OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 07:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2022, 20:48 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
When I take the bottles and can's to the recyclers, I tend to use the refund money to buy something I don't need.

A month ago I bought a couple cheap chinese blades and some rubbers with a view to give away at the club to people that might not be able to afford a better bat, or starter kid or even adult for that matter. I seem to be the go-to guy to replace members rubbers for them so I also keep their old ones if they don't need them, for the same purpose.

Today in the mail arrived a couple of Huieson V1 ( Training Splywood *Sic) blades and Thunder rubbers. Whole lot was $25 delivered. Here's my quick review.

V1 Blade

First thing I should say is that I wasn't expecting much however given that I've used Sanwei M8 and also Yinhe N11 and found them quite good, I was hoping that this might be a little gem.

In taking them out of their plastic wrap, had to double check they weren't mini-bats. They weren't but they did have a compact head size of about 150 X 150 compared to say the usual 157 x 150. Many Andro blades in the past had smaller heads so although I didn't think it was ideal, it didn't impress me either. Having said that, often when taking rubbers off old blades, they tend to have shrunk a bit so these blades might be good for those occasions.

The finish of the handle was ok but the lens was dug in a bit at one end. Moreso on one than another. The handle itself had a good fit though, wasn't thin like some can be, about right.

I've no idea what wood ply was used but the top layer was quite light in colour and looked a bit like it could splinter easy. I put sealer on it just in case. One blade had a bit of a dark patch in the wood, a bit smaller than the smallest coin. I'm assuming they just get hold of any old tree they can thats cheap. Fair enough though, its a cheap blade so I wouldn't expect any QC.

The blades weighed in at 80 and 81 grams which despite the compact head were still normal weight. Might have expected a bit less. Once the rubber were on though, as there was also less rubber the overall weights were around teh 160 gram mark, a bit less than avrerage I'd say so not bad for kids.

What I really didn't like was that despite having the ALL speed rating, it was far from it. Its rare to get a true ALL Chinese blade but these were more like OFF / OFF+. For those that refer to the blade frequency chart they came in at 1,464 and 1,614. Not even really that close to each other. Although we can't rely on these numbers alone, the ball really did feel like it was pinging fast off the blade with little dwell time.

I'd happily give a beginner an M8 but not so much this blade as I really feel its too fast. My view is that beginners should start their journey on slower equipment that can spin.

In summary, look, they were about $8 each so can't expect much and they really are fine for what you get however in my pursuit for my use case, I'd rather have one M8 for $16 than 2 of these for same.

Hueison Thunder

These rubbers were put on one of the above blades. They aren't ITTF approved. Both rubbers had some marks and lines on them from where it looks the plastic covering has slightly discoloured the rubber. Isn't really noticeable and looks like it should come off but hasn't yet with a quick lick and wipe.

No idea of the hardness but seems quite soft for a Chinese rubber, not in the soft Euro category but I'd say maybe 45-47 deg give or take. To the touch they are bit harder than Rapid Sound and a bit softer than Mark V which was the other rubbers I had close by. Harder than Victas Triple Regular, softer than VS401.

They are slightly tacky, similar to an LKT Xp Pro, black seemed more tacky than red which I've found that to be a common thing lately. I've heard the rumour but I think its actually true.

Apart from the non-ITTF issue, I think these play quite well, similar to an LKT XT pro or Rapid Sound type of rubber. I'd have not problems giving these to a new starter to learn the shots. Similar to above, you can get these for $8 a pair however you can get Reactor Corber ITTF approved (I think) for about $11. They are a bit harder though from memory and I generally like to start new players on softer gear. Either would be fine though.

So if you got this far, thanks for reading. We know you get what you pay for, and in this case you do, not to say it doesn't have a use case but I probably won't get the blades again, maybe the rubbers, not sure.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2022, 17:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That reminds me - I still haven't tried that sheet of Sriver-HE I bought a while back.. :lol:

Iskandar