OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2014, 18:49 
Super User

After the first loop, make sure your racket stays up. The second ball requires no backswing, just hit it or counter loop it.

Racket up -- go forward --- see if you're leaning forward.

Generally this is ALWAYS a problem of dropping the racket down too low and / or leaning back on the next loop....

And make sure you're hitting the ball on the top side of the ball, since it will have topspin coming back to you.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 04:32 
Super User

carbonman wrote:
foam wrote:
Korbel indeed! half asleep as usual. I saw a video of him hitting at your club, seemed to have everyone totally bamboozaled :rofl: :up:

Without trying to labour the point, there was no real bamboozling or great variation associated with Korbel playing 2400+ players. He is just RIDICULOUSLY good. I was lucky enough to have a hit with him for 5 minutes or so and got him to go through his array of serves. I was actually surprised that they were not really that heavy or deceptive. Nevertheless, even though i could return his serves reasonably well, im sure he could have made a mess of my returns if he wanted.

Do you recall if those serves had more side than back? I've been told this about high level/pro serves but never went to verify.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 10:12 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

agenthex wrote:
Do you recall if those serves had more side than back? I've been told this about high level/pro serves but never went to verify.

We weren't playing a match so I couldn't really get an idea of the ratio of side to backspin. Whilst the serves werent heavy they were of course very well placed - a good mixture of short and half-long serves from a variety of angles.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 14:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

foam wrote:
With inverted choppers you cant hit very fast loops and still clear the net really. Always too much spin and too low.
Got no clue if this is inverted or not but this is the kind of stroke a proper chopper players no matter the rubber http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZobHoU7blk It always looks verrrry smooth, note the extreme fine cut on the ball, they have no problem playing those over the top of the table, very different to the blade angle an offensive player pushes with.

Definitely inverted both sides. She loops on the backhand now and then (around 2:50) without twiddling, using the red side. I suppose a "normal" chopper would also have inverted on the forehand, so the stroke and spin would be similar.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 20:19 
Incredible Shrinking Man

Korbel is a fantastic player.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2014, 23:10 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
If it wasn't variation Carbo, what made him so good? If it was just pushing, blocking and fishing, was it just his placement and consistency?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2014, 01:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

foam wrote:
Got no clue if this is inverted or not but this is the kind of stroke a proper chopper players no matter the rubber It always looks verrrry smooth, note the extreme fine cut on the ball, they have no problem playing those over the top of the table, very different to the blade angle an offensive player pushes with.

You know what's so cool about this video. Most videos of choppers are taken from the ends of the court, so you never get to see the stroke from the side. This one's from the side and slightly in front, so you can really see the stroke.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!