OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 18:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 02:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Quote:
ok sir,
but why are you suggesting rakza 7 [ some people also suggest aurus], but not any soft or mediun soft rubber. But [rakza7/aurus/or other hard or medium hard rubbers] is suggested both does have the same hardness of mx-p
Rakza 7----46 degree
AURUS -----47.5 degree

EVOLUTION MX-P-----45.7 to 47.7 degree

and will not i have the same issue as with mx-p [hard to control in block and full topspin and too much of the catapult effect]...

and why are you not suggesting FX-S [other reviewer are also not in the same line as you are but I REALLY WONDER WHY?!! ]
EVOLUTION FX-S -------41 to 43 degree
not even suggesting EL-S
EVOLUTION EL-S ------- 43,8 to 45,8 degree

Well, you're looking at softer Tensors, so Rakza 7 is one of them. What I'm saying is that there are probably 2-3 dozen similar rubbers that will be as good as any other. FX-S, EL-S, Donic Baracuda, Rakza 7, Rasant Beat, maybe 2 dozen others will be similar enough that it won't make much difference. Just get what's cheapest, the same thing will happen (i.e. you'll use it for a couple months and have good luck with it, and then it will shrink and die.. :lol: )

Incidentally, if you're still looking at Tibhar, they've got this whole range of "Hybrid" rubbers out now (K1*, K2, etc.), and they seem to be aiming these at beginners and intermediate players:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35874

Not exactly sure what "hybrid" means in this context. Again, I suspect most of these would work as well.

What I'm saying is that rubber choice doesn't matter nearly as much as some people make it out to be, and it's possible to over-think the problem. Blade choice, though.. I think that matters a lot more. Even so, there's going to be dozens of blades that will work as well as any other, but I've found that blades take a lot more getting used to than rubbers do. Overly fast blades can really hurt your game, especially if you're just beginning.

Iskamdar

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2019, 08:15 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
vishal01 wrote:
Dusty054 wrote:
Aurus Select is 45 degrees but more importantly is not as fast and is therefore more controllable than any in the Evolution series. Tibhar describes it as an allrounder and it would likely assist with your control issues as might some of the slightly older gen rubbers mentioned like Rakza 7, Baracuda etc which don't have particularly high catapult or speed by todays standards.

agree!
but why not old generation soft rubbers like AURUS SOUND and Rakza 7 soft etc. to have maximum spin .

Just trying to avoid dramatic changes where they may not be necessary. The alternatives suggested are already similar or softer as well as slower than what you’ve been using but no reason at all why you shouldn’t try the softer versions if you think they would suit your game. They are not necessarily spinnier, it depends on your game style. Soft rubbers are great for close to the table looping and blocking if that is your style. I personally don’t like rubbers as soft as Aurus Sound though. Don’t like their bounciness on passive strokes. I’ve tried Aurus Soft and liked it.