OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Sep 2020, 16:57


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 57  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 02:21 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 9609
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1173 times
Try the Red Tube Experiment.



"Yah!!?? Yah!!??"

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 05:12 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 758
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 20 times
I take it this video is proof the horizon does not rise to eye level?

The spirit level is on the bottom lol.

When you look thru the tube it appears the wind is blowing the horizon up and down.

On a plane the horizon is always at eye level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 06:25 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 18:38
Posts: 39
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Blade: stiga ebenholz nct VII
please respond to science with science.not with observations from your car.
to believe only in your eyes for something that your eyes can't see as a whole is a choice.not a fact.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 11:58 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 9609
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1173 times
Nope.. that video DOES show that the horizon does not rise to eye level. This is typical of what happens when flat earthers propose experiments that "show" that the Earth is flat. They often never actually get around to doing the experiment. If they do they find it doesn't work the way they thought it would, or someone else does it and it doesn't turn out the way they thought it would, and the experiment actually shows the Earth is a globe. And then they try to make up excuses (like Mac here) to explain why the experiment doesn't show what they want it to show. Why on Earth (or Mars, for that matter :lol: ) should it matter if the level is below or above the tube???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Wind is blowing the horizon".. :lol:

And then, when all else fails, they just try to cover it up. A couple of other failed experiments:



FF to 4:35

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 17:41 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 758
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 20 times
I encourage you all to go to the beach and do your own experiments. The horizon at the beach is always perfectly horizontal. When travelling on a plane so long as the window is not curved the horizon is still horizontal. Interestingly when on a plane if it's a clear day you should be able to see over huge distances especially if you have a zoom camera on hand. We could be talking well over a hundred miles depending on conditions.

With all these photos available that are taken through curved lenses or part curved lenses producing curved images to varying degrees you basically have to discount them as evidence.

Most globe believers do so based on trust. Actually ALL globe earthers belief is based on trust not on their observations and doing their own experiments like the straight edge across the horizon experiment which is a very easy and valid experiment.

Regarding the horizon always rises to eye level - the point being whether you are on a beach,a hill,a mountain or on a plane your view of the horizon does not change. On a plane at 35 000 feet you should obviously be looking down more at the horizon compared to if you were standing on a beach looking at the horizon. On a plane were the earth a sphere the horizon should be dropping away at each side. It does not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 17:51 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 9609
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1173 times
*Sigh*.

Or so he says. He hasn't tried ANY of this stuff, other than trying to see if the horizon is really flat, which we've already established he can't do unless he can see deviations of thousandths of an inch at the end of a foot straightedge. Like Subirats, he TALKS up a storm, but doesn't actually PROVE anything.

To flat earthers, "do your own research" means watching more YouTube videos.

Here's a bunch of things people like Mac keep saying over and over again and think it's true. Like "Water finds its own level". Or "The horizon always rises to eye level". Where do they get these things? Flat Earth videos, of course. Talk about indoctrination.



Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 18:51 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 758
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 20 times
A 6 mile distance on a 25 000 mile circumference sphere works out to be a 24 foot drop from water level. Google earth curvature chart.

You're at a beach and you see an island 6 miles out to sea from just above water level. Now if the island is less than 24 feet high in elevation then according to globe earthers you will not see it.

Put a straight edge across the horizon and provided the water is completely calm you will see the 24 foot high island above the straight edge.

Basically the globe earthers on this forum are saying there is no way anyone can detect the earths curvature for themselves. We just have to leave it up to the experts who can get in to space to provide those beautiful curved images for our consumption.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 20:44 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 9609
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1173 times
mac33 wrote:
A 6 mile distance on a 25 000 mile circumference sphere works out to be a 24 foot drop from water level. Google earth curvature chart.


Errr.... and this shows what?

Attachment:
Yodelcurve1.jpg
Yodelcurve1.jpg [ 90.74 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]


mac33 wrote:
You're at a beach and you see an island 6 miles out to sea from just above water level. Now if the island is less than 24 feet high in elevation then according to globe earthers you will not see it.


Attachment:
Yodelcurve3.jpg
Yodelcurve3.jpg [ 34.82 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]


Why are the bottoms of the buildings not visible over the curve?

mac33 wrote:
Put a straight edge across the horizon and provided the water is completely calm you will see the 24 foot high island above the straight edge.


Probably because it's two miles away... :lol:

mac33 wrote:
Basically the globe earthers on this forum are saying there is no way anyone can detect the earths curvature for themselves.


Nope.. You're the one who says we say that. We say the curve's visible. (Just not side to side.)

Attachment:
Yodelcurve2.jpg
Yodelcurve2.jpg [ 68.99 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]


Blabby shark do do do do doot doot, blabby shark do do do do doot doot..

