OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 17:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Al-Mohannadi appointed to World Table Tennis board

SINGAPORE, July 6 (Xinhua) -- World Table Tennis (WTT) announced on Monday that Khalil Al-Mohannadi, Deputy President of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) and the Qatar Table Tennis Association (QTTA) President, will join the newly formed WTT board, a week after Chinese legend Liu Guoliang's appointment as WTT's Council Chair.

WTT was launched by the ITTF in August 2019, marking a milestone in the professionalization reforms of the sport to modernize its commercial business activities and realize the full potential of table tennis. The board will oversee all WTT business activities and represent the shareholders' interests.

"WTT is providing table tennis the platform it needs in order to grow and become one of the biggest sports on the planet, so I am truly excited to be involved in the leadership of WTT," said Al-Mohannadi. "In recent years, we have improved table tennis' status globally, but now we have an incredible opportunity to achieve our ambitious goals for the future."

Al-Mohannadi has significantly contributed to the success of the ITTF in his role as deputy president and formerly vice president.

Taking charge as QTTA president since 1995, he successfully increased the profile of table tennis in Qatar and the region, with the Qatar Open becoming among the most prestigious events on the annual ITTF World Tour during his presidency.

"Al-Mohannadi has achieved so much for our sport already and it is fantastic news for the table tennis community that his rich experience and expertise will be utilized for the benefit of WTT. The future of table tennis is looking brighter than ever," ITTF President Thomas Weikert commented.

Liu was tasked with promoting the sport on a global level as WTT's Council Chair last Monday.

Following his stellar playing career reaping Olympic gold medals and world champions, Liu has achieved serial success as the Chinese team's head coach and the Chinese Table Tennis Association (CTTA) president.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2020, 16:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't know much about Al-Mohannadi...I know he's been around a long time.
mynamenotbob wrote:
WTT was launched by the ITTF in August 2019, marking a milestone in the professionalization reforms of the sport to modernize its commercial business activities and realize the full potential of table tennis. The board will oversee all WTT business activities and represent the shareholders' interests.

This bit I found interesting...who are these shareholders of the WTT?

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2020, 18:00 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
They have a website at: https://worldtabletennis.com/

There is an article here (https://worldtabletennis.com/article?ar ... 0745549864) where they mention "external investors," but they aren't identified anywhere I could see.

Basically, they're breaking the pro tour off from the ITTF. Probably some rich sheik is bankrolling it, or maybe China.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics