OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2019, 03:12 

Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Premium C
FH: butterfly tenergy 05 fx
BH: butterfly tenergy 05 fx
Hello :)
You play with balls but you certainly do not know how to make them :?:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2019, 07:19 

BH: straight
Interesting. Really thought the process would be more automated as there is a lot of manual involvement. I suspect that may be an outdated video as I cannot imagine any manufacturer giving away secrets especially when there are so few involved in the approved manufacturing process.
I'd really like to see how seamless balls are manufactured.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2019, 07:36 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
gradge wrote:
Interesting. Really thought the process would be more automated as there is a lot of manual involvement. I suspect that may be an outdated video as I cannot imagine any manufacturer giving away secrets especially when there are so few involved in the approved manufacturing process.
I'd really like to see how seamless balls are manufactured.

They are showing Nittaku celluloid balls in the beginning so I think yes, the video is outdated.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2019, 09:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Here is a comprehensive English commentary for the Japanese movie, by courtesy AsianDrum linguistic skill.
Be happy.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2019, 14:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

LANGHAMMER wrote:
Hello :)
You play with balls but you certainly do not know how to make them :?:

That's mostly plagiarized from this movie (which came out in 2013):

Igor's video is likewise plagiarized from the same video.

This is the only truly new one (and even this is two years old already):

shot at the DHS (probably the Minkow) factory in Shanghai and featuring the new ABS D40+ balls. The process is more or less the same.

What I'd like to see is how they make seamless balls - that would be totally different.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2019, 02:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SMELLY DHS ....

DHS technological scheme still using some unhealthy solvents to bond the ball halves together, some mineral spirits and acetone. Upon entering the glueing room you have a persistent buzz in head after a while. And the young ladies have to stay 8 hrs inside the working room, they all should be addict sniffers, I afraid.

https://youtu.be/g_oBgkMCSS8?t=173

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2023, 03:55 

Blade: A+
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Tenergy 64
The production process of a table tennis ball is an intricate one, with the necessary quality control standards making sure that only the highest-quality balls enter your possession.

The process of manufacturing a standard-size ping pong ball (40mm) involves several steps and extensive testing to guarantee its top performance. To begin with, rubber compounds are mixed together in a precisely controlled temperature and environment to ensure not only proper texture but also durability. After the rubber has been shaped into pellets it is then placed in molds where heat is applied – this process forces air out from the inside of the pellet until it forms into one solid piece (the final product). Further tests include bouncing height measurement on different surfaces and hardness testing because a good quality ball should have a consistent bounce and long enough service life. Even after reaching these quality assurance checkpoints, there’s still more that needs to be done as all balls must undergo imprinting for an attractive look before being spun onto rackets for packaging purposes.

Finally, each batch goes through further rigorous tests which include roundness measurement using lasers or optometers and rebound speed examination to ensure compliance with international standards before heading off to retailers worldwide!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2023, 12:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

https://youtu.be/MxFmGT37M94

High teck machinery is used by Nittaku in making a high quality products. Ultrasonic welding to get the ball halves together, neither acetone nor similar health hazard. Inhalation of the plastic powder would kill you before too long, of course.