OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 23:23 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I read all the time that people love using Hurricane 3 but only when boosted as without it, its slow and a bit dead.

I'm not sure what makes this rubber so great when boosted but as we all know its illegal to boost and I couldn't be bothered with it all. When it does play well boosted is that with my baby oil boost, Seamoon boost or any number of variances? I'm sure each plays slightly different maybe?

Surely there has got to be a rubber off the shelf that is similar to boosted Hurricane 3, but maybe not, which is why people go out of their way to boost.

Anyone know of something similar?

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 23:53 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
When i first came back to table tennis, I bought a DHS 4002, which had H2 on one side (FH). I played quite happily with it as it was, from the box. Later, I have been using H8, and more recently, I am playing with unboosted H3 Provincial. I've never found that the rubber is "unplayable" unboosted, and I get the results I want as is. I have tried a boosted rubber, and found that the shots tended to go off the table, perhaps unsurprisingly, which is the same result I get when using glue-effect rubbers, Tenergy and tensors. I am happy enough with tensors on the BH, but even there I look for alternatives now. Yes, I do play with quite a lot of physical effort, despite being 66, and having arthritis in both knees and one foot. The only thing I will stipulate is that Hurricane rubbers do need some play-in time, which is why I always have a backup sheet on a practice bat.

I never played in the speed glue era, so never looked to get that sort of effect. I may be weird ;) , but my playing partners often mention that my bat is a monster, very fast and spinny. If I were to play at international level, it might be different. But not likely I ever will, outside of the odd dream.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 03:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What about that Yasaka Floating Dragon stuff? :lol: Actually - it might not be a bad idea to get a sheet of H3 (I've seen it for under $15 delivered) and boost it, just to see what it's like. Doesn't mean you have to use it forever after, you can then use what you've found to figure out 1) if you like it, and 2) what else is like it. But if you want to do it, do it properly. Get a bottle of Seamoon or Falco (they sell these tiny bottles of Falco for those who want to experiment), or get Wendy's (yes, it works). Don't use "P.O." or "E.O." or baby oil - those may or may not work but there's no guarantee it's the same sort of thing.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 08:47 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

Without Boosting, I suggest buying the H3 NEO version and when putting it onto your blade, ensure you roll/stretch the rubber best you can. provided it sticks down, it stays in this slightly stretched state and behaves much like a boosted rubber.

This is what I was doing after boosting was banned. I'm now using rising dragon and do similar - when gluing, roll it onto the blade as tightly as you can and it gets a better less "dead" bounce.

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 08:56 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
what about DHS Goldarc 8? I am going to get a sheet once I find a max one that is definitely genuine...

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 10:27 
Super User

Gold Arc 8 is a good tensor rubber, but not really like Hurricane in any form. Even though I have the 50 degree version, it feels nowhere near as hard.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 18:52 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
iskandar taib wrote:
What about that Yasaka Floating Dragon stuff? :lol: Actually - it might not be a bad idea to get a sheet of H3 (I've seen it for under $15 delivered) and boost it, just to see what it's like. Doesn't mean you have to use it forever after, you can then use what you've found to figure out 1) if you like it, and 2) what else is like it. But if you want to do it, do it properly. Get a bottle of Seamoon or Falco (they sell these tiny bottles of Falco for those who want to experiment), or get Wendy's (yes, it works). Don't use "P.O." or "E.O." or baby oil - those may or may not work but there's no guarantee it's the same sort of thing.

Iskandar

Ehhh :-D Yasaka Floating Dragon ! Where is that rubber! I want it ! :lol:

Nah, Yasaka Rising Dragon and Shining Dragon I doubt will work with any oil boosters. YRD ==== DOES NOT REACT with P.O (baby oil) or E.O ==== you will get a Taco rubber that behaves exactly same way as the original sheet. :rofl:

I've recently tried out Sanwei Target "National" :-D Heavy as a hammer, but I think it has same speed if you got a boosted H3N. Also seems to be a very tacky rubber ! It holds the ball forever until you shake it off !

