OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 14:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmmm...

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... classic-v3

Yup..

"The Defplay Classic Senso V3 was designed with a classic defensive game in mind. It is suited for long range defense as well as fast attacks close up. Among its modern counterparts, this blade is a featherweight, coming in at a mere 70 g. The weight is even more surprising when you consider that the head size is larger than the standard size for most blades. This blade has two balsa wood plies in the center with the two outer plies made of Koto and Ayous wood. "

It IS light... 70g would be lighter than most, except for balsa blades. And it's oversized (probably not largely so, though). EUR33 isn't terribly expensive, either (you'd have to add shipping to that). Might be worth a try.

There's also this:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... y-senso-v3

A little cheaper at EUR30. And weighs 85g. Probably a little faster, too, if you compare the blurbs.

"Created for allround players who like to switch between defensive and offensive playing styles. This 5 ply allround blade has two dampening outer plies of elastic Gabon and Anegre wood. The head size is 3mm larger than the standard blade size. The dampening effect is facilitated by the Senso technology, which employs the specially developed V3 hollow engineering. "

Different woods - probably quite different from the earlier blade.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 14:40 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:

There's also this:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... y-senso-v3

A little cheaper at EUR30. And weighs 85g. Probably a little faster, too, if you compare the blurbs.

"Created for allround players who like to switch between defensive and offensive playing styles. This 5 ply allround blade has two dampening outer plies of elastic Gabon and Anegre wood. The head size is 3mm larger than the standard blade size. The dampening effect is facilitated by the Senso technology, which employs the specially developed V3 hollow engineering. "

Different woods - probably quite different from the earlier blade.

Iskandar

I've been playing with the Defplay Senso V3, for around 9-10 months... It's pretty good @ looping (FH & BH), close-to-mid distance... I'm guessing, since it seems to have more than average amount of flex... It's okay'ish for flat-hits... To me, it also seems rather springy... I like it on the FH-side, and have mixed feelings about the way it plays with Long-pips (Disclaimer : I'm still trying to figure-out how to play with LP).... To me, this blade is Def+ -All .... Lots of vibrations, due to the hollow-handle (Senso Technology)...

I would recommend medium-hard'ish rubbers with this blade...

I'd like to try a blade, thats a bit stiffer, lighter, and cheaper than the Defplay V3...

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 15:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Don't know about stiffer, but the M8 is lighter, and considerably cheaper.. :lol: So much so that if you haven't tried one yet, just get one anyhow - the only thing you have to lose is $9... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2019, 21:24 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Don't know about stiffer, but the M8 is lighter, and considerably cheaper.. :lol: So much so that if you haven't tried one yet, just get one anyhow - the only thing you have to lose is $9... :lol:
Iskandar

https://bit.ly/2B0qj2k .... If it's the same blade, then it's cheaper here.....

I've ordered the premade variant, and my lil nephew plays with it... I tried it, and found it decent, considering the price..

anyway, I wasn't trying to compare the Defplay V3, to your beloved m8... I was just wondering if there was something similar to the V3, but just a tad stiffer, lighter, slower, and ofcourse cheaper..

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019, 19:21 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
Just ordered a bat for my daughter (12yo) she likes the defensive play. Something good but cheap:
blade: Yinhe 980
FHrubber: Yinhe Mercury II max (red)
BHrubber: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm (black)

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pro-Com ... 72926.html good price but I will have to wait for 30-40 days to arrive :(

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 15:13 
Super User

tzifos wrote:
Just ordered a bat for my daughter (12yo) she likes the defensive play. Something good but cheap:
blade: Yinhe 980

Yes, I've always wanted to know how this blade is... Does not seem to be very popular over here, since I find very little discussion on it, over here.... I wonder why

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 19:18 

I haven't received it yet.... blade (pre-made with the rubbers) is waiting for Greek customs to check it and release it (ordered from China, Aliexpress).

It is an "oversized" soft/flexy chinese cheap blade (All-/Def+) costing $20. I don't expect much from it but I will compare it with my Donic Defplay Senso and post here.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 19:03 

Hi all, I wanted to get some advice on purchasing a new bat pleaseeee. When I was in school I used to play on a regular basis was by no means an expert but much more competent than a beginner. Can we say a beginner to intermediate standard. Fast forward 30 years later and I intend to pick up the sport again.

