OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 13:51 
Super User

lasta wrote:

If you are looking for cheap but good, I find Loki V5 better made and slightly faster than Sanwei M8 and Yinhe N11.

It does look well-made ... However, it also costs, almost 3x more than the M8... Loki RXTON 1, seems to be in the same price bracket as the Sanwei M8

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 14:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

One day I'll start trying different blades again.. :lol: I suppose I should put all the blades I've tried together and take a photo.

One reason I like the M8 is the weight range. As low as 70g and as heavy as 82-83. I like the lighter ones with double inverted, the heavier ones can be used for combi bats. I love the feel, too.

As for "better made" - yeah, the M8 isn't that well made. But the N11, like all Yinhe blades, have incredible build quality.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 15:24 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
lasta wrote:

If you are looking for cheap but good, I find Loki V5 better made and slightly faster than Sanwei M8 and Yinhe N11.

It does look well-made ... However, it also costs, almost 3x more than the M8... Loki RXTON 1, seems to be in the same price bracket as the Sanwei M8

Have you checked Aliexpress? $14 shipped!

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 16:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Loki V5, not RXTON 1, right? The latter is a rubber. Not particularly cheap rubber, either.

Loki V5, from the "Official Loki Store":

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32856490517.html

USD14.33 - yeah, that's cheap. Buy two and you can get a dollar off... :lol: Shipping included.

Unfortunately, for me the deal breaker is the weight - 90g for the shakehands version. 85 at the lightest. Penhold is 5g lighter.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 16:12 
Super User

Yeah...don't trust the manufacturer specs.

Mine is 81g, ~5.9mm thick.

Ayous-Spruce-Ayous

Slightly faster than the ALL indication, I would say OFF- at the very least. Similar in speed and feel to the Stiga OC.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 16:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Here's the RXTON rubber, by the way:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32942820789.html

NOT cheap. This is in the $17-23 range (like, say, Presto or Big Dipper). Sponge seems HARD, too - 1 and 3 are 45 degrees, 5 is 49 degrees. Wonder WHICH degrees - probably Tianjin. Which would make them pretty hard. If they're Shanghai degrees that would be as hard as granite.. :lol: Or might they be using ESN degrees?????? Then they wouldn't be so hard.

Won't be buying any of these soon... at least not until the price drops significantly.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 17:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ah.. there IS a RXTON 1 BLADE.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295187 ... 3cb4MFoRsL

USD8.49.... Apparently suitable for a "new beginner" (wonder what THAT is.. :lol: )

And that's the same price (more or less) of a Sanwei M8. AND you get Wang Hao's signature as well.. :lol:

Look at all this stuff! :lol:

https://lokisports1.aliexpress.com/store/3522020

Wonder what the heck that fixture on the bottom left is for.

They've got the RXTON 1,3 and 5 rubbers for a lot cheaper than that other store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997507163.html

RXTON is actually their "Training rubber" line. For more "pro" players... there's Arthur Euro.. :lol:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000147637925.html

No, it's not a ESN product. And one wonders though - who the heck is Arthur? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 21:05 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
iskandar taib wrote:
who the heck is Arthur? :lol:

Iskandar

Dmitrij Arthurov, of course! :P

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2020, 06:25 

@iskandar taib

I got a Stiga Offensive Nct bat

Any help on the rubbers? I thought about Donic BlueStorm Z2 (maybe Z1?) or Stiga DNA Pro M for the fh?

I'm figuring out something softer for the bh, any suggestion? Donic BlueStorm Z3? Xiom Vega (Europe or Asia?)?

I'm looking for speed and control

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 13:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmm... to be honest, I wouldn't know the difference between BlueStorm and Blue Fire.. :lol: If you really want a suggestion, I'll betcha AK47 Blue would work fine on both sides.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 13:43 

iskandar taib wrote:
Hmm... to be honest, I wouldn't know the difference between BlueStorm and Blue Fire.. :lol: If you really want a suggestion, I'll betcha AK47 Blue would work fine on both sides.

Iskandar

U saying these rubbers are pretty much the same except if I were a advanced/pro player? Or u truly don't know the differences among them (cause there're lots of Youtube/forums/sites reviews about them and, according to them, rubbers are pretty different)?

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 15:53 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

+1 for the Palio AK-47 Blue ... I have the AK47 Yellow too, and quite like it ... It's the heaviest, amongst the NEWER AK47 series, but not too heavy, generally speaking .... To me, the throw seems to be a bit more than the blue variant .. Also, (and perhaps contrary to what others may feel) when I press the surface of the rubber, it seems to have a bit more give than the Blue variant .. Plus, I feel my top-spins/loops are more consistent, and bit more effortless with this rubber (even mid-distance from my the table)... It could be due to the blade it's paired with (Read my signature), or just my mind-set... However, the Yellow variant, seems to the least popular of the NEWER AK47 series.. I wonder why

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 16:13 
Super User

+1 on the AK47. I've had the Blue and Yellow. Amongst the bouncier Chinese rubbers currently available.

Durability not so good though, the blue topsheet de-laminated after 3 sessions (I like to think that I hit very hard :lol: ).

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 17:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

m-rpb wrote:
U saying these rubbers are pretty much the same except if I were a advanced/pro player? Or u truly don't know the differences among them (cause there're lots of Youtube/forums/sites reviews about them and, according to them, rubbers are pretty different)?

To be honest, I think a lot of these rubbers would be pretty much interchangeable even to very advanced players, meaning they could play well with any of them. You'll notice that a very large percentage of the top world-class players use ONE rubber - Tenergy 05. Even the Chinese use it on their backhands. Is it better than anything else out there? Perhaps.. but supposing it didn't exist. They'd just be using something else instead, and I don't think they'd be playing any less well.

As for reviews (at least, for inverted rubbers) - MOST of them don't actually say much except "this rubber is pretty fast and makes a lot of spin". And if it's a VIDEO review they spend a lot of time counter-looping. Even worse - read the blurbs on the back of the rubber packets. They all pretty much say "this is a modern rubber which is great for producing a lot of speed and spin". Not really very much to help choose between rubbers.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2020, 16:30 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
I’ve had experience with the following rubbers for RPB on 5-ply all wood flexible blades (listed in the order I like them):

1. DHS skyline 3-60
2. DHS Hurricane 3-50
3. DHS Hurricane 3 NEO (39 deg)
(Edit): I forgot to mention Yinhe Mercury 2
4. Yasaka Rakza 7
5. Nittaku FastArc G-1

The Skyline is a great balance between control, spin and speed. Great feel and I think it helps me develop the stroke better than a faster tensor.

The H3-50 has similar characteristics to S3-60, but softer and a notch slower. Not a bad option.

H3 Neo i like because i believe it will get my stroke to where I want it to be faster. It’s just physically exhausting. I think you’re forced to learn body mechanics quickly and also forces you to be responsible for incoming spin reads.

(Edit for Mercury 2): I forgot to mention this rubber. Sort of An in between Chinese to tensor but more on the Chinese side. A bit more forgiving than H3. Speed is somewhere between H3-50 & S3-60. It’s a good rubber with great value!

R7 vs G1, I liked Rakza because it had a more direct feeling. Somewhat more linear than G1. G1 felt a bit slower with more spin but it had an archy characteristic that I didn’t really prefer for my BH shots. The G1 shines in Chiquita flicks though, maybe because of that extra spin safety...

For the blade, I currently use Nittaku Acoustic, but I recommend a slower cheaper alternative to start like Yasaka Sweden Classic or Something within that class. Slow and control are your friends in the early stages of building your fundamental strokes. Probably the blade you have or mentioned will work fine for the basics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk