OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: alternative of viscaria
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2019, 15:18 

Blade: viscaria
FH: rakza7
BH: rakza7
Hi All respected members,
i am looking for alternative of viscaria to build a spare/for_practice racket setup, I currently have viscaria with rakza7 on fh and bh and satisfied with the blade and rubbers performance.

can you all suggest a blade similar to viscaria in all aspect like [it does not matter if the sound is not that crisp as of viscaria] feel, speed, spin and etc.
i am looking other than viscaria for my second setup since viscaria is expensive!

while reading reviews on net i am considering Andro Treiber CI, Joola Rosskopf Emotion, Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive and Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon.
please share your valuable views/experiences.

thanks and regards,

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2019, 16:22 
Super User

There are atleast half a dozen supposed Viscaria Clones by manufacturers such as Yinhe (Look at T, K, V series), and Sanwei (F3 Pro, Blue King, or something like that) .... I've played with some, but I'm on the fence about how similar they're to Viscaria/Spirit/TBLC .. It's probably a matter of perception ..

On paper, a cheap blade, with a composition, similar to that of Viscaria, would be Dawei GTD(?) .. Never played with it ..

A fellow club-m8 has a Tibhar Paul Drinkhall Carbo Powerplay (or something like that), with T64/T05, and another club-m8 has a Viscaria with T05/T05 .. I've played with both, and I apart from the difference in handle, I find them to be quite similar.. Once again, this could be a matter of perception .. It differs from individual to individual...

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2019, 16:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32844403602.html

*Shrug*

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2019, 18:34 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32844403602.html

*Shrug*

Iskandar

You really are a Sanwei salesman. How's the commissions? :rofl:

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019, 02:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It just came up first... :lol:

Maybe I should go find that aliexpress seller that makes custom clones. "Viscaria" is just one option.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019, 07:26 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
How about this Viscaria clone? Only $16.75!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815772489.html

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019, 14:26 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:

Maybe I should go find that aliexpress seller that makes custom clones. "Viscaria" is just one option.

Iskandar

I think its this one ..

https://playapingpong.aliexpress.com/st ... 2b6fJx6wK3

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019, 18:02 

iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

how to find the genuine and good seller on aliexpress...
can anyone has the links to these stores?

any reason why i am not able to find any butterfly prouduct on aliexpress...i search for the "viscaria" and "timo boll alc"..

i also read Iskandar's comment from another post:
"Easy way to find all the Eachengs. Search for "Yinhe 9000". All the stores that sell the 2-pack Yinhe 9000 "generic" rubbers are actually Eacheng in disguise. There's I think seven of them now (and two on ebay!). Prices differ among them, sometimes dramatically, go for the cheapest one. And prices change all the time, too. I've also seen them on Amazon, and they've got other "stores" on non-US versions of ebay. "

are they the only genuine store on ali express for TT euipments [they don't have the butterfly products]?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2019, 21:43 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Imho, the best Viscaria clone is the Yinhe V-14 Pro. Feels very like the BTY, although you may find the weight to be difficult to match.

Butterfly operate a very strict dealer network which does not allow their customers to buy outside of their own country.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 03:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

There's lots of fake Butterfly stuff in China, and there used to be lots on AliExpress. Most seem to have disappeared, but they've moved to places like wish.com. Yeah, Butterfly's pretty strict about "territories" - tabletennis11, for instance, does sell Butterfly stuff, but NOT outside - where was it - Latvia? - which is why you don't find any Butterfly products on their website if you're outside. So you're stuck ordering from your local dealer. You can find some genuine European stuff on AliExpress, but the prices are generally higher than from European websites so no point in getting it from there. For Chinese stuff, it's a great deal. Take advantage of it now because you don't know how long it will last - China might suddenly decide to stop subsidizing overseas shipping, or your country might decide to join Trump and impose big tariffs on all Chinese goods.

Yeah, Playa Ping Pong is the place to get a custom "Viscaria" clone. You can choose your handle, you can even get your photo added to the butt end.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 15:00 

darucla wrote:
Imho, the best Viscaria clone is the Yinhe V-14 Pro. Feels very like the BTY, although you may find the weight to be difficult to match.

Butterfly operate a very strict dealer network which does not allow their customers to buy outside of their own country.

what is the composition of "sanwei F3 pro" and "Yinhe V-14 Pro" ?

i also read on net that there is difference in old and new "sanwei F3 pro" and the new one is similar to innerforce than viscaria....is it true?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 18:13 

from https://revspin.net ....
Venus V-14 PRO
Materials: Limba,(outer), ALC, Limba, Kiri (core)
Sanwei F3 Pro:
Materials: Ayous,Hinoki/Cypress,ALC,Ayous,ALC,Hinoki/Cypress?,Ayous
Viscaria:
Material: Koto, Arylate-Carbon (ALC),Limba,Kiri,Limba,Arylate-Carbon(ALC),Koto

is it true? any other source to get it, i googled up to 3 pages.
if true then Venus V-14 PRO is more closer to viscaria?
what difference between limba and koto outer layer [other than the crisp sound].

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 22:41 

i played with yinhe v14 pro limitted version for a long time, very balance blade, structure are the same with viscaria, thicker than vis about 0,2mm - about 6 mm. a little bit harder and faster than viscaria, so i think it will stronger and easier than viscaria. the limited version has better quality, the commercial of chinese always has the different quality, so i think you should choice a comfortable weight for you with it. :D

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 01:29 

Blade: Yinhee V-14 Pro
FH: MX-P
BH: Vega Europe
I have two v-14 Pro...outer seems to be koto.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 15:48 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
There's lots of fake Butterfly stuff in China, and there used to be lots on AliExpress. Most seem to have disappeared, but they've moved to places like wish.com. Yeah, Butterfly's pretty strict about "territories" - tabletennis11, for instance, does sell Butterfly stuff, but NOT outside - where was it - Latvia? - which is why you don't find any Butterfly products on their website if you're outside.
Iskandar

I believe, it's Estonia