OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2020, 05:06 

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new sheet of short pips for my BH to complement Tenergy 05 on FH with Zhang Jike ALC blade. I like to play aggressively close to the table and attack serves where possible with my BH (no chopping with BH). I've had a few short pips already:

1) BTY Challenger Attack 1.7 - I liked the thickness as it bottomed out nicely, but was too spinny and played too like inverted
2) BTY Impartial XB 1.9 - Too bouncy, uncontrollable and too spinny
3) TSP Spectol 2.1 - Too soft a sponge and too slow, worst one I had
4) BTY Speedy P.O. 2.1 - Nice speed, not very spinny, best of the ones I had but still played too much like inverted, no deception etc.

What are some of the most deceptive non-spinny short pips, easy service return/good for attacking serves close to the table, blocks, drives etc?
In terms of thickness, is it true that the thicker the sponge the more it will play like inverted?
What is the difference between vertical and horizontal alignment of the pips? How does that influence play?

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2020, 09:16 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm
the most deceptive i have tried.is the.yinhe uranus poly max sponge though control.is average, always gives me.a.wobble.ball

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2020, 16:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Many praise Dr Neubauer Killer for being very deceptive, but also very difficult to use.

I have tried the middle long pimple Neubauer Aggressor - very deceptive but also difficult to use, especially in a fast game, on a fast blade. But great fun to play with. K.O. is another MP that is slightly more easy to use.

Also, Neubauer Explosion could be interesting, less deception, more control than Killer. Should be pretty fast.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2020, 06:16 

Def-attack,

How would you compare Killer Pro and Aggressor? Which one is better for attacking close to the table?

Do you know anything about Leopard?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2020, 06:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Like I said, I have not tried Killer, but that should be better for attacks close to table compared to Aggressor. No idea about Leopold.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2020, 10:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

There's all sorts of cheap Chinese stuff to try. Deceptive/attack would mean medium pips, to begin with, I think. 563?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2020, 21:33 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
It really depends on how much spin you still want to be able to apply when needed. So called deceptive short pips like killer or explosion seem to achieve a modest level of deception at the expense of spin and do not seem that effective with the new ball.

A couple of exceptions are Spinlord waran and possibly Hass and the new Barner SP. If you really want deception with the abs ball go for an MP but this will require learning new techniques if you have come from inverted.

Thinner sponge e.g 1.5mm gives more disruptive effect and feel whilst thicker sponge = more spin and speed. I have switched to MP from SP as I found SPs with the new ball really need to be be hit very aggressively to trouble an opponent whilst with MPs even slow shots can be dangerous

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2020, 16:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

How about NO sponge? You can actually hit pretty hard with a hardbat if you play close to the table. 563 OX is quite nice for this.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2020, 21:01 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
iskandar taib wrote:
How about NO sponge? You can actually hit pretty hard with a hardbat if you play close to the table. 563 OX is quite nice for this.

Iskandar

I have a sheet of Waran that I took the tired sponge off so I might give it try in OX. What sort of blade do you thinks it would work best on?

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2020, 01:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've no idea, really.. :lol: Recently I've been playing with some Sanwei M8s - they're so cheap I have about two dozen of them.. The 563 OX experiment was on a M8. I liked how ultra lightweight it was, and I was constantly twiddling so I was using it on both forehand and backhand. Didn't give me too much trouble (I normally play with double inverted). I must admit the opposition was similarly low-level players.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2020, 09:09 

Roll wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new sheet of short pips for my BH to complement Tenergy 05 on FH with Zhang Jike ALC blade. I like to play aggressively close to the table and attack serves where possible with my BH (no chopping with BH). I've had a few short pips already:

1) BTY Challenger Attack 1.7 - I liked the thickness as it bottomed out nicely, but was too spinny and played too like inverted
4) BTY Speedy P.O. 2.1 - Nice speed, not very spinny, best of the ones I had but still played too much like inverted, no deception etc.

What are some of the most deceptive non-spinny short pips, easy service return/good for attacking serves close to the table, blocks, drives etc?
In terms of thickness, is it true that the thicker the sponge the more it will play like inverted?
What is the difference between vertical and horizontal alignment of the pips? How does that influence play?

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2020, 09:11 

cartagena wrote:
Roll wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 05:06 

Blade: Nittaku Haneyoshi
FH: Search for DJ40+
BH: Stiga Horizontal 55 (1.0)
I recommend Spinlord Degu. We have two players using them, difficult balls are coming from them.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 18:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

klopcha wrote:
I recommend Spinlord Degu. We have two players using them, difficult balls are coming from them.
I uses Degu and I can confirm that people are having a hard time reading the spin from it. But this goes for many SPs. Even 802 can be very deceptive if you on purpose tries to make different spin.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 00:52 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Def-attack wrote:
klopcha wrote:
I uses Degu and I can confirm that people are having a hard time reading the spin from it. But this goes for many SPs. Even 802 can be very deceptive if you on purpose tries to make different spin.

+1 Degu . Easy to use,can chop ok,sends different spins.