I was hoping if I could get some opinions in relation to buying one of the following bats please. These are:

1) Stiga Inspire (1 star)
Rubber = 1.5mm
Speed = 40 rating
Spin = 30 rating
Control = 90 rating

2) Stiga Response (2 star)
Rubber = 1.7mm
Speed = 45 rating
Spin = 35 rating
Control = 90 rating

3) Stiga Perform (3 star)
Rubber = 2.0mm
Speed = 50 rating
Spin = 35 rating
Control = 90 rating

Any feedback / opinions would be greatly appreciated, many thanks

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 20:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Those are all pre-mades, and the consensus is that pre-made Stigas (and Donics and Tibhars and Schildkrots and even Butterflies) are to be avoided. Generally heavy and slow, and surprisingly badly made considering the brand names.

If you want a pre-made I suggest this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SANWEI- ... 74001.html

Yes, pre-mades from Sanwei, Palio, Yinhe and DHS are surprisingly good. This one in particular. The price is a bonus. Even if you get one of those Stigas order one of these anyway.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 23:16 

iskandar taib wrote:
Those are all pre-mades, and the consensus is that pre-made Stigas (and Donics and Tibhars and Schildkrots and even Butterflies) are to be avoided. Generally heavy and slow, and surprisingly badly made considering the brand names.

Yes, pre-mades from Sanwei, Palio, Yinhe and DHS are surprisingly good. This one in particular. The price is a bonus. Even if you get one of those Stigas order one of these anyway.

Iskandar
I think that this bat that you propose is not pre-made by Sanwei. It is an (pre)assembled bat from the store with M8 bat and two T88Taiji. That is even better if the store has good reputation as I see from the aliexpress link. Right?

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019, 19:34 

Thanks for everyone's input. At this stage, I want to just pick one of the 3 Stiga pre-made bats ready to go due to convenience.

Any suggestions out of the 3 I listed which might be preferable ?

Many thanks

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019, 20:18 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
tdltdl wrote:
Thanks for everyone's input. At this stage, I want to just pick one of the 3 Stiga pre-made bats ready to go due to convenience.

Many thanks

Out of the 3 pre-made Stigas, I'd choose the Sanwei that Iskandar linked to, with the faster ePacket shipping option. :lol: It probably won't even be close.

This is an enthusiast forum, sure, but most OOAKers have good reasons to recommend against pre-mades. Usually it's because of high price for low performance.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019, 23:12 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
tdltdl wrote:

Many thanks

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone here who plays with one of the options listed. They are... not good.

If you are in the US - check out what colestt.com or zeropong.com have to offer. Better combos, likely for less money.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 15:28 

There is also this option https://www.amazon.com/Palio-Master-Tab ... 945&sr=8-1 far better than these Stigas

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2019, 20:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

tzifos wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar
I think that this bat that you propose is not pre-made by Sanwei. It is an (pre)assembled bat from the store with M8 bat and two T88Taiji. That is even better if the store has good reputation as I see from the aliexpress link. Right?

It turns out it's a Sanwei pre-made. It WAS on the Sanwei website but it seems to have been replaced by about 6-8 "Taiji Series" bats. The handle color is different from what you get with a M8. I ordered one, and to be honest, I can't tell the difference between it and the M8 - same thickness, about the same weight (there's a range, but the M8 is uncommonly light), the same speed and feel and the handle is identical aside from the colors. It was also shrink-wrapped in cellophane with "Sanwei" printed all over it so I'm pretty sure it left the factory with the rubbers already attached. I lent it to someone (his rubber was coming loose), and he ended up liking it so much he bought it off me. The price is certainly really good, and you get a racket case "free" as well. The bare M8 blades have also come down to $6.50, though you no longer get the racket case.

By the way there's a Sanwei catalog for 2018/19:

http://www.sanweisport.com/english/wp-c ... SINGLE.pdf

Looks like that "Year of the Red Butt Monkey" pistol grip blade (page 45) I bought at the 2016 WTTC is the "Artistic Series" blade.. :lol: I wonder if you're supposed to play with it at all. And I think the "Walter" blade on page 44 was supposed to be "Walther". :lol: Oh... And you HAVE to check out the new Target National packaging (page 10).. I wonder if he actually plays with that rubber, or really uses Tenergy, like most other pros...

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next