OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 04:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Choosing when to attack
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 00:16 

Split from sticky introductory topic

I approve of this thread. I play with PF4 and .5mm sponge on my backhand, and am really enjoying using it as an offensive weapon. I am by nature an attacker, looking to get my forehand in play whenever possible - but my teammates are complaining that my attacks with the LP are *much* more dangerous when i get them right as they are fast, with lots of funky stuff going on. Trying to do it more consistently is the problem right now for me, as is picking the right ball to attack. Slow, light topspins I can murder, but anything with heavy chop or very fast top, i have to either cut or sideswipe/block.

and my chickening out setup..
Donic Waldner Allplay
Stiga Boost TC 2.0 forehand
Stiga Boost TC 1.8 backhand

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 01:29 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
boosttc wrote:
I approve of this thread. I play with PF4 and .5mm sponge on my backhand, and am really enjoying using it as an offensive weapon. I am by nature an attacker, looking to get my forehand in play whenever possible - but my teammates are complaining that my attacks with the LP are *much* more dangerous when i get them right as they are fast, with lots of funky stuff going on. Trying to do it more consistently is the problem right now for me, as is picking the right ball to attack. Slow, light topspins I can murder, but anything with heavy chop or very fast top, i have to either cut or sideswipe/block.

Boosttc, I assume you mean [TSP Curl] P4 (and not PF4, which is a tacky inverted rubber) ?

185g

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 01:36 

so_devo wrote:
boosttc wrote:

Boosttc, I assume you mean [TSP Curl] P4 (and not PF4, which is a tacky inverted rubber) ?

Yes, I do - must have been subliminal imprinting, I was playing AGAINST some PF4 last night...so just my stupid brain playing tricks on me...

and my chickening out setup..
Donic Waldner Allplay
Stiga Boost TC 2.0 forehand
Stiga Boost TC 1.8 backhand

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2013, 04:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Nice topic!

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2013, 19:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
So what balls do you attack? Surely any deep topspin balls is not easy to attack, especially when it's low?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2013, 23:18 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
I use 755 OX red on BBC Double Diamond (thanks nathanso), all underspins are attackable, just the blade angle difference. They are best to attack when these underspins are short and heavy. Love those players who served short and underspins. :)

Now for the deep top spins, as long as they are not supper spinny, more like a top spin drive, they can be attackable only when you are there, you are ready, your body is behind the ball; I have tried many times when a live player and with the machine.
And again, it is the variation of the blade angle.