OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 14:33 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
With all that has happened in Paris in the last few days I am wondering if our French members here are all ok?

Very sad what has occurred there. I'm sure the entire forum's thoughts and prayers go out to Parisians at this time.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 15:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes it's absolutely horrible! ;( ;( ;(

I also do hope our French friends here are OK, It would be great to hear from them, and tell us a little about what it's like in France at the moment. :( :( :(

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 16:13 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

It is so sad. :(
I haven't turned the TV on because I don't want to see those images.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 21:48 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Take care & stay safe our thoughts & prayers are with you all :| ;( :(

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 20:59 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

This (link) is important.

In my view this open letter, claimed to be a joint effort from "hundreds of muslim leaders and scholars", is more important than any initiative from states, from any region of the world, be it military, economic, philosophical or otherwise, to fight back the terror which claims to build on Islam.

Whether that source claim is true or not, the mere content and structure of arguing supports its credibility.
It poses a forceful statement against much of the evil we see in the world.

Let us hope that it reaches those who sit on the fence, not yet decided whether they should support the movement or not.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 22:03 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I couldn't get that to render in a way that was readable Keme. Does it need particular settings to display it properly?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 22:29 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

By the looks of it, the page has multiple layers, and I am not sure whether it controlled through HTML5, Flash, Silverlight, Javascript or something else. It is on a "SumoMe" publishing service, so probably using the AppSumo presentation tool. I tested it in several browsers on several OS platforms, and in some cases it is a convoluted mess.
Too bad that they chose presentation over accessibility.

Here is a link to download the letter itself. First half is the English translation, followed by the Arabic original.
Edit: For myself I must say that anything beyond the "executive summary" requires ample time and more than a few readings to digest. Still worth reading if you are interested in learning something about the philosophy and legal matters (and also the manners of speech) in the Arab world.

While it does not address the recent events in Paris explicitly, I felt that the letter has a clear bearing on this case too. Otherwise I would have opened a new thread. I hope that nobody takes offense at this, seeing that it bears the message that "not all Muslims are evil". Neither my posting here nor that open letter is intended to make excuses for the people responsible for the attacks.

I just think that it shines a light in the dark, in several ways.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!