OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 01:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2019, 22:18 

iskandar taib wrote:
For a blade: 1) weight. 2) weight. 3) weight.

I don't like blades that weigh more than 80 grams or so, so I haven't tried any of those arylate-carbon blades (still looking for a lightweight one). Haven't tried any of those balsa blades, either (I used to make and play with my own years ago, though). And I've pretty much stopped trying different blades since I started playing with the Sanwei M8. I've got a couple of tote bags full of blades by now, including some rather expensive all-hinoki ones, just sitting there unused.

Rubbers? 1) I never buy the same expensive rubber twice... :lol: Other than that, I'm usually tempted into buying the more inexpensive rubbers based on stuff posted about them, usually on this forum (the last three being AK47 Blue, Reactor Tornado and Three Swords Red Dragon). I will usually buy a new rubber if it's relatively inexpensive (less than $15) and if it's gotten a bombastic recommendation. In pretty much all cases I've been disappointed.. not because the rubbers weren't good (they usually play just fine), but because they weren't much different from others I've already tried and didn't immediately increase my playing level by 50 ratings points. I've yet to come across that super rubber that only pros can use and I can't because it's too fast and uncontrollable (haven't tried Tenergy 05 yet, though). I HAVE found rubbers that were too SLOW for me (H3 and Ckylin come to mind).

Iskandar

can you recomend some rubber for under 15$ that you like best, all fh and bh? tks :D :D :D :D

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2019, 00:50 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
For me the right blade comes first.
When that’s right rubbers come next with ongoing experimentation

When I make any change these are the key factors I consider before purchase?

Blades:
Must be Balsa
Must be light no more than 75gms
With good balance & control
Personal testing & friends’ recommendation

Rubbers:
Sponge must be under 2mm, usually 1.5mm to 1.8mm, light weight & soft
Speed/ fast spiny black FH & slow red LP OX BH
Personal testing & friends’ recommendation

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2019, 03:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

M.Hoang wrote:

can you recomend some rubber for under 15$ that you like best, all fh and bh? tks :D :D :D :D

Cheap rubbers (~$5):

Yinhe 9000 (2 in 1 pack) (Slightly slow, good control)
729 General Sponge
Yinhe Mercury II (a little faster, better "build quality")
Reactor Corbor (inconsistent weight, sometimes topsheet comes off after long storage. You can also try Corbor Pro.)
Kokutaku 868 pink or gold 2 for 1 pack (topsheet comes off after ~ 2 years in storage)

Medium price rubbers (~$10)

AK47 Blue
729 FX Super
729 FX Super Big Pore Sponge (kinda bouncy though)
Palio CJ8000 (actually not recommended if you haven't glued rubber before - usually has dish, but plays OK if attached properly)

~$20 rubbers (sometimes ~$15 but you have to watch the sales)

Yinhe Big Dipper
Reactor Tornado

Expensive sheets:

Rasant
Rasant Turbo
Evolution MX-P
Rakza X
Rakza 7

Probably tons more I've forgotten. Pretty much ALL sheets I've tried (except for Reactor Corbor) work at least quite well. Maybe I should rather mention sheets I DON'T like - usually it's not because they don't play well, but because they've got some bad property (dish and high weight are the main culprits). Dawei Super Duper 2008 XP Whatever is one example - HEAVY. So was Haifu Whale. And T88-High Speed. H3 was too slow. Palio Emperor Dragon (the retail sheets) - I had one with a big bubble under the topsheet (I'm not impressed with Palio stuff's build quality and quality control). 999 Corp. had a line of $5 rubbers (which were good for emergency humid-day bats, but were otherwise slow-ish) but you can't get them any more (and they've disappeared from the LARC). KTL Golden Star (with the two-layer sponge) had 100% topsheet separation issues. KTL XT Green Dragon was a little slow. And so on.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!