OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2021, 23:33 
Super User

Read the comments too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ul0e6lw130

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2021, 06:52 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Thanks!

15 minutes of ignorance was all I could manage today, and this goes on for 5 straight hours. Seriously? Fortunately YouTube offers a speed control. 50% increase was about right.

I may have a sensible conclusion some time in August. Or I may have lost my wits by then. Wish me luck!

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2021, 16:43 
Super User

Well then you are well and truly missing out.

Did you see the pics of San Francisco,St.Petersburg and many other large cities with no people present in the shots?

Around 22 minutes up to 35 minutes from memory.

I gave got through just under two hours and i have to agree in full with the comments - truly amazing presentation.

It appears we are on track for another 'Great Reset' The last one possibly being around the early 1800's At least according to the narrator of the documentary.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2021, 17:32 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
Did you see the pics of San Francisco,St.Petersburg and many other large cities with no people present in the shots?

That was the second time I laughed. Clearly the most obvious ignorance telltale in the 15 min section I mentioned.

Before 1850, every photograph made was using the "daguerreotype" technology. That means slow optosensitive media and mostly the original "Chevalier lens" configuration of around f/14. Exposure time in midday bright sunlight was typically 90 sec - 5 min. Early morning and late afternoon would easily require half an hour for proper exposure.

With long exposures, anything that moves significantly in relation to the camera will be invisible in the finished picture.
  • Buildings don't move much.
    For the subject of photography, they can be said to be perfectly stationary. You get a sharp and detailed image.
  • Shadows move a little.
    Sunlight shadows of stationary objects move smoothly and evenly, which will usually (somewhat dependent on shape) give a more or less sharp image of the area where the exposure's start shadow and finish shadow overlap.
  • Horses move when they want to, or are told to.
    Horses are able to stand still for surprisingly long, in particular when they are in harness before a cart.
    Contrary to popular belief, horses do not fall totally asleep while standing, but they do doze while standing upright, for perhaps 10-30 minutes.
  • People move around.
    • You just try to sit completely still for 90 seconds. I know you can do it, but you won't like it.
    • Sit for a daguerreotype portrait for 5 minutes, you'll appear as a ghost, at best. I promise.
    • Now try the same standing up. Unable to stand still, you will more or less vanish from view. Or perhaps you are a horse.

Many of the later images were made differently. Higher sensitivity plate cameras were invented, and larger (brighter) lenses were utilized, so exposure times quickly dropped to a second or so, which would also capture moving objects. This came at the slight expense of image geometry, contrast and detail.

So, "all of a suddenly", there be people in the pictures. Magic, no?

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 03:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I recently discovered that you can change the viewing speed of YouTube videos. I've been using 2X on occasion - usually for those "List of top 15 whatever whatever" videos. I can see where this would be useful for watching Flat Earth stuff. B-O-R-I-N-G.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 05:04 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

iskandar taib wrote:
... I can see where this would be useful for watching Flat Earth stuff. B-O-R-I-N-G.

Boring? You think?

I used to think so too. Now I have strangely developed a liking for this. It is fascinating what connections some (seemingly quite intelligent) people can make out of the blue, and even make other people believe. Then again, I am generally fascinated by people's minds, how relationships work one-on-one and in groups, and how powerful language is.

Granted, it takes a bit of mental effort and some time to dig out the good stuff from those sources. I am grateful to mac33 for locating those treasures, but it is still a challenge to pry out the gems from there.

A couple (One of the core statements of the recent video seems to be that "everything is a power station", so we take it from there):
  • Out of the blue: The best shape to make a strong magnet is the arc, or horseshoe magnet. A magnet is made out of iron. A stronger magnet can be made by sending electricity through a wire coiled around a piece of iron. The Arc de Triomphe is one of the largest arc constructions we know, and there is iron in it ...
  • Language revision: A cathode is an electrical process connection point. A cathedral must then be an electricity processor. The religious connotation is merely a disguise.

Note that I have only briefly touched this specimen, so considering minute detail I may be misrepresenting statements or mixing up objects, but this is the level of science we are dealing with.

And it is all founded on irrefutable facts. ;)

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 16:17 
Super User

I have to agree with you Keme that the latest video posted is a treasure.

A treasure of treasures to be exact.

I have watched the first two hours twice now as this new knowledge is not so easy to digest.

The pics of the large cities with no people is damning but 'thankfully' we have 'fact checkers' that are able to come up with something / anything to de-bunk this evidence.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2021, 22:34 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
... but 'thankfully' we have 'fact checkers' that are able to come up with something / anything ...
Exactly!

As I see it, discussing this up front, without any personal/hostile argument to speak of, makes this a win-win situation of sorts:

• You, and other forwarders of the "conspiracy theories" in question, get an overview of how those theories may be challenged. This enables you to contribute to refining the presentations, to counter or avoid those challenges, if you believe that the challenges are "real" (as in sufficiently plausible to require counteraction), and thereby better expose the conspiracy.
  • I, and other supporters of the "mainstream theories" about the world order, get the opportunity to locate the arenas of what we see as demagoguery, and counter any initiatives we see as detrimental to community, humanity or "life as we know it".

A quote from Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam may be a fitting closing comment to this:
In the end I'll know, but on the way I wonder [wander]
On the road to find out

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 03:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The problem is I've pretty much seen it all. The arguments never change, it's all based on some deliberate misunderstanding or another, often on a monumental level. The same arguments get brought up again and again and again, and even though they've been debunked again and again and again, they just ignore it and make more videos with the same arguments. I've even gotten tired of debunking videos - because they have to cover the same ground over and over again. Actual flat-earther videos are pretty much unwatchable in any case - like all conspiracy advocacy videos they drone on and on and never get to the point.

As I said, B-O-R-I-N-G. Not worth engaging with any more. As I've said in the past, as far as conspiracy theories go, it's relatively harmless and can be ignored, like marijuana. Q-Anon and Trumpism are actually worth worrying about.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2021, 16:14 
Super User

Yah all got to still love spinning ball earthers.

Arguably the most religious people on this plan it.

I mean realm.

Nothing going to come in the way of their absolute devotion to their spherical land,space and NASA.

Yah still got to love them all the same.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2021, 15:31 
Super User

Four very short videos in the link that are mega fascinating and a great read too.

http://www.unariunwisdom.com/tartaria-m ... Empire.%20

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2022, 23:55 
Super User

A new documentary called Level was released in 2021.

Fascinating viewing. Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYtAXx-ff30

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2022, 03:25 
Super User

Still the best flat earth interview i have yet listened to.

At 25-50 to 26-10 the blonde girl finally gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcyI_ih1S4

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2022, 09:13 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
Still the best flat earth interview i have yet listened to.

At 25-50 to 26-10 the blonde girl finally gets it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcyI_ih1S4

Same thing you told us eight hundred and two days ago. Running outta stuff now, are we?

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2022, 03:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

*Sigh* At least this isn't as sad as all those videos of vaccine deniers dying of COVID.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 64  Next