OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 01:18 

Hi folks,
I'm looking for some advice on purchasing. I'm barely a player (I took 3rd in the adult family camp tournament this year!), but something came up for work.

I'm hoping to get ~100 decent-quality (Say https://www.amazon.com/4-Player-Paddles ... B075D6TK2Z) paddles with logos on them. All I can find are really horrid ones at about $30 each. Does anyone here have suggestions about where to go for such a thing, ideally at a reasonable price? Logos on just the handle would be fine. Logo on the rubber, even one side, would be better.

Thank you!
Mark

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 01:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Stay away from pre-made bats on Amazon!! :lol: The ones you linked to look like garbage - they're not even ITTF approved, and will likely be very heavy and slow. And no one's ever heard of that brand.

Get one of these things:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1854620589.html

This assumes you can already play with a bat using inverted rubber. Most people picking up a bat like this for the first time won't be able to control the ball AT ALL.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 02:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Incidentally.. this was the item from Amazon.

Weird.. are those 1 ply blades? :lol: The grain's going the wrong way.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 02:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
https://www.zeropong.com/assembled-bats-sh-c-40_80/

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 04:52 

These are for being left out for college students to pick up and play between classes. Believe me, they are using a lot worse right now. A lot worse. And they will be just left out, so I don't want something good, just something with *some* padding at a reasonable price. I realize this is probably the wrong forum for that, but I couldn't find anything better.

The logo is because a company would be donating them as advertising. Right now we have branded tables and other companies want to join in, but we don't need more tables.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 19:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ah... in that case, what I'd do is go to Wal-Mart and see what they have with "hard rubber" on it. Pimpled rubber with no sponge. Most people will be able to handle these better than the inverted rubber with sponge, and you won't have the problem of the topsheets coming off (which will happen sooner than later with cheap bats like these). There are probably some "hardbats" on Amazon, too, but I haven't looked.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 01:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmmm.. LOTS of weird stuff on Amazon. This is weirder than most:

https://www.amazon.com/AirBlades-Profes ... r_1_3_sspa

The BLADE looks interesting. The rubber????? When have you ever seen WHITE rubber? Printed white rubber at that.. "Five blades" of ayous wood... Hmmmm….

"The paddle's material is made with five layers of Ayous plywood, which provides extreme resistance to temperature - making your racket virtually immune to putrefaction and wearing" :lol:

Looked for hardbats, so far I only found this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091DJM24/re ... k_detail_9

That net is, of course, garbage. The bats look decent.

Oh OK, without the net:

https://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Sports- ... ref=sr_1_6

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 03:50 

I think I was unclear. I'm looking for a place were we can get *custom* logos (of our own design) on ping pong paddles. I don't think the suggestions above cover that.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 13:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

AHA!!!! Do you have access to a woodworking shop with a CNC router? You can probably find plastic lenses online somewhere.. It's a matter of routing an oval hole on the other side of the handle and fitting the lens inside. A printed piece of paper under the lens would be the logo. I suppose if you find round lenses you could just use a large drill bit and drill a shallow hole into the handle..

Here's a place where you can order custom-made table tennis blades, with a choice of handle colors and any sort of logo you could want.

https://playapingpong.aliexpress.com/st ... 70285.html

Since these are for table tennis enthusiasts, though, they're too expensive for what you want to do. They might sell you the clear plastic lenses, though. And you might enquire about making cheaper paddles, since I believe they're connected to a paddle OEM. I'd still suggest hardbats - ask them if they can put "OX short pips" on both sides.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 15:00 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Just visit alibaba.com and search for "custom logo table tennis bats". A couple of promising finds:

This one looks to be offering custom logo for handle only, but approaching competition grade quality. Note that shipping will be a significant cost, but minimum order quantity is reasonable. May be higher with custom logo, but you need to ask for a quote to find out.

This one is a bit more durable, but not an optimal choice for "advanced" players. You said the rackets will be "left out". If that means outdoors, wooden blades and proper rubbers will not be very durable. Go for this synthetic variety instead. Also more durable in an indoor setting, and really not bad to play with. (Better than your regular wal-mart paddle.)

Print on the rubber is also available.

For all of those, expect additional cost for making the print template, and also a different minimum order quantity.
Good luck!

Note that balls and nets are also available for custom print. You could ask the company who is sponsoring this whether they would also be interested in that.

Last edited by keme on 20 Dec 2019, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 15:03 
Super User

Yinhe makes custom blades, sorry you have to google to find their email. For an order of 100, I'm sure they are happy to oblige on custom labels.

Although the other posters are right, sponged rubber, left out, they won't last long...

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 17:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

And I think, if you put quality bats out, they'd tend to disappear.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 23:23 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
For the last 2 and a half years. I have run a "Bat and Chat" session for older people every week at Castle Quarter in Norwich. It is held in a "Ping Pong Parlour", which has three tables and a number of bats for free use. This is jointly paid for by Castle Quarter and Table Tennis England. Incidentally, Castle Quarter also sponsor my league teams. (Yes, blatant name-checking, but I believe they deserve some acknowledgement.)
The biggest problem is keeping enough balls available for the rest of the week. No problem for the bat and chat sessions, as I can ensure supply of balls and bats for that. The bats supplied for general use are Cornilleau Tacteo 30. https://uk.cornilleau.com/outdoor-bats/164-tacteo-30.html
They are very tough, waterproof and just about usable. Every week when I arrive for my session, more of the bats appear to have large chunks missing, as though they have been bitten by wild animals. The management have to replace them regularly. Occasionally, some well meaning soul leaves some very inexpensive wood plus sponged rubber bats in the playing area. These only last days.

So, my advice is try to keep some watch over the playing area. Most people are very appreciative of the facility, but some of the kids just go wild trying to show off. Logos are very vulnerable, and would be better placed on something other than the bats. Tables or nets for example, but the nets will also suffer over time. Incidentally, we are on our second set of tables already...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!