OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2014, 04:18 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
If you go to the middle of the table you are likely to find out pretty quick whether the opponent is a forehand dominant player as they will move around to play on forehand. It might not mean though that backhand is weak.

Yeah, as in you will get creamed!

My 2 cent opinion is to make them move to return the ball, and if possible, make them switch FH to BH or visa versa, and try to mix in inverted chops and pips blocks that look like chops to make everything unpredictable, to the point where they don't trust their ability to land an attack ball, and then *I* want to attack hard and fast with something ugly at the first opportunity before they recover their senses.

Against those who are not elite amatures, this is a good way to go in general. The lower you go, the more unforced errors and many of those come from in inability to move into position and hit a consistent shot. Some of those errors come from spin variation. Always land the chop deep as you can. Sometimes, a player crowds the table and if you get it back deep right at their crossover, if they are too mesmorized to step around in time, you get a point. I also agree that when you can get an opponent to miss enough to want to play "safe"... you start decisively attacking for winners those balls and that opponent becomes scared shytless afraid to do anything.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014, 03:02 
Super User

The problem with burying everything deep into the backhand is that a lot of right handed loopers are very adept at playing from there and may have specialized shots. Like I have a shot that is a slow but low arch loop-I hit this shot when the defender keeps chopping deep to my backhand. I set him up by looping hard into his backhand with my strongest/fastest loop drive, and when he chops the next ball -if it bounces above net height-I use this low arch loop that I keep out on the sponge and rubber of my paddle-this produces a loop that hits and jumps directly into the the ground which only has come back a hand full of times in 1000's of matches over my lifetime.

My best advice keep the chop so it hits and drives if possible, and move it around-use some side spin if you can-of he has run around to his backhand -feed him a chop short to his forehand. I also advocate the mostly sidespin loop if the rally is getting away from you (if you have a forehand)-at leaat it takes your opponent out of his groove.

Ian

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 12:17 

middle mostly but depend on the situation.