OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2021, 11:25 

Blade: XIOM MUV 5.5S Hyspin
Hello all,

I am glad to be part of this wonderful community. I am 43 years old living in Melbourne, and used to play table tennis about 28 years ago when we had a table tennis table in our college hostel. I am an itermediate level social player I would say. Recently I got a decent table (XIOM T5) to put in my garage, and spent a few hudred dollards to upgrade lighting. I came across this forum when I was looking for advice about which rackets to buy. What an amazing group of people this forum is.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2021, 03:22 

Blade: dr neubauer
FH: pf4
BH: pf4
:topspin: :Chop:
I CAN PLAY!
I am incredibly fast.
You might see my companies logo... However, this is not spam

My favorite blade is probably My Dr Neubauer Grand Master... With REVSPIN on both sides. I'm not a fan of dual rubbers. I also hate the term "rubbers". In America that is also slang for a condom. I would prefer PLASTIC. As in what type of plastic do you have on your blade... I always keep 8 blades. That is the max I allow myself as I'm an addict. I own more than 3 grand in blades and I just started a year ago. PF4 is my favorite plastic. Its cheep. I'm a defensive player and I'm 90% backhand.

Timo Boll IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER. He doesn't get all excited and lose emotional control like a dork.

I know ALLOT about blades. There are 4 of us that play just about every night. Allot of experimenting. I also have a Donic Defplay Senso I play with. It has Dr Neubauer special defense.

I'm starting to believe. The rubber is 90% of it.

Attachments:
2GRG2_HOME_LOANS_IN_SEATTLE_WASHINGTON.png
2GRG2_HOME_LOANS_IN_SEATTLE_WASHINGTON.png [ 10.71 KiB | Viewed 119692 times ]

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 15:40 

Blade: OSP Expert CRWi FL
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P max
BH: Dr. N. Aggressor 1,3mm
Hello everybody ,
I am 53 years Old , I am advanced player in my country - Czech Republic.
Mxy playing style is FH - aggressive game , BH disruptive pimples.
In the past I played 30years with inverted rubber on BH side.
I played with many pimples , 8 years with LP OX LP , and now 4,5 year with medium pimples , today with K.O. 1,3mm.
I am big fan and tester of table tennis blades.
I am active on czech table tennis forum - see my last review
https://www.tt-sport.cz/index.php/forum ... -off#64647
Nice day!

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2021, 01:02 

Hello everyone and have a good game.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2021, 04:56 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C Max
BH: DMS Sabotage .5 Black
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading and following what has been posted here since I returned to playing TT over 3 years ago. Since then I have learned so much but have never posted a message.

I am 60 yrs old and have been playing TT off and on since I was 15 or so. I live in North Eastern Pennsylvania in the USA. At one point about 20 years ago I had been rated almost 2000 but life interrupted I was never quite able to get there and ended with a solid 1958 rating before not playing much. I did enter few tournaments here and there and then of course my rating suffered. I have always enjoyed the challenge of playing with different types of rubber on my racquet but have always had my best results playing with inverted on both sides. When I returned to TT recently I decided I was going to learn to chop and have been working on that to the point where I finally feel that I that I can call myself a modern defender.

I do want to thank everyone that regularly posts here for all of the invaluable information that I have acquired these past few years and I hope that some day I can return the favor and contribute something worthwhile to this community.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2021, 21:46 

My name is Dave. I have a story to share with this community. I wrote it many years ago; it’s about my experience and privilege of playing Table Tennis at lunchtime in “The Barrelhouse” at work during the 80’s and early 90’s. The main player in this true story was a 10 time Texas State Champion.

Is this the appropriate sub-forum to post this story?

Thank you!
Dave

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2021, 10:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Dave B wrote:
My name is Dave. I have a story to share with this community. I wrote it many years ago; it’s about my experience and privilege of playing Table Tennis at lunchtime in “The Barrelhouse” at work during the 80’s and early 90’s. The main player in this true story was a 10 time Texas State Champion.

Is this the appropriate sub-forum to post this story?

Thank you!
Dave

Welcome Dave!

