OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 12:00 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Link:
https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/F1_2022_AGM_Props_Res_EN.pdf

AGM is in December.

Here is a brief list with my comments:
A-01 New definition and preamble and rewording to constitution - mostly bureaucratic changes, not rules, many pages
A-02 Honorary president position for old presidents not doing anything TT related any more
A-03 Suspension of TTFI (India) until it is run by elected officials
A-04 Ball must be made of plastic material only - removing celluloid as a material Law 2.3.3
A-05 The blade shall be made of one or more layers of natural wood or other solid materials, without cavities and not compressible - no percentages any more
A-06 2 things, 1. Remove net service as a let - I think; 2. Remove time outs as advice can now be given during the match
A-07 Request to giv TT England preferred bidder status for the 2026 World Team Championships and 2026 World Para Championships

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 22:17 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Their thoughts on removing serves that hit the net so they are not lets anymore is interesting. This is something I think I could get behind. If it's not a let during the rest of the point, why should it be a let on a serve, since as the rules state, the point begins when the ball is thrown up by the server.

I do not like the elimination of the time out though. While it's true that a player can receive guidance from coaches during matches, a timeout is a valuable tool when it comes to strategy and taking it to get your thoughts together. Especially in cases where players don't have a coach for their match, it's the only time you can really think about tactics.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2022, 22:27 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I can imagine the uproar from some quarters if net is removed as let service. I must admit though, that many net services have so little effect that I see the rationale. I am sure that some people call lets on perfectly good serves as well.

As for London for the 2026 Championships, where do I book my tickets?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2022, 15:42 

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Looks like someone has almost cut and pasted my OP here to TTD :)

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2022, 03:13 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
The resurrection of banned pips is not on the list ;( mmmmm...I thought a female president could change the world but it seems it is just a charade.It doesn't matter who the president is while there still :cash: are hidden :cash: interests :cash:

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2022, 09:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Retriever wrote:
A-05 The blade shall be made of one or more layers of natural wood or other solid materials, without cavities and not compressible - no percentages any more

That one is certainly interesting... could open the doors to a whole new range of blades. not sure if that's good or bad though :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2022, 05:50 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
Looking at the text of A-06, I can't determine the actual rule change proposed - it reads more as a resolution or a general sentiment that "gosh, let services are annoying!". They should have formatted that better - contrast that with the formatting for A-05, which is crystal clear.

Also, what's with the widely variable requirements for majorities for these resolutions? Some require a simple majority, some a 2/3 majority, some a 3/4 majority.

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2022, 10:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
Retriever wrote:

That one is certainly interesting... could open the doors to a whole new range of blades. not sure if that's good or bad though :lol:

No more cork layers, though.. :lol: I suppose if the "no let serves" rule passes you might actually get people developing intentional-net serves... And I think the top level pro players would be accurate enough to pull it off consistently, and to advantage. On the other hand, the "hand is a part of the racket" rule hasn't encouraged the development of off-the-back-of-the-hand dropshots.. (maybe because it's painful.. :lol: ).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2022, 13:42 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
I have experimented with blades for 20 years. About 15 years ago, I made several blades with .001" or .002" Shim stock. Some were with stainless steel, some with spring steel. Some had the metal layer under a wood veneer, some with the metal as the outer layer.

They played very different than any blade you could buy. The sound was different also. I should dig them out again.

I bet there will be a whole bunch of "new" bats on the market soon. :)