed balls. The upgrade to the app control is a game changer though. I suspect that the same upgrade would work with other Amicus models if they will sell it separately. It would need a different control head to talk to the motors, that can be interfaced to by the app. I build my own control head to do this, but if it's something that they will sell separately, I will likely check that out too.

PostPosted: 11 May 2019, 02:01 

Yes, it is almost identical to the Amicus Professional. I don't know much about the differences though, but since the Amicus Professional is now discontinued (not part of the 2018 Amicus series Start-Expert-Prime) I figured it is different in some way. Here is what Butterfly say on their page:

"For all 3 models, the common differentiator from the previous models is that the electronics have been upgraded. Instead of the power electronics being housed in a control box at the player’s end of the table, they now are housed in the base of the main unit next to the ball feed mechanism. Since the power electronics are now very close to the motors and sensors they control, power is handled in a much more efficient and reliable manner. Previously, power was routed on a 20 foot round trip to the Control Panel and back again, introducing latency and reducing responsiveness."

However, I don't know if the PowerPong 3001 shares electronics with the latest Amicus robots or the previous generation. To me it does not matter really. It is a great robot and I look forward to get app control for it!

Source: https://butterflyonline.com/butterfly-a ... nis-robot/

PostPosted: 11 May 2019, 03:50 

Dave T wrote:
It would need a different control head to talk to the motors, that can be interfaced to by the app. I build my own control head to do this, but if it's something that they will sell separately, I will likely check that out too.

That is impressive that you built your own control head! Do you happen to know how the tablet for Amicus Prime talks to the robot? I am guessing that the wireless chips (Bluetooth?) are inside the robot itself (main unit) and that the tablet controls the robot that way via Bluetooth. If that is the case, and if my robot has the same main unit as the Prime, I would think it would work without any hardware changes? What do you think? Just curious. Here are some pre-release images that show the upcoming app. Looks promising to me!

https://www.powerpong.org/product/power ... echnology/

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2020, 23:48 

I was a previous owner of an Amicus Professional and upgraded to the Prime. If anyone is interested in an amicus professional control module, I'm trying to let it go for a low price. Please PM me.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020, 05:24 

amaruk wrote:
Dave T wrote:
It would need a different control head to talk to the motors, that can be interfaced to by the app. I build my own control head to do this, but if it's something that they will sell separately, I will likely check that out too.

That is impressive that you built your own control head! Do you happen to know how the tablet for Amicus Prime talks to the robot? I am guessing that the wireless chips (Bluetooth?) are inside the robot itself (main unit) and that the tablet controls the robot that way via Bluetooth. If that is the case, and if my robot has the same main unit as the Prime, I would think it would work without any hardware changes? What do you think? Just curious. Here are some pre-release images that show the upcoming app. Looks promising to me!

https://www.powerpong.org/product/power ... echnology/

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. To answer your question, no, I don't know how the prime talks to the robot. It would either be wifi or bluetooth. For my controller, I implemented it with bluetooth communication. Actually, BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), which is a different protocol and chipset than standard bluetooth. But what robot do you have? You would need a prime for a tablet app to be able to control it. The older robots (Professional, Advance, and Basic) don't have any wireless communication. The controller you mount on the table directly controls the motors using DC power. There is no controller intelligence inside the robot itself.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020, 18:05 

Blade: Violin
FH: Tennergy 05
BH: Spin Art
I am thinking of buying a robot.
I have the big question about AMICUS PRIME or Newgy Robo-Pong 3050XL.
Can you give me a preference for one and why?

Thank you!

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2020, 10:15 

Blade: yasaka ma lin
Hi all, the head/ball tube won't rise up/turn from the base on my amicus. This may be because the screw that holds it in place has broken. See image below. Can anyone confirm what your screw looks like and if this screw is broken?

Wanted to confirm and see if anyone's had this issue or any ideas to fix this before I start taking it apart to try to loosen it. Thanks

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2020, 03:03 

Your screw looks to be the same length as mine. I tried to post a picture of mine but can't figure out how to post pictures. Anyway, it's hard to imagine that the screw end snapped off, there just isn't any stress on it. So you can't even twist the head? I suggest calling Butterfly. Their tech support is pretty good, in my experience.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2022, 06:44 

Blade: Primorac
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Sriver
Does anyone know where I can find a service manual or details with opening the base to access the cables inside? I am getting a ball jam error message and from another thread it was recommended to remove the Base Top from Base Bottom. I have removed all the screws but the two parts still don't come apart. I don't want to break anything and would greatly appreciate some guidance on disassembling the Amicus Prime base.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!