OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 00:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 00:32 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Hello all, long time. So excited about a new setup that I had never considered before.

After a 1.5 years of playing with double inverted (as a chopper), I have now switched back to Long Pips. Not sure if this will be permanent, but we'll see.

I got the new Joo blade by Nexy (From BogeyHunter) and really like it. I received a 89g version, and have it paired to 1.6mm Dtecs and MX-S. I got the Dtecs purely because I'm a dork and I loved the new "Acid Green" color they offer!

I also found it interesting that Joo now uses this blade, but with P3a and H3! (Totally different).

So far my impressions are that this blade has more flex, and less speed than the BTY JSH, but I really love it. I prefer the BTY for forehand loops, but it's close enough. The hand feel is great with the flared handle, probably the best I've ever had. It was a bit more difficult to twiddle though.

First of all, I have played Dtecs before in OX, 0.5, and 0.9mm. I hated it in all those thicknesses but prefered the thicker one. I completely expected this 1.6mm to completely suck, and be too fast, but wanted to try a thickness I had not tried before. I struggled the first day to get used it (unsurprisingly) and decided to try it in league anyway. So far I'm undefeated with it, but have yet to hit with any 2000+ players.

I'm surprised I don't find the 1.6mm too fast at all, unless you're hitting (which is kind of a good thing) and when you try to poke at the ball on short or no-spin balls. I'm also surprised at how much grip it actually does have in this thickness. I expected it to be slick as heck, just as it is in the other thicknesses. That was always a turn off to me. But pushing a push (horizontal, inverted style pushes) garnered several netted balls. Don't get me wrong, it's not like P4 or FL3 in that regard, but it was just as good as P-1R and sometimes better. Must really have to do with sponge.

Chopping felt amazing. Ah-maze-ing. The ball really sinks into the sponge and it's not bouncy when defending. That surprised me. I expected to send chops into outer space because of the tensor sponge. Instead, it felt like chopping with a slow inverted tensor, but with all the LP control.

Short game is good, insensitive to spin enough to be safe against weird spins, but that's not an issue for me, so I don't really care about serve safety. I prefer to return with inverted in general now and maybe return serves 30-40% of the time with the pips.

Pics to follow....

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Last edited by Japsican on 19 Oct 2021, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 00:38 

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 01:33 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Looks like you could not get a straight handle - they were sold out last time I checked. Unless you prefer FL one :) .

I also got a green Dtecs (could not resist...) but in OX on a blocking blade, just for fun.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 03:47 

pgpg wrote:
Looks like you could not get a straight handle - they were sold out last time I checked. Unless you prefer FL one :) .

I also got a green Dtecs (could not resist...) but in OX on a blocking blade, just for fun.

Hey my friend! I actually wanted the flare because I expected it to be similar to the BTY JSH. Strangely, while I prefer straight handles, I HATE the straight JSH blades.

For chopping, I see why some of my clubmates like the DTecs with sponge. The feeling is fantastic.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 03:57 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
Did the wings not annoy you? I found it extremely hard to twiddle because of this. Will put the blade up for sale.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 12:33 

mart1nandersson wrote:
Did the wings not annoy you? I found it extremely hard to twiddle because of this. Will put the blade up for sale.

Yeah, I think the wings are a bit in the way, but I played with the def play and had no trouble after a while. I think it’s just going to take time to get used to it.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 17:10 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
pgpg wrote:

That is true pgpg. We did our first order and sold out in under a week. Got another order with 3 ST and those went quick, Jaspican got our last FL one.

Nexy Korea is plumb OUT of ST handle JSH blades ATM, I got another batch of FL coming in, maybe see them in a week. All batches of the JSH blades I made sure went to Bogeyhunter's location, it would be an insult if we got these blades and he couldn't at least touch them.

A local player here named George bought a ST from each batch (one 85 I think one 90 grams) and had Bogeyhunter mail them out... so if you want to make a deal, I can give you his email, but you might need a hydraulic press to pry his fingers off one of them.

Not ironically, since it is THE thing to do, George also broke out his grass green Grass D-Techs at round robin last week at Citrus Heights.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2021, 17:17 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Jaspican,

Good to see you like the feel. I had exactly two hits with the JSH lasting just seconds, but I could immediately tell this is a spinner's blade. Nexy Prez Oscar seems ot have a new interview with JSH almost every day on his youtube channel. One of them he subbed in decent English and talked about the development process.

JSH had several pre-production models he liked in one way or another, but settled for now on this unit. JSH hinted that future production runs may have some differences (Hello collectors?) I can go full conspiricy theory sarcasm that this is to generate more sales, but I think JSH just wants to mix it up and really likes multible versions of his namesake blade.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2021, 02:35 

Blade: Stiga Def Classic
FH: Tibhar MX-P 2.0mm
BH: Hallmark Tactics 0X
mart1nandersson wrote:

Intresserad :D

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2021, 16:55 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
banimal wrote:
mart1nandersson wrote:

86g ST handle. I’m asking 1000SEK for it with free shipping (in Sweden). Only used for two practices. Import and VAT made it crazy expensive so this is a bargain. Send me a PM for it if you’re interested.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2021, 23:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very interesting Japsican! :up: :up: :up:

That green rubber sure is bright!

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2021, 04:18 

I love the blade, but I really LOVE the DTecs. I'm going to try it out on the BTW JSH and the CWX blade tonight vs. my practice partner. We'll see.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 03:40 

Blade: homemade
FH: 729FX SuperSoft
BH: 729FX SuperSoft
Japsican wrote:

That looks like ayous to me. Is it?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 18:58 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Nice! Still using this setup? Would be cool to see some chopping action with it though. Maybe a drill? The 1.6 sounds very interesting

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2022, 02:42 
Super User

mart1nandersson wrote:
banimal wrote:
mart1nandersson wrote:

86g ST handle. I’m asking 1000SEK for it with free shipping (in Sweden). Only used for two practices. Import and VAT made it crazy expensive so this is a bargain. Send me a PM for it if you’re interested.

I am interested.

(Spain)