OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 23:30 
Two Winged Warrior

mynamenotbob wrote:
Speedy Spin is the Tibhar version of Sriver.

Not Varispin? I always thought that was Tibhars Sriver, but Rapid can also be considered. :lol: Donic Coppa is also a Sriver substitute.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 00:13 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

Sun = T25 dont think so..

sun maybe soft, but it has fairly low spin. Sun is all about the speed + the pips on the rubber a huge.. wouldnt it be more T64?

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 02:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
cstt wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Speedy Spin is the Tibhar version of Sriver.

Not Varispin? I always thought that was Tibhars Sriver, but Rapid can also be considered. :lol: Donic Coppa is also a Sriver substitute.

Maybe Varispin could be a Flextra replacement also.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 05:59 
Super User

speedplay wrote:
so_devo wrote:
speedplay wrote:
I think that Red Diamond comes close enough to be considered a substitue for T05.

If we're looking at direct replacements I disagree here; RD is much harder and is tacky whereas T05 is not.

Reputedly Galaxy Moon is similar to T05, Moon pro to T05FX, Sun to T25

I think Gambler Six Shooter is similar enough to Tackiness D to be considered

so_devo,

what I have I told you about being corrected? I don'tlike it :headbang:

But, of course you are right, there are differences between the T05 and the RD, but much to my surprise, I thought they played rather similar, except for the high end spin offered by T05, a spin that RD couldn't match.

The main difference between RD and T05 I find is that Tenergy has a strong catapult effect and therefore a lot less control on shots other than topspin compared to RD. I find this difference so big that I find these rubbers almost non comparable.

Speedplay says:
Seriously? I'm in to my third sheet of T05 and I must say that I find the catapult being close to non existant with it. The sponge feels really dead and nothing happen until you really dig the ball in to it. Totally different to other SGE rubbers that I have tried. Goes to prove that not even BTY have a perfect quality control...

Sorry folks, messed up the quote and edit button last night, the bold part is "my" post.//Speedplay

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 07:57 
Two Winged Warrior

I just read that Butterfly will get one main distributor for Europe, and shops who have contracts with that distributor can get Butterfly rubbers, others can't.
Well that's quite nice for me to hear cause I run all the equipment at my club, and 80 to 90% plays with Butterfly. I can't get Butterfly products anymore. :headbang:
Thank you very much Butterfly, well done :up:

Sriver EL substitute: Donic Coppa Tagora
Sriver FX: Donic Coppa Tenero

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 08:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
cstt wrote:
I just read that Butterfly will get one main distributor for Europe, and shops who have contracts with that distributor can get Butterfly rubbers, others can't.
Well that's quite nice for me to hear cause I run all the equipment at my club, and 80 to 90% plays with Butterfly. I can't get Butterfly products anymore. :headbang:

That really sucks! First the huge price hikes, and now that!

I guess this should give us even more incentive to complete this list!

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 08:51 
Two Winged Warrior

Well, I now know that I will try even harder to kick all Butterfly stuff out and replace it with better and cheaper stuff like Donic, Tibhar and Joola. Ofcourse this excludes my blades :P
If they want a war they can have one :devil:
Please continue this list cause it might come in very handy for me. Maybe an idea to make a same topic for blades?

001 Tenergy 05
- LKT Red Diamond
- Galaxy Yin-He Moon
- Andro Hexer
003 Tenergy 64
- Galaxy Yin-He Mars V2
- Palio Blitz
005 Spinart
- Palio Hadou 2046, Hadou Biotech
- Palio Thor’s
Sriver G2
- Dawei Saviga, spinnier

By the way, a bit more info on the Butterfly news.
Some shops get the rights to publish information, pictures and other sorts of things on their websites if they are chosen by Butterfly. Other shops can sort of buy a license from the Butterfly authorised shop, but they can only show the rubbers in their actual shop, and not on the internet.
I see even higher prices on the horizon

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 11:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes happy to make one for blades as well... I just need a list ;)

That sounds like Butterfly are really dictating the terms... they seems to have changed their direction in the last few years, and show little loyalty to their distributors that may have been promoting their products for many years...

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 17:07 
Two Winged Warrior

I'll make one for the blades using the Butterfly website, might take a while but I'm pissed off enough to do it. :@

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 18:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade listed started here:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=15721

Any more rubber alternatives guys?

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2011, 20:08 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

i was told that joola tango extrem is quite close to one of the T-series, it might have been T05 or else 64

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 01:39 
Horse Hockey!

Sriver L = DHS G666 (it's slightly tacky at first but after it's broken in it loses its tack and plays very similar to the Sriver L)

Sriver FX = Palio CJ8000 Biotech w/36-38deg Japanese sponge (also slightly tacky when new, but gets better as the tack wears off)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 03:14 
Super User

cstt wrote:

I got the same mail from our distributor (Menereis). They won't be selling any Butterfly any more. This should actually mean a big drop in costs for our club as our national teams get their rubbers and frames paid for by the club and a lot of them play with Tenergy. Now they can find a more price friendly substitute.

Also +1 for the two substitutions for the Sriver rubbers. I've been recommending Coppa Tagora/Tenero for some years now. Coppa is about 20% cheaper and plays the same as the Sriver rubbers.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 03:18 
Super User

wfberkhof wrote:
speedplay wrote:
The main difference between RD and T05 I find is that Tenergy has a strong catapult effect and therefore a lot less control on shots other than topspin compared to RD. I find this difference so big that I find these rubbers almost non comparable.

Speedplay says:
Seriously? I'm in to my third sheet of T05 and I must say that I find the catapult being close to non existant with it. The sponge feels really dead and nothing happen until you really dig the ball in to it. Totally different to other SGE rubbers that I have tried. Goes to prove that not even BTY have a perfect quality control...

Sorry folks, messed up the quote and edit button last night, the bold part is "my" post.//Speedplay

Question...is T05 very different from the other Tenergy rubbers when it comes to catapult effect? I'm not 100% sure it was T05 or another Tenergy rubber I had some games with.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2011, 03:35 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Anybody ever find a comparable rubber to Tackiness Chop?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next