It's probably best to post it in the 'General' section, that way more people are likely to see it as well.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2021, 19:40 

Thought I would introduce myself, been lurking around for a couple of months now learning about anti, LP's and getting to know the top proponents of dark side users in the world. Great and helpful forum indeed :up:

Last edited by ZFT on 06 Nov 2021, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2021, 02:41 

Blade: Andro CI off
FH: Yinhe moonproedium
BH: Joola zack
Hello im from indonesia. 36y.o and just playing tt for 2years.

Blade:treiber ci off+joola zack+moonpro medium
:yinhe V14pro+yinhe apollo V+yasaka mark V Hps

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2021, 00:13 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Hi my name is Nick. I'm 32(33 in 13 days) years old.
I played TT for a few years when I was about 20 years old and got the TT bug. I was a double inverted player and got to a lvl where I was competing vs top 100-300 in England UK ranking. I then quit for 6-7 years and came back to TT after knee surgeries and played for about a year. Quit again for another knee surgery (hopefully last) and here I am playing again.

I am now using LPs OX on BH trying to learn the ways of the dark side hoping to compete again in a few years time.

I work as a Theatre Support Assistant in one of the biggest hospitals in London.

Other hobbies are all out the window as I'm a new baby daddy lol

I stumbled on this website few years back when I wanted to become a modern defender and needed information about LPs

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2021, 07:16 

Blade: YEO (cpen)
FH: DHS Skyline TG3 Neo 2.15
BH: DHSHurricane3-50 soft 2.1
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd drop by an say "hi". I've just joined the forum. My friends call me Howie. I used to play regularly at school and a bit whist at uni, but that was some 15ish years ago. With lockdown having taken us all by storm for over a year or so, I really want to get back into doing some regular sports to keep myself active, and I wanted to get back into playing TT regularly again. Am going to be 37 this year, so there's a part of me that's also wondering if it's too old to get back into playing TT regularly, and maybe casual competitive local leagues etc.

I had played a little bit again a few years back and was using a CPen Yinhe T11+ with a Friendship 729 Focus 3 Snipe on my FH. I rarely play the back side. Have just built a new bat using the same Cpen Yinhe T11+ base (I like the fact it's fast), but with a DHS Neo Hurricane 3 mounted to the FH, with short pips Winning NP-8 on the backhand for those just in case shots.

Hoping to get to know you guys, and make some TT friends in the process =)

H

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2021, 12:38 

Blade: Butterfly Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-S 52.5
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64
My name is evilgu and I am from Shanghai, China.
My blade is butterfly Viscaria, I use tibhar mxp for forehand and butterfly T64 for backhand.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2021, 18:42 

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Yinhe moonproedium
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Hi, nice to meet you guys. My name is Vanessa, I'm 23 years old, I started playing table tennis 5 years ago. One day I got interested in how it works and I started learning)) I don't belong to any club yet, but that's just for now. I still have a lot to learn, but I am trying very hard and going forward to success in this field. In the beginning, the game was like a hobby for me, but now it is growing into something more. So I want to wish everyone good luck in your endeavors, or already in a long game that leads you to your dreams. :)

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2021, 13:42 

Blade: wilson
FH: doublehappiness hurricane
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
Hello everyone, I'm new here c:

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2021, 11:22 

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Donic Barracuda 2.0mm
BH: Dawei 388D Provincial OX
Hey everyone, great to be a part of a forum of fellow table tennis players!

Based in Melb, Victoria (Australia). Started playing when I was about 5 years old at home, started playing at club (Dandenong) at about age 10, some tournaments at MSAC up until I was about 15, then school got a bit much and other interests sadly took over plus an ankle injury didn't help.

From the very start I was a defensive player, in my early teen years (about 12-13) I switched to a double LP setup (DHS PF4-C8 OX, Tuple 911 on Kenny Pro FL) and absolutely loved it.

At 28 years of age and a gap of about 13 years from playing competitively, I'm just getting back into the game now. Trying different setups to work out what I like best, and will be interesting to see how far I can get! I play purely for the enjoyment, and consider myself to have a classical defensive style of playing.

Cannot wait until lockdowns end so I can start hitting again!

EDIT: I'm not part of any club or association currently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 167  Next