OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: New cars...
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 13:13 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
Like the new Elantra. Looks nice. I drive an FJ cruiser. It's our company car. I'm out to lease a new car next year some time. I think I'm going to lease a minivan. It's for my wife. Maybe we can be soccer parents. or hopefully table tennis parents...:)
Hopefully USATT or at least our state creates a good league. I'm so jealous of the guys on this forum that have a nice league to play in. Even my brother in pittsburgh has a club with ratings that you can move up and down tables according to performance week to week.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 13:26 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

Pushblocker wrote:
Right now, the cheapest gas station is $3.12 per gallon (about 82 cents per liter) but the common price is about $3.25 per gallon..

Okay, I can accept that you have quite a demand, i.e. population (number of cars) and access to plenty of oil. But the difference seems ridiculous, especially in light of our sacrifice to secure Arab oil fields with your armed forces and our love of big, American cars - not to mention our wide, open spaces that require huge gas tanks!

Oh, well, that's the way it is. Now, we just gotta see what we can do about invading those US oil fields! :lol:

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 15:12 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Pushblocker wrote:
The looks didn't change. I believe that a change to the steering was the only major change between 2011 and 2012.. Love mine..

Me too. The only complaint I have is if you put any pressure on that cheap armrest, the plastic under the padding cracks.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 21:57 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Oskar wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:
Right now, the cheapest gas station is $3.12 per gallon (about 82 cents per liter) but the common price is about $3.25 per gallon..

Okay, I can accept that you have quite a demand, i.e. population (number of cars) and access to plenty of oil. But the difference seems ridiculous, especially in light of our sacrifice to secure Arab oil fields with your armed forces and our love of big, American cars - not to mention our wide, open spaces that require huge gas tanks!

Oh, well, that's the way it is. Now, we just gotta see what we can do about invading those US oil fields! :lol:

The reason for the difference is taxes.. Australia has much higher taxes on gasoline then the US.. In the US, I believe that the federal tax on gasoline is only something like 14 cents per gallon or so.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 22:01 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

mynamenotbob wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:
The looks didn't change. I believe that a change to the steering was the only major change between 2011 and 2012.. Love mine..

Me too. The only complaint I have is if you put any pressure on that cheap armrest, the plastic under the padding cracks.

I don't even use the armrest as it's too low for my taste.. This is just a minor thing.. The riding comfort, handling, fuel economy and overall ride quality are really great! I'm happy with my choice.. I was also considering the Chevy Cruze but the higher sticker price for the ECO version as also the styling made me go with the Elantra. In my opinion, the Elantra is the best looking large compact/small mid-size car in the US!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 09:29 
More Block Than Bite

Nice looking car pushblocker :up: ... I just got a new car myself, a 2011 Honda CR-V (2012's not out yet), which is a smaller suv. Needed more room for new arrival. Much easier maneuvaring a car seat in the CR-V than my old car (Nissan Sentra). I noticed you slipped a pic of your vette in there as well... very nice, I love the older models :) .

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 12:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Pushblocker wrote:
Oskar wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

The reason for the difference is taxes.. Australia has much higher taxes on gasoline then the US.. In the US, I believe that the federal tax on gasoline is only something like 14 cents per gallon or so.

Wow, you're right. In Aus, about half (or a bit more) what we pay per litre is tax.

We also have wide open spaces which requires a good size tank to traverse them. Quite a few times that I've driven to Queensland, about a 2000km trip. Have never driven to Perth but I'd love to...that's almost 4000km. Its about an 800km trip between Haggisv and myself. So PRW is another 3200km on from Haggsiv for me :o Its cheaper to fly!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 12:28 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Dawg15 wrote:
Nice looking car pushblocker :up: ... I just got a new car myself, a 2011 Honda CR-V (2012's not out yet), which is a smaller suv. Needed more room for new arrival. Much easier maneuvaring a car seat in the CR-V than my old car (Nissan Sentra). I noticed you slipped a pic of your vette in there as well... very nice, I love the older models :) .

Toyota, Mazda and Honda are the best made cars in Australia IMO. The "New Asian" cars like Hyundai and Kia have started to improve their build quality, but until a few years ago were "disposable cars". Hyundai has certainly lifted its game in the last few years, and now Kia is following suit.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 22:16 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Dawg15 wrote:

I like the CRV's! Nice vehicles! They are in the same market segment as the Jeep..
BTW, I bought the Jeep in Georgia (I see that you are in Georgia)..

Bought it at James O'Neal in Bremen, about 1 hour northwest of Atlanta...

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 22:19 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Wow, you're right. In Aus, about half (or a bit more) what we pay per litre is tax.

We also have wide open spaces which requires a good size tank to traverse them. Quite a few times that I've driven to Queensland, about a 2000km trip. Have never driven to Perth but I'd love to...that's almost 4000km. Its about an 800km trip between Haggisv and myself. So PRW is another 3200km on from Haggsiv for me :o Its cheaper to fly!

The US isn't too small either... However, the population density is a little higher here :D
I get about 400 miles or so (640km) with one tank of gas with the Elantra. That should be good enough for Australia...

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 22:48 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Have never driven to Perth but I'd love to...that's almost 4000km. Its about an 800km trip between Haggisv and myself. So PRW is another 3200km on from Haggsiv for me :o Its cheaper to fly!

just down the road, Reb..... a fairly long road, but just down the road! ;)

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011, 23:08 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Pushblocker wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

The US isn't too small either... However, the population density is a little higher here :D
I get about 400 miles or so (640km) with one tank of gas with the Elantra. That should be good enough for Australia...

Is that a 50 litre tank? My Camry V6 will do about 800km on a 70 litre tank.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 03:05 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Is that a 50 litre tank? My Camry V6 will do about 800km on a 70 litre tank.

It's 12.8 gallons (48.5 liters) but I always fill up before I'm close to empty...

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 03:49 
More Block Than Bite

Pushblocker wrote:
I like the CRV's! Nice vehicles! They are in the same market segment as the Jeep..

I'm not all that far from Bremen, actually used to ride motorcycles there when I was younger. That's a long way for you to travel for a car, did you make the deal online and just pick it up there or something? Either way I do like the CR-V, much more room than what I am used to. I got it at Team Honda west of Atlanta :) .

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 04:28 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Dawg15 wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:

I'm not all that far from Bremen, actually used to ride motorcycles there when I was younger. That's a long way for you to travel for a car, did you make the deal online and just pick it up there or something? Either way I do like the CR-V, much more room than what I am used to. I got it at Team Honda west of Atlanta :) .

They had the car advertised on the Autotrader.. I called them if it was still available and as it was still available, I left them a deposit with credit card over the phone.. Flew up to Atlanta 2 days later and they picked me up from the Airport and brought me to the dealership.. Drove the car back home the same day.. It's less than 500 miles.. Not too bad of a drive.

Actually, I just checked on the map and it's actually west and not northwest of Atlanta.. It was about 1 hour drive from the airport.

BTW, I actually went across my state to get the Elantra.. Went to St. Augustine on the Florida East Coast as I couldn't find a deal in my area.