OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2019, 13:14 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Is this US$690? if so that would make it at the current exchange rate AU$990 without shipping. Saying that what is the estimated cost to Australia and have you shipped any out here yet?

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2019, 15:09 

apophis wrote:
Is this US$690? if so that would make it at the current exchange rate AU$990 without shipping. Saying that what is the estimated cost to Australia and have you shipped any out here yet?

Yes, it is 690 USD. Our buyers don't pay any additional customs taxes, we have already shipped robots to many countries. In this forum thread, you can find a post from maurice101 (thank you for your support! ) - he is from Australia. Another his review https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/ ... post279337
Shipping to Australia with regular airmail with tracking number costs about 57-60 USD and takes about 2 weeks

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2019, 15:22 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
vedroitt wrote:
apophis wrote:

Yes, it is 690 USD. Our buyers don't pay any additional customs taxes, we have already shipped robots to many countries. In this forum thread, you can find a post from maurice101 (thank you for your support! ) - he is from Australia. Another his review https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/ ... post279337
Shipping to Australia with regular airmail with tracking number costs about 57-60 USD and takes about 2 weeks

Thanks for all the info! I have send the PM to Maurice101 already!!!

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 13:05 

Tennirobo user from Sydney here. Made an account so I can vouch for this newest addition to the family heirloom.

I just bought Sergey's Tennirobo last month and have been using it for a week now, and I must say that I am very impressed by the simplicity of the design and how effective it is. Every unit is built and manually tested for quality control.

Pros:
  • Clean and simple design - looks easy to fix if something goes wrong
  • Portability - Lightweight and tripod mountable. You can put it to the corners of the table which is useful for practicing certain angles/serves
  • 3 wheel motor - allows sidespin with either topspin or backspin similar to higher end models. The motors are very capable of shooting the ball out at finger-crippling velocities. Aim away from face
  • App integration - Very well fleshed out app that works surprisingly well with the hardware. The important parameters can be fine tuned, which is apparent when adjusting the ball velocity and spin independently from each other. Good for drilling those short spinny serves! It takes a bit of time to learn assembling a drill, or otherwise you can just get right into it with Single Shot mode. Also love the idea for the Sample shot for a quick test.
  • Price - Affordable price point for the user that does not want to invest in a life-savings draining Amicus but still requires some high-end functions. For us Aussies, it's around 1k-1.1k with these rates
  • Customer service - Sergey is VERY prompt when it comes to helping you out, whether it's troubleshooting or just specific enquiries. This guy is very confident in his product and has the skills to pull it off. Unlike a certain kickstarter project...

Cons:
These points are just some quality of life improvements and are in NO way dealbreakers.
  • Lack of ball recycling system - understandably, it does not include the tripod, net, or some sort of ball recycling system. The net and tripod of course can be bought anywhere, whereas the ball recycling system can be manually constructed (saw a video somewhere with someone doing exactly this). This is mitigated somewhat by Tennirobo's ball bucket being able to hold up to 180 balls which is sufficient for a lot of drills with adequate rest in between.
  • App learning curve - once again, this is not a big issue but it requires sitting down and reading the manual or testing out how the app works to make the most out of it. The app itself is excellent and powerful in its versatility and execution. There are no preset drills so you have to do some tinkering to get right into it.

I've only tested for a week but I am very happy with my purchase. If any other points come up, I will update this post.
If there's anyone that thinks this product is a dubious scam as I initially thought myself, rest assured that it is an authentic product. Sergey provides all the documentation and generally replies very quickly. Shipped from Ukraine, and received it in less than two weeks in Sydney.

Thanks once again Sergey!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2023, 06:19 

I can only speak for my Newgy 2055. It has been a nightmare. It shaves the ball. I get white "shavings" on the table in front of the robot. I spent months dealing with Newgy (I believe they just have 1 person in customer service). I also see jamming for a few seconds, causing frustration when trying to do multi-ball training.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!