OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2020, 22:47 

Blade: butterfly kumpuru fl
FH: neo hurricane 3
BH: friendship 837
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask for some advice from you guys as to what long pimple rubber I should change my backhand to. My current backhand rubber (friendship 837) doesn't suit the type of lp player I want to become and it has also lost a lot of its pips.

I've been playing friendship 837 with 1mm sponge for 2 years now (on and off) and it has been my first long pimple experience. I find that it doesn't fit my current play style of my backhand.

I am a very aggressive forehand player and I always try to focus on my attack with my forehand. My backhand has developed into more placing balls smartly and blocking attacks from the opposition. I never chop with my backhand but I am not very aggressive (mainly just counterattack and blocking). Here are some points for reference.

- I never chop with my backhand long pimples.
- I play more blocking and deflecting the ball, but I also try to attack and counterattack but my rubber isn't that good for counter attacking.
- I'm looking for good control so I can smartly and accurately counterattack (less power and more placement) and also be able to easily place the ball in awkward positions when they serve and push (more control with good spin effect)
- I don't have that much of a budget, so I'd prefer under 20AUD (15-17~USD)

I also have a few other questions regarding long pimples. Should I be using ox for my blocking, semi-aggressive game? It seems to fit what my play style is, but many people also say sponge is good for my play style. ( I want more control for my counterattacks and more effective blocks and tricky ball placements). Also, should I take into consideration my blade? It is very light, so does that mean I need to compensate with my backhand with sponge/no sponge? Keep in mind that I have been playing long pimples for quite some time, so I don't really want an 'easy to learn but not effective competitively' rubber.

Thanks in advance everyone.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2020, 09:25 
Super User

Consider Bomb Talent OX or with 0.5mm sponge and give it a try. You won't need to look no further thereafter. Good luck! ;)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2020, 09:37 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
755 ox is a good, cheap, blocking and hitting LP. From memory less then $10 aud

Rasanter chaos ox in my opinion is a even better hitting and blocking LP then 755 but retails for about $50 aud

PostPosted: 16 May 2021, 05:48 

Blade: Donic Dotec Impuls
FH: Glayzer 09C 1.9mm
BH: Diabolic Special
How about Yinhe Galaxy Neptune long pips, comes in .7mm sponge and it seems good for everything! I've been playing
with them for the last three years and not broken pip to date.

PostPosted: 18 May 2021, 16:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Since you want to develop an attack with the backhand, how about medium pips or short pips? 563 would be the cheapest to try... (See Fukuhara Ai or Ito Mima for reference..)

Iskandar

(Yes, s-jan bait... :lol: )

PostPosted: 19 May 2021, 23:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Lots of options. From your questions OX LP sounds good and 755 is (reportedly) better than 837 for hitting. I think Saviega V is also a good option. If you want to spend 35 US dollars pimple park cluster is a really good option.

But before you rush out and buy something new maybe you should ask yourself WHY 837 with sponge is not working. Specifically what is it doing and what is it doing well? Some introspection may help your decision process. I think as an LP user I have been way to quick to dump a LP when I should have kept with a LP and adjusted my technique.

In the OX vs sponge discussion there is a big difference. Maybe even using 837 in OX would work?

Good luck.