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 21:09 

Blade: Darker Speed90 CP
FH: Prov H3
BH: Andro Beat
Cobalt wrote:
I read all the time that people love using Hurricane 3 but only when boosted as without it, its slow and a bit dead.

I'm not sure what makes this rubber so great when boosted but as we all know its illegal to boost and I couldn't be bothered with it all. When it does play well boosted is that with my baby oil boost, Seamoon boost or any number of variances? I'm sure each plays slightly different maybe?

Surely there has got to be a rubber off the shelf that is similar to boosted Hurricane 3, but maybe not, which is why people go out of their way to boost.

This question has been asked by millions of TT Chinese fans!!!!

No there's nothing close to boosted H3 Provincial or National. That feel of boosted BS is very unique.

Probably the ones that come close wouls be:
Sanwei Target National
Xiom Vega China
Tibhar Hybrid K1 (or K1 plus)
Yasaka Shining Dragon

I have used STN. Better control than boosted H3 Prov. But top speed and spin are nowhere near as deadly.

Passionate about TT

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 21:29 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
SFF_liberte wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

This question has been asked by millions of TT Chinese fans!!!!

No there's nothing close to boosted H3 Provincial or National. That feel of boosted BS is very unique.

Probably the ones that come close wouls be:
Sanwei Target National
Xiom Vega China
Tibhar Hybrid K1 (or K1 plus)
Yasaka Shining Dragon

I have used STN. Better control than boosted H3 Prov. But top speed and spin are nowhere near as deadly.

Passionate about TT

Ehhh !? Are you sure about Yasaka Shining Dragon !?! I am CURRENTLY playing on YSD but it is NOWHERE near the "Legendary" levels of Boosted H3 National BlueSponge ! Surely even a beginner like myself can easily differentiate between the hardness and power and tackiness of the H3 National BS and the only slightly tacky and softer YSD !!! YSD is NOT EVEN SAME as Boosted H3Neo :lol:

YSD works wonders for me, but I can't see the top-elites using it yet :-D :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 06:26 

Blade: Xiom Fuga
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft
My club is sponsored by Joola and we get a discount on their products. So, I plan to try out "Golden Tango" when it is available. http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... lden-tango

It promises to have a tacky Chinese style topsheet with a tensor style sponge. LOL!

Anyway... I'm actually happy with the speed of Hurricane 3 Neo and I don't mind putting in a little effort. As long as I get lots of spin I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 12:41 

Blade: OSP Imune Pushblocker
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z
BH: DrNeubauer TroubleMaker
In France people speak about Tutle VIP 2018 rubber, does anybody try it ?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 20:51 

Blade: Darker Speed90 CP
FH: Prov H3
BH: Andro Beat
BryanY wrote:
My club is sponsored by Joola and we get a discount on their products. So, I plan to try out "Golden Tango" when it is available. http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/ ... lden-tango

It promises to have a tacky Chinese style topsheet with a tensor style sponge. LOL!

Anyway... I'm actually happy with the speed of Hurricane 3 Neo and I don't mind putting in a little effort. As long as I get lots of spin I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to another thread, it seems to be very similar to boosted H3.

Passionate about TT

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 04:12 
Super User

Has anyone mentioned Haifu Whale? I am slowly getting back after breaking my wrist, so have been trying out cheap stuff, and Whale II seems pretty good. It's only a training version, and untuned, so i would have reasonable expectation of the factory tuned non-training version.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 05:51 

darucla wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Haifu Whale? I am slowly getting back after breaking my wrist, so have been trying out cheap stuff, and Whale II seems pretty good. It's only a training version, and untuned, so i would have reasonable expectation of the factory tuned non-training version.

Can you briefly compare it to H3, please?

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2017, 07:47 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I've used Haifu whale quite a bit. It's not a bad rubber, can do all the shots but a lot slower than a tensor. Mine have both been factory tuned but don't know how long it lasts so maybe once I've used it awhile then changed blades, maybe it's mostly been the untuned version.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!