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 21:53 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 18:38
Posts: 39
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Blade: stiga ebenholz nct VII
mac33 wrote:
I encourage you all to go to the beach and do your own experiments. The horizon at the beach is always perfectly horizontal. When travelling on a plane so long as the window is not curved the horizon is still horizontal. Interestingly when on a plane if it's a clear day you should be able to see over huge distances especially if you have a zoom camera on hand. We could be talking well over a hundred miles depending on conditions.

With all these photos available that are taken through curved lenses or part curved lenses producing curved images to varying degrees you basically have to discount them as evidence.

Most globe believers do so based on trust. Actually ALL globe earthers belief is based on trust not on their observations and doing their own experiments like the straight edge across the horizon experiment which is a very easy and valid experiment.

Regarding the horizon always rises to eye level - the point being whether you are on a beach,a hill,a mountain or on a plane your view of the horizon does not change. On a plane at 35 000 feet you should obviously be looking down more at the horizon compared to if you were standing on a beach looking at the horizon. On a plane were the earth a sphere the horizon should be dropping away at each side. It does not.

so you assume that if you can't see something , then it does'nt exist.
For example since you can't see with your own eyes molecules and atoms, maybe they dont exist because all microscopes are produced by companies and doctors that participate to a consipacy.
i am just trying to understand why you trust only your eyes and nothing else.and why you consider your assumptions valid since they are not proven through a scientific process.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 00:06 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 20 Dec 2019, 23:57
Posts: 3
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
mac33 wrote:
Once upon a time I thought this theory was pure bull....

Now....not so sure.

You can see the Chicago skyline across Michigan Bay from Canada.

That's 60 miles across and no curvature. It should be under 2400 ft of curvature.



Watch from the second hour - fascinating viewing.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7UuW9CqhB ... wFRLVpvHXw



Thank you, I really thought it over. Then he showed it to his father and brother. Now they think I'm crazy, a joke)) :D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 02:30 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 9609
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1173 times
modeplagal wrote:
so you assume that if you can't see something , then it does'nt exist.
For example since you can't see with your own eyes molecules and atoms, maybe they dont exist because all microscopes are produced by companies and doctors that participate to a consipacy.
i am just trying to understand why you trust only your eyes and nothing else.and why you consider your assumptions valid since they are not proven through a scientific process.


It's a psychological condition. It's called being "woke". :lol: In essence, it makes him feel exclusive because he's part of this small set of people who are "woke" while everyone else are the unwashed masses. This leads to close-mindedness, indoctrination and brainwashing, all the stuff he accuses us of.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 07:31 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Mar 2015, 14:09
Posts: 209
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 32 times
iskandar taib wrote:
modeplagal wrote:
so you assume that if you can't see something , then it does'nt exist.
For example since you can't see with your own eyes molecules and atoms, maybe they dont exist because all microscopes are produced by companies and doctors that participate to a consipacy.
i am just trying to understand why you trust only your eyes and nothing else.and why you consider your assumptions valid since they are not proven through a scientific process.


It's a psychological condition. It's called being "woke". :lol: In essence, it makes him feel exclusive because he's part of this small set of people who are "woke" while everyone else are the unwashed masses. This leads to close-mindedness, indoctrination and brainwashing, all the stuff he accuses us of.

Iskandar

The tragedy of our times is that we have unprecedented amounts of information available to us but we consistently choose to ignore everything which doesn't fit with our belief system. For whatever bizarre reason, mac has chosen to believe that he knows better than 99.99% of all the scientists on earth. Regardless of how we respond to him, regardless of whatever information we provide him with, he will consistently ignore it in favour of his own lunacy. FWIW, mac doesn't actually "trust only [his] eyes and nothing else". There's lots of stuff he sees which he chooses to discount, e.g. the refraction of light, and there's lots of stuff he can't see which he does trust, e.g. he doesn't seem to have a problem with the concept of sub-atomic particles. Equally, he does trust science. After all, he uses a computer which is the direct result of scientific endeavour. However, he makes a deliberate choice to focus upon one particular part of science and then refuses to accept what we all know to be true.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 07:42 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Mar 2015, 14:09
Posts: 209
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 32 times
mac, I posted this months ago. How come you've never, ever responded to a video which clearly demonstrates the curvature of the earth? Please explain.

[/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 09:41 
Offline
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2007, 12:57
Posts: 5592
Location: USA
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 178 times
Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
mac knows the earth is a globe. The only thing he cares about is how big an argument he can cause. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 20:58 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 23 Oct 2009, 02:57
Posts: 758
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 20 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckq23t_uE4U


Look at the ship at 3-45 then the camera zooms back in and the ship disappears out of view. Proof it never went below any curve.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 